NPOWER CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON PREVIEW- GIVE IT A READ

Guest foreverSWFC

Can`t see Leeds finishing that high, If you`ve got them at 8th then we should be higher given the 2 squads. Apart from Luke Varney they still have no wingers, Apart from a decent ish first choice back 4 they have nothing else as cover and if McCormack leaves then i`m not sure where the goals are coming from.

For some reason I dont think Bolton will win the league, should be up there with what is a very strong squad but dont know about champions as I just dont think they have the right manager in place or enough genuine goalscorers.

Think from Bristol City downwards though you've probably got the table almost spot on, although not sure about the order they'll all finish. No idea where we'll finish, neither 7th nor 17th would surprise me, but we'll be okay i'm sure,

Decent read all round though, good stuff.

Guest foreverSWFC

think forest will do better than 15th

I don't. Yes they have wealthy owners but if you look at their squad at the moment it's very thin and lacking in quality. Perhaps they'll bring some new players in before the end of the transfer window.

O'Driscoll takes time to mould his sides and i think next season will be a transitional one for Forest, the owners need to give O'Driscoll time.

I don't. Yes they have wealthy owners but if you look at their squad at the moment it's very thin and lacking in quality. Perhaps they'll bring some new players in before the end of the transfer window.

O'Driscoll takes time to mould his sides and i think next season will be a transitional one for Forest, the owners need to give O'Driscoll time.

Forest will definitely do better than 15th

I agree about Forest, very poor looking squad and although they have a decent manager now, the people in charge are clearly not football people, just like Leicester and Blackburn so will have to see what kind of investment they actually get and who actually gets to spend it, I can see them settling in to the lower-middle of the pack and nothing more this season.

Comprehensive overview. Good research. Think your key players, and some assessments, are more thought through and accurate than some of the nationals. Looks good too.

Well done for putting your neck on the line with the league table. It's that hard to call, I wouldn't want to call the top 6 and relegation places, let alone all 24.

I agree that Forest will finish higher. The players they've signed so far are a signal of intent and they'll carry on. I don't care too much for individuals at Leeds: Colin will always make the whole more than the sum of its parts. Think you raise an interesting point re: Blackpool and how much longer can it continue. But with Phillips and Ince, they've got two of the outstanding players in the division, and I think Holloway has the nous to stop them dropping below mid-table.

With how Millwall finished last season, I reckon they might avoid relegation. Hoping that Peterborough go down this time.

Edited by Juror8

Guedioura and Cox are two of the standout signings in the division for me.

O'Driscoll will get a lot more out of Cohen, McGugan and Majewski than Cotterill ever did.

They're behind most at the moment, and playing catch up is never easy, but think they'll get there.

I agree about Forest, very poor looking squad and although they have a decent manager now, the people in charge are clearly not football people, just like Leicester and Blackburn so will have to see what kind of investment they actually get and who actually gets to spend it, I can see them settling in to the lower-middle of the pack and nothing more this season.

Maybe not but they know how to go about the business in the right way and will be succesfull.

Guest foreverSWFC

Perhaps i've been a little harsh on Forest, forgot they had just signed Cox.

My fear is they get off to a slow start under O'Driscoll and the new owners get impatient and pull the trigger on him too early, which will have an adverse effect on their season.