Mattock

He's flipping dogsh1t lads.

He's a left back - OK. So what's his excuse for:

- NOT wanting the ball all night

- Picking out poor balls and playing balls into midfield putting them into trouble

- Losing almost every header

- Poor positional play allowing that diagonal ball over his head time and time again

- Constantly swaying into centre back position, leaving a massive gap and pretty much as above

Terrible, terrible 45 minutes. If he stayed on, we'd have subbed him at halftime and we'd probably have got something out of that game.

Worst performance from a player at Hillsborough in years.

Mattock's performance tonight reminded me if Patrick Blondeau's debut all those years ago. In other words f@ckin shybo and he got a well deserved red.

Silly challenge to make when you've already been booked. The Huddersfield player was well up the pitch and going nowhere, he actually would have over run it too. The ref had become card happy so not a very wise challenge, especially when the ref was looking to even things up on the sending offs front.

This is spot on. The ref didn't book Taylor for a very similar challenge earlier.

Mattock's performance tonight reminded me if Patrick Blondeau's debut all those years ago. In other words f@ckin shybo and he got a well deserved red.

Didn't he come out and say after, something about how bad Sheffield was and that all the women were dogs?

Edited by danx38

I'v said it once and I'll say it again hes a left back and left footed player. what else do you expect from him

C'Mon pal he's a pro footballer!!! I saw him pre-season at home to WBA, he came on at RB that game, nearly fell over his own feet every time he either had the ball or went to challenge for it. Needs to improve MASSIVEly for me!

Guest foreverSWFC

May aswell play Lloyd Owusu at right back.

He's a left back and he was way out of his comfort zone. Clumsy challenge, deserved the red, but JJ's ball to him hardly helped did it.

I thought JJ looked a better right back than Mattock. Kieran Lee must be terrible in training if he can't get in ahead of this clown.

^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^ Pity that he took his brain out when conceded the peno though. But yes, JJ looked ok at RB but Hudds barely threatened all 2nd half so we can't really read too much into his performance at RB.

To be fair he was out of natural position...

BUT as someone has said he's a pro footballer and should be able to adapt a lot more than he did. He was shocking. Left two men on his side two or three times stood on their own. Gave silly fouls away. Gave ball away. Then got a stupid second yellow. Let his team down tonite I'm afraid.

Swinging recklessly at an opposing player when the balls gone has flip all to do with being played out of position.

It was basic and stupid.

His performance can be excused for being out of his comfort zone. But not his reckless attempt at a tackle, and a late one at that.

I'v said it once and I'll say it again hes a left back and left footed player. what else do you expect from him

I bit of common sense and professionalism when asked to do a job. JJ did a better job at full-back.

I don't expect him to be a world beater in that position and I wouldn't pick him to play on the wrong side. However, to pick up 2 needless booking at that time was plain stupid.