Where can four new signings fit into the starting XI

Guest Massiveowl

Start with that 4-4-3 formation people keep mentioning. That's a start!

we must be confident to play with no keeper ;)

Jones never changes a winning side with the exception of injuries, and rightly so. It's nailed on that one of the signings will be taking the number 5 shirt, he'll need to do a hell of a lot to displace Beevers or Llera.

Assuming we get Barkley, and the Barnett rumour is true, and the other striker we're after isn't better than Rodri, we should line up like this:

----------------Kirkland

Buxton - Barnett - Llera - R.Johnson

----------Semedo - McCabe

Antonio--------Barkley--------J.Johnson

-------------------Rodri

Bywater, Gardner, Lines, Mayor, Pecnik, Madine, *new striker*

then you've got the likes of O'Grady, Lee, Mattock, Beevers, Maguire, Amado etc. in reserve, we're gonna be f00kin stacked and everyone will be fighting for their place all the way through the season.

You've got Antonio and JJ beasting the wings and constantly swapping sides to keep the full backs guessing, Semedo being the destroyer and McCabe the deep lying playmaker, Barkley playing the Gerrard role, and Rodri being a nightmare for defenders and poaching his way to 30 goals. Exciting times.

Assuming we get Barkley, and the Barnett rumour is true, and the other striker we're after isn't better than Rodri, we should line up like this:

----------------Kirkland

Buxton - Barnett - Llera - R.Johnson

----------Semedo - McCabe

Antonio--------Barkley--------J.Johnson

-------------------Rodri

Bywater, Gardner, Lines, Mayor, Pecnik, Madine, *new striker*

then you've got the likes of O'Grady, Lee, Mattock, Beevers, Maguire, Amado etc. in reserve, we're gonna be f00kin stacked and everyone will be fighting for their place all the way through the season.

You've got Antonio and JJ beasting the wings and constantly swapping sides to keep the full backs guessing, Semedo being the destroyer and McCabe the deep lying playmaker, Barkley playing the Gerrard role, and Rodri being a nightmare for defenders and poaching his way to 30 goals. Exciting times.

As good as he looked last night I'm not sure Rodri is the sort of payer to thrive as a lone front man. Madine or O'Grady will be up top for the season with one of Peknic, Maguire o rRodri playing off them I'm sure.

I think it's safe to assume he's after - CB, CM (Barkley) & striker. Personally I'd like to see 2 CBs come in instead.

^^ THIS

Seems to be the likely outcome from the three. We need more Championship qulity at the back. I hope I am proved wrong but I fear that Gardner's season could be stop start with knocks.

whats this about a "right sided centre half" or a "right footed centre half"

a centre half in general would be good no matter which side he plays. If he's good enough, he should be able to play left or right side of the defence

i would look at personally another defender, another central midfielder and a winger - dont think we need another striker but he might have plans for the current players - possibly either sending them out on loan or rotation policy to keep people on their toes.

Can't believe some people don't think we 'need' another striker, CM, whatever

There's ALWAYS room for improvement. If we end up with players like Madine and even Semedo on the bench that has got to be a good thing.

Stop being soft! DJ will show no sentiment to our favourites and rightly so.

Hasnt it been stated on here that one of the signings will shock the Championship. . . . . . in a good way I hope. None of those mentioned above would shock me.

I would think it may be Barkley - he would be an impressive capture in the Championship, especially a team who has only just been promoted.