Di canio or waddle

Waddle. Always an option, creative and rarely gave the ball away.

Really don't get the Di Canio love ins on here. Good player but screwed this club.

In my eyes the club screwed him . Should have been allowed to serve his ban and have done with but no that tail trying to make himself look good to the FA. Just look at joey barton he will serve a ban and get back in there

Di Canio was an international class footballer that would have racked up more caps has his temperament and attitude been better. I am sure that he could have at least been part of Italian squads that have won major trophies. A bit like Cantona really. The way that he was playing in the nineties, it was a travesty that he wasn't at least part of the French squad that won European and World Cups but the same thing applied with him. Nothing to do with ability. Everything to do with attitude, application and team discipline.

he didnt rack up ANY caps but like you say his temperament and attitude let him down and thats what stopped him from reaching the very top.great to watch but you could never be sure which di canio was going to turn up ...

can remember a cup game at cambridge where we were losing and waddle took the game by the scruff of the neck and turned it in our favour ,can also recall another there where we were losing and di canio did flip all except for a bit of posturing and waving his arms about.......and there lies the difference between the 2

Waddle. Always an option, creative and rarely gave the ball away.

Really don't get the Di Canio love ins on here. Good player but screwed this club.

So did Ron Atkinson but everybody loves him despite him getting probably the best team ever relegated from the top division.

In my eyes the club screwed him . Should have been allowed to serve his ban and have done with but no that tail trying to make himself look good to the FA. Just look at joey barton he will serve a ban and get back in there

How do you know QPR wont be shot of Barton as soon as he is allowed to play again.

At he moment they have to keep him as nobody with half a brain will touch him while serving his ban.

Di Canio would grab the game by the scruff when the rest of the team weren't performing.

Waddle still stood out in a team full of great players.

Throw in the temperament thing and Waddle wins for me.

Though I suspect if you watched compilations of the best moments in each player's career, there wouldn't be a lot in it.

Guest DronfieldOwl77

Tough one. Both were fantastic.

I'm gonna say Di Canio for the Alcock push.

Seriously though the club should have backed him like Fergie did with Cantona.