Semedo if we sign Barkley

Guest OwlertonG

Semedo if we sign Barkley.... It's called squad rotation ???

Squads going to play at times 6 times in 20 days rotation and options and injuries all play apart as does fatigue ... Nice that we can at last have a squad of 25 first team players

Guest OwlertonG

Main striker? Rodri

Or Madine

Or Maguire

Or if he keeps it up COG

Squad rotation

Same situation and I'm glad that someone worse said "squad rotation"

Different teams for different game plans and away or home games..

He was originally a CB thats all i am saying and people are saying McCabe is a ball winner with more technical ability than Semedo look at the derby defender that scored he is only 5ft10 semedo is 6ft

Jake Buxton?

He did score, mainly because Gardener and Llera went AWOL so fair play, but it's also worth pointing out though that he is a pretty awful defender.

Guest JonTheOwl66

I'd agree with a few people on here - 4-3-3 seems to be the answer if we do indeed sign Barkley. It could even work as more of a 4-5-1, with Semedo shielding the back four, McCabe and Barkley being the 'playmakers' and then Antonio and JJ running the wings.

In terms of whether Semedo is 'droppable', I'd say no. While you can't automatically give a player a starting place, the role that Semedo plays means he is pretty much irreplaceable. As he showed on a consistent basis last year, his destructive values make the team look 100% times better. His engine ie phenomenal, and his tackles are something I love to see when watching The Owls.

Personally, I think it'll be a very sad day when Semedo leaves Sheffield Wednesday. We've needed somebody in the Palmer role for god knows how long, and now we finally have him it's clear to see what we were missing under Turner/Laws/Irvine etc. The last central midfielder who had this much of an impact (in my opinion) is Glenn Whelan. We've been lacking that combative edge ever since.

Just out of interest, are you referring to Carlton Palmer or Graham Hyde?

In my opinion Graham Hyde is one of the most under rated players ever to play for Wednesday. That guy was like that wasp that you can never get rid of and is always buzzing round bothering you lol

Guest zico sterland

Rodri,Barkley whose next Wiltshire ,times ars a changing onwards and upwards,its getting better all the time !!!!!!!!!!!! As for Semedo he will be the ball winner and engine to let the stars do their thing,he should never be underestimated .

I think Semedo will still play the majority of games should we sign Barkley. McCabe and Barkley while a promising and talented pairing they would also be inexperienced and would not be the biggest leaders on the pitch. It's also a possibility that Jones would change the formation to one more similar that top division sides use across Europe. 4-4-2 may is not common in Champions League and International football so it's only a matter of time until formations such as 4-2-3-1 filter down, why shouldn't we be one of the first to try it. Up to DJ and dependent on whether Barkley signs of course.

I seriously think that if all the players are fit...and we do manage to sign Barkley and another CB then i think we have one hell of a decent squad for this league. Granted i've never seen Rodri play but i'd imagine he's quite good to have been contracted to Barcelona.

In my opinion Graham Hyde is one of the most under rated players ever to play for Wednesday. That guy was like that wasp that you can never get rid of and is always buzzing round bothering you lol

I started a "Undervalued players" thread myself a bit back, plumped for Guy Whittingham myself, but Hyde would be up there. Second name I ever got printed on a Wednesday shirt after Sheridan.