NPOWER CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON PREVIEW- GIVE IT A READ

Guest foreverSWFC

Guest foreverSWFC

great job. i think we will finish a lot higher than 13th. jones is not aiming for consolidation. he's aiming to get out of this div asap. can see us being in the top 8 easily. Antonio is gonna destroy a lot of teams!! FACT

Whilst i was putting the blog together i really saw how strong some of the teams in the division are.

On the pitch and off the pitch we are quite far behind alot of the clubs in the division, there spending power is far superior than ours. This season will be tough, although perhaps the team spirit and momentum from last season will help us, i can't see how we are going to compete with the financial muscle of alot of the other teams in the league.

Didn't realise you were doing a team by team analysis, but I will have read through eventually.

Personally I think the Championship is probably the hardest league to call out of any.

I don't see one team who stands out from the pack in terms of promotion and I could perhaps name you seven or eight teams that could really struggle and get relegated.

I see Wednesday as a bit of an unknown quantity in the division this season. We've got a few well established pros - Kirkland, Gardner - but we also have a large percentage of younger players who are looking to establish themselves at Championship level.

It may all click right into gear straight away (see what they are up to tonight) and we may have a much better season than a lot of us are expecting. On the the other hand it may take a little while and the season could be a bit of a slog.

I think we will consolidate and finish around the mid-table spot, possibly, with a few more additions, challenging for a top ten finish.

Guest foreverSWFC

Didn't realise you were doing a team by team analysis, but I will have read through eventually.

Personally I think the Championship is probably the hardest league to call out of any.

I don't see one team who stands out from the pack in terms of promotion and I could perhaps name you seven or eight teams that could really struggle and get relegated.

I see Wednesday as a bit of an unknown quantity in the division this season. We've got a few well established pros - Kirkland, Gardner - but we also have a large percentage of younger players who are looking to establish themselves at Championship level.

It may all click right into gear straight away (see what they are up to tonight) and we may have a much better season than a lot of us are expecting. On the the other hand it may take a little while and the season could be a bit of a slog.

I think we will consolidate and finish around the mid-table spot, possibly, with a few more additions, challenging for a top ten finish.

I agree, there is alot of quality in this division and we are going to have to give it a really good go if we want to challenge in the top half. With a few more signings, hopefully of Championship quality, i reckon we could get a top half finish but with the squad as it stands consolidation is the most likely aim, which will be a good achievement.

We still need three to four more additions if we are being perfectly honest.

A new striker with Lowe's departure, a new CM with Lines out, another winger is a must and we are still looking for one more center back.

Important to remember that a lot of transfer business in football happens right at the very end of the transfer window, and there is also the loan window that goes on even longer.

I know that some people feel that we have left our business "late", but I don't think that is really true and we have more of a semblance of a squad this time around than we did at the same stage last season.

consolidation is more or less of what is expected from us this season,and as for Barnsley relegation awaits.

SWFC 10th Dingles 23rd.

that bit threw me where it said "barnsley fans see mido as a marquee signing"...

WHAT FANS???

IT'S JUST DESERTS FOR THE TINPOTS THIS TIME AROUND...

Edited by dnhc

Guest foreverSWFC

A few forest fans seem to agree with my evaluation of them.

A development season, they wouldn't be suprised if they finished in the bottom half.

O'Driscoll usually takes time to implement his ideas, footballing philosophy onto a group and this could be a season of consolidation for Forest.

Question is really whether the new owners will have the patience for that.

Guest foreverSWFC

Balance has changed most Forest fans do reckon they'll finish higher than 15th, and will finish higher than Derby. So perhaps i did judge that one wrong.

So far postive feedback from various sets of fans. Couldn't post on the Bolton forum without getting sucked into a gary megson debate. lol

I don't. Yes they have wealthy owners but if you look at their squad at the moment it's very thin and lacking in quality. Perhaps they'll bring some new players in before the end of the transfer window.

O'Driscoll takes time to mould his sides and i think next season will be a transitional one for Forest, the owners need to give O'Driscoll time.

There was a journo on the radio talking about the Forest take over. He was saying that wealthy owners doesn't always mean a lot of cash. He was suggesting that a lot of Far Eastern buyers are buying clubs because everybody else is buying one or some type of sporting club