6800 fans at Hillsborough today...

thanx but im none the wiser cos im a north stand tough guy, 3.20 for a 500ml carling last season, if anybody has had a sherbert on the north today please reveal all

I'm sure they were £3.30 last year and they've gone up to £3.40. Think you can get pints ont north this year though.

Positives - Saw a bloke int south stand wearing a "You think you've got prombles?" t-shirt. The duck hitting the Kop seat.

Negative - Ciders gone up AGAIN. �3.40 for a 500ml bottle of that crap, tasteless stuff what I've never heard of. Ridiculous.

glad you liked my t shirt, blue suits me dont you think

Maybe cos it was only a friendly they stopped counting at a certain number? Like on a proper matchday they are counting all the tickets with lots of helpers in a professional manner but when it is a friendly they don't have to count all the stubs? I once tried to count all the people in the stadium once by visual but everybody kept moving and I lost count so I think counting tickets is the best method but sometimes people lose count of the stubs like I did. I dunno.

I always look around the ground and guess the attendances. I'm normally very accurate. I'm usually within plus or minus 7,000 which is excellent in my opinion.

It was ok.. I'm a bit rusty having not done a home game for ages.. got kicked off the North Stand at one point, had a nice pie and chips, saw Antonio (smiled at the doubters on here as I said hello to him), and sat in the sunshine watching Hillsborough being alive again after a closed season

The stewards were on form, nice, friendly, smiley

The players seem up for the season don't they ?

The scoreboard had space invaders on it, horses, and other new stuff that we can look forward to

I saw the two new flags the Owlstalk lads had on the North Stand

I saw people who I'd not seen for a while and was good to see them again

I've a few personal things going off (mums not well) so things are poo poo for me - but today's sunshine and getting out the house definitely helped a little..

Hey Neil, sorry to hear your mums not well hope everything settles down soon. My mum has just come out of hospital following some major surgery (that was unexpected). Seems to be recovering well though. Wish the same for you.

Sorry to hear this chaps, in the same boat as my Mom was in hospital this week after more heart probs

Travelled up to see her and attend the game which brightened up the day a bit

Hope our respective

Hey Neil, sorry to hear your mums not well hope everything settles down soon. My mum has just come out of hospital following some major surgery (that was unexpected). Seems to be recovering well though. Wish the same for you.

Mom's recover soon and fully

did u see me? i was at the bottom of the north offering u all out ;-)

I can't say I know which stand the north was to be honest. I didn't have a clue where I was going until I was helped around by a Blade! :biggrin:

I'd love to know where all your singing was coming from. I looked across to the stand on my left, everybody was sitting down, looking bored and all of a sudden you could just hear chants appearing from nowhere!