"Bog - off United?"

Guest Ebbiowl

I'm not sure what you're trying to imply there, that you aren't allowed to enjoy watching football if you don't also enjoy listening to people swearing?

I don't see why the two are intrinsically linked, I'm sure it wasn't too many years ago you would have had people saying if you don't want to hear racism you're watching the wrong sport too... that doesn't excuse it.

They aren't at the wrong sport, they're just in the company of some people they don't associate with.

Bit over the top that.

Why even mention and thus compare swearing with racism?

Edited by DamnedOwl

I'm not sure what you're trying to imply there, that you aren't allowed to enjoy watching football if you don't also enjoy listening to people swearing?

I don't see why the two are intrinsically linked, I'm sure it wasn't too many years ago you would have had people saying if you don't want to hear racism you're watching the wrong sport too... that doesn't excuse it.

They aren't at the wrong sport, they're just in the company of some people they don't associate with.

Players, managers and supporters swear at the football. Like it or not that is a fact.

Guest Big Guns

Players, managers and supporters swear at the football. Like it or not that is a fact.

Yep even at an early age playing footy in the park we all used to swear ,any one who says different is a lier ....

Bit over the top that.

Why even mention and thus compare swearing with racism?

Aye, sorry, it was just the first thing that popped into my head as an example!

I wasn't disputing it as a fact, but that doesn't mean someone is 'watching the wrong sport' if they don't like it. Well, unless there are people out there who judge the entertainment value of a sport by the frequency of how often it's fans swear during the games, in which case you would have a point ;-)

It just sounds a bit condescending, is all. "If you don't like it, go away because I don't care what you think" Maybe you didn't mean it that way, it's just the way it read to me.