The Official Friday Sh*tstorm Thread

I predict:

0 signings

0 players sold

10 players incorrectly linked to us

25 false sightings or fake rumours

1 false claim from Neil to get more people to join Owlstalk.

2 new threads about line up v Derby

20 moans about our squad not being good enough

1 argument about lines being good enough for the championship

this 110%

Previously I've taken issue with posters only about their views on who we should or should not sign. Its all about opinion I suppose, but I was never gonna get enthusiastic about signing the likes of O'Dea or Roberts. Others thought different and accuse me of being negative about a couple of players that ironically, DJ had no interest in anyway. Norris was different, he was a decent player who may have done a job for us. However at a very early stage he declared in the press down here that he only wanted to sign for Leeds Utd. From that point on I was happy for him to do one. If that makes me negative, so be it. I got plenty of stick on here for my perceived anti Megson stance, something the Megson lovers obviously find difficult to forget. No matter, I can deal with that, and anything else that comes my way. Onwards and upwards

I'd be happy with Ranger, although maybe it would be him or COG don't you think? If Mayor comes in, we probably won't see Treacy. Batth, I doubt it but you never know. Central midfield is the one I wouldn't have a clue about. Norris was the only known target, I think we were always going to sign McCabe, but who else has been mentioned?

With regards to Batth, I'd imagine we'd have to wait and see what Wolves' business is in regards to a centre back and then how the first few games pan out. If he isn't on their bench then maybe a loan bid until January would be viable when the loan window opens in September. I'd be well chuffed with that! Always nice to dream.