"Bog - off United?"

Guest Ebbiowl

My 8yr old goes to football every other week with his Dad(to the Lane, boooooo!)

He hears the swearing all the time, is surrounded by it but he knows it's not something he shouldn't do until he's older and so he doesn't, simple as.

I don't have an issue with people swearing at footy matches. Don't think it's necessary to use excessive swearing though like the C word.

Forget the swearing, its the bit in bold that concerns me ! :rolleyes:

There's always been swearing at Footbal matches. In the 50's, our old fella used to take his dates on the leppings lane terrace because the language on the Kop was not fit for a lady's ears.

I was always told as a kid that you should not swear. However, I used to be in awe of the chants coming off the Kop in the 70's.

Typically,

Your gunna get your fvckin head kicked in

or

The referee's a barsteward

or

He shot, he missed, he must be fvckin pissed.

or

Tony Currie walks on water, na nana na na, the barsteward sank.

etc.

Why are we still obsessed with giving United any credibility at all.

They have done as they were told and have gone.

We are The Wednesday - This City is Ours.

Agreed but "were Sheffied Wednesday, this city is ours".

As we are claiming city of Sheffield to be ours, think we should include the name Sheffield!

Guest Bournemouth Owl

Maybe he is obsessed with......

TJJvM.jpg

His team mate up front with him at Kaiserslautern believe it or not was called......... Fuchs

Edited by Bournemouth Owl

Don't try to inflict the usual politically correct crvp on us. 'This City is ours' represents a certain time in our recent progress, the relationship with our less illustrious neighbours and the new found level of support and fervour.

When we smacked one in at the kop end and the scoreboard went SHHHHH T 1-0. There was only one deafening song to sing.

**** OFF UNITED THIS CITY IS OURS.

Don't try and fix what aint broke.

I think ppl have got the wrong idea from the OP. I don't think he's suggesting we should all change the words. I think he's suggesting that ppl who are uncomfortable with singing the naughty bit could change it to "bog off" or maybe it's just me thats got it wrong lol

I think ppl have got the wrong idea from the OP. I don't think he's suggesting we should all change the words. I think he's suggesting that ppl who are uncomfortable with singing the naughty bit could change it to "bog off" or maybe it's just me thats got it wrong lol

That's how I read it too. Not an unreasonable suggestion I suppose from one delicate flower to another.

Guest Yorkshirecath

yorkshire cath, get rid of pig loving hubby and get your lad to hillsborough immediately!

I have took him but to be honest he's not really into football :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I have took him but to be honest he's not really into football :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Mmmm, keep yer eye on him cath, he might turn out to bat for the other side!

You're at the wrong sport if you don't want to hear swearing.

I'm not sure what you're trying to imply there, that you aren't allowed to enjoy watching football if you don't also enjoy listening to people swearing?

I don't see why the two are intrinsically linked, I'm sure it wasn't too many years ago you would have had people saying if you don't want to hear racism you're watching the wrong sport too... that doesn't excuse it.

They aren't at the wrong sport, they're just in the company of some people they don't associate with.