Mattock

Sat in the north I would have to say the thing that shocked me most was his attitude. Didn't see to car less, no enthusiasm or commitment. Looked like he was happy to get sent-off just to get off the pitch. You can forgive lack of ability to a point but his performance worries me !

Jesus Christ, bad int he.!

when they went down to 10 men I was saying to my son, that we should take him of ( partly because he was the worst player on the pitch and partly to put more of an attack minded player on ) and go either 3 5 2 or 3 4 3.

He looks truly abysmal, deserved his stupid sending off and we were a better team without him. Yes he's being played on the wrong side but note how he was at leftback at one point and fell on his fat behind whilst the attacker skipped round him, was very lucky to be awarded a foul.

Dave Jones must have made a real series of poor signings if Kieran Lee isn't a better option than this guy. The hundreds of thousands spent on Maguire don't exactly inspire confidence either at this point.

Sat in the north I would have to say the thing that shocked me most was his attitude. Didn't see to car less, no enthusiasm or commitment. Looked like he was happy to get sent-off just to get off the pitch. You can forgive lack of ability to a point but his performance worries me !

Haha not picking on your statement but the attitude award must have to go to our big summer signing!!

Debate

plus as others have rightly said mattock is not a bad player!

he's not being played to his strengths for a start play the poor lad should play on the left, Brighton fans seem to think he had something (and they thrashed us) this will have done him no favours at all

all together now BOOO (losers get behind the team and look at Antonio and Semedo more closely) :-)

Guest spooookie1

Had him on loan last season,and to be honest,I thought he was one of the better loanee's we had.In fact a lot of Albion fans would have been fairly pleased if we had aquired him full time in the summer.

Guest Bald Owl

As above, he's a left back.

He can't play there, because we play a centre back there.

lol

Wouldn't matter where he played he'd still be pants, you can still play basic football if your a pro no matter where you play

absolutely shocking positional sense and too slow i reckon. Makes Reda look like Cafu.

Yes he is a left back, but as a pro he should surely be able to do a job at right back. When he played at LB against Sheffield FC he didnt exactly shine then either.

In short, a salad dodging liability.

Made me look like an idiot for a split-second did Mattock.

After he had committed the second offence, I stood up in the South stand and proclaimed him to be a "brainless f**king idiot- you've already been booked."

Everybody else turned and looked at me like I had something wrong with me.

Then the ref pulled out the second yellow, and everybody else went mental too.

Phew.

Never have I been so happy to see the old lady two rows in front shouting at "you stupid idiot" at a player.

Anyone else see him sat in his car at full time in car park, must have been waiting for someone, probly Madines lift home!!!

#

He was in the car just before the full time whistle all dressed and ready to go.

I thought we had got rid of dickheads with this couldnt care less attitude.

I hope jones sees this thread or is aware of the situation.

Apart from costing us the game, it aint on.

Guest andyofsheffield

#

He was in the car just before the full time whistle all dressed and ready to go.

I thought we had got rid of dickheads with this couldnt care less attitude.

I hope jones sees this thread or is aware of the situation.

Apart from costing us the game, it aint on.

True, he should have got changed and been up in 1 of the boxes watching and then back down after the game to hear what DJ has to say to them all.

Guest owl from retford

playing out of position does not help when the back line is already struggling but to be honest he's sending off was just stupidity had he not been sent off we may have had a draw or even won the game