"Bog - off United?"

Guest Ebbiowl

Guest Big Guns

I wouldn't have a problem with the bloke next to me singing bog off United. Ppl can sing what they want, as long as it's not racist or about me lol

flip of you blueblood bstrd the city is ours........

That's not too bad.

I have never heard my parents ever swear. Ever.

Even 'crap' or 'fart' wasn't allowed.

I think they were wrong, when used in context (in a football stadium).

It is just a word. The problems were/are theirs.

I thought this thread was about United season tickets.

Buy One - Get One Free.

lol

Guest Big Guns

If you take kids to football matches or the pub

You can't moan about swearing

It's acceptable in my eyes even for kids to swear at football matches

Perhaps he is thinking of you as he says it :st2:

Valid point, well made. But I think not. He's simply showing off in front of his mates. He goes in the South, on his own for games when only three sides of the ground are open, and we only get ten or eleven thousand, and he's as quiet as a mouse.

If you take kids to football matches or the pub

You can't moan about swearing

It's acceptable in my eyes even for kids to swear at football matches

You can expect it, you don't have to accept.

Not got much of a problem with swearing at all really, but I do wince a bit when women or children do it.

In either case, it just doesn't sound right somehow. I feel like telling them they're doing it wrong and are spoiling swearing for the rest of us.

With kids I suppose it's just inexperience and they've got to make mistakes along the way if they're ever to master it.

With women, I'm not sure I can really defend why I think it sounds bad, perhaps it's some residual sexism or old-fashioned outlook that I wasn't aware of. It does jar though.

Nevertheless I love it when foreigners (men or women) swear in English.

But why do it? If people are using it all the time, then surely it's impact is lost, so why swear?

I'd dispute that it's impact is lost.

It's impact will still be strong so long as doesn't enter into 'polite' or 'official' language.

The day the news headlines would typically go something like:

MASSIVE **** off blaze at factory. 10 poor b@stards dead. Police vow to arrest the c*nt responsible

is the day we'll have to find new swear words.

Edited by DamnedOwl

Not got much of a problem with swearing at all really, but I do wince a bit when women or children do it.

In either case, it just doesn't sound right somehow. I feel like telling them they're doing it wrong and are spoiling swearing for the rest of us.

With kids I suppose it's just inexperience and they've got to make mistakes along the way if they're ever to master it.

With women, I'm not sure I can really defend why I think it sounds bad, perhaps it's some residual sexism or old-fashioned outlook that I wasn't aware of. It does jar though.

Nevertheless I love it when foreigners (men or women) swear in English.

Hahah, made me laugh for some reason.

Its just a word, I think people should calm down. Its like sticking the middle finger up, when you think about it, it really doesnt mean anything. We could invent something new today, lets say if you tug your ear at someone (thats not a euphemism) then thats PWOPA NAWTY. See if it catches on.

People need to relax a bit, and don't join in if it offends you.