Fair on Miguel Llera?

Guest Sheff Owl

If they are fantastic then why does he feel the need to publicly slate individuals to the press? Especially ones who have provided crucial goals and been all and out good servents to the club.

It's very bizarre that must admit, maybe it's his way or highway but a very ruthless approch.

Apparently Semedo asked him not to be captain anymore too.

Well he has just picked out Llera there is that fair?

No he hasn't

He went through a number of players tonight as he was discussing the team/season

Just that the Llera one has been tweeted by Alan Biggs earlier

From what Ive read DJ was saying Llera had cost him too many goals. That seems to me to be a clear implication that Llera has been playing poorly.

Yes

But that's not 'slating' him mate

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Sheff Owl

No he hasn't

He went through a number of players tonight as he was discussing the team/season

Yes

Where are the other names mentioned not seen them?

I know there is "no sentiment in football", but this has probably annoyed me nearly as much as the result tonight.

Llera just comes always comes across as a really good, genuine and honest bloke who gives his absolute all to the cause.

He might not be up to it at Championship standard, time will tell - but I don't agree with publicly slating players and fail to see how it can be anything but a negative.

Indeed.

I dont want to sound sentimental but I'm pretty annoyed about that. Like you say, Llera might not be able to cut it but he has already contributed far more to this season than many as well as always giving 100%. DJ seems to be conveniently forgetting his 2 goals against Milwall to give us our last victory. To sound him out as responsible for costing us too many goals is grossly unfair.

No he hasn't

Yes

Maybe 'slating' is too harsh a word but that is a blatant public criticism of probably one of our best performers in recent months. No need for it.

Guest Sheff Owl

If Beevers comes out of the next game then you can see he is looking at everyone but if he stays in then i'm sorry but that's just crazy.

We are trying to solve a problem why we keep conceding and Beevers continues to keep his place even tho he has played most of the games?

Maybe 'slating' is too harsh a word but that is a blatant public criticism of probably one of our best performers in recent months. No need for it.

He went through a number of players - and also spoke about himself and his training team as being responsible

It wasn't an attack on Llera - just an explanation of why he'd not started the game

He went onto talk about other players (e.g. Antonio needs to start games a little better as it seems he takes 15 minutes to get into the games)

Owlstalk Shop

Llera is enigmatic and interesting but not that great of a defender. Martin Taylor looked like a Rob Jones downgrade today, getting beaten in the air far too often for a big defender.

In all truth I think getting rid of Rob Jones was a mistake as he's certainly a better defender and leader/organiser than Llera and Beevers. Has predictably been an absolute rock for Doncaster so far.

He went through a number of players - and also spoke about himself and his training team as being responsible

It wasn't an attack on Llera - just an explanation of why he'd not started the game

He went onto talk about other players (e.g. Antonio needs to start games a little better as it seems he takes 15 minutes to get into the games)

To flip this on it head Neil......modern management courses frequently talk about 'inspiring to perform"...............

Edited by Bedders

If management courses are right and correct - why are there new ones coming out all the time ?

Surely that means the old ones were a load of old poo pooe ?

lol

Well you could say that......or that......... they are adapting in a complex world to meet modern trends & requirements in an ever-changing global marketplace.

But you could be right......the old ones might just be poo pooe!

:tango: :tango: :tango:

In that case why aren't all the old management courses still being taught ?

Ok then......... do new bands come out because the old ones were a load of a poo pooe?

.....and I wish a bit more management from the 91 season & 93 season was being taught!

Edited by Bedders

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

In that case why aren't all the old management courses still being taught ?

Because they chuck out whats no longer relevant and keep whats needed. It's called evolution. But to suggest that new courses- and their objectives- are not historically relevant- or a load of old poo pooe-is comical. Today's courses and methods have evolved from yesteryears. Things are constantly in flux this is how we and things develop- that is, unless you are stuck and set in your ways.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump