Owls Talk - Is this a forum for people who don't quite get it!

Guest Thorpe Blue

right thorpe blue after the traditional new poster p*ss take you deserve an answer but not from me I've pledged to try and move on after kick off today

although after reading the greenun tonight it just reminds me how many other people are disappointed too

Guest Thorpe Blue

steelowl, I think frustration is the word! Having arrived back from Rochdale and seeing the Sheff Utd result, if we had any chance of auto promotion this is a game we had to win. If we can't beat teams like Rochdale and get a level of consistency, do we deserve auto promotion?

steelowl, I think frustration is the word! Having arrived back from Rochdale and seeing the Sheff Utd result, if we had any chance of auto promotion this is a game we had to win. If we can't beat teams like Rochdale and get a level of consistency, do we deserve auto promotion?

Thats how i felt. So what the pigs lost. We didnt win!. Means nowt

I was a bit amazed at the people that had a pop at Milan over Megson. If it wasn't for the derby victory everyone would have been calling for Megson's head. Milan has written off the clubs debt and saved it? I think wednesday are a little guilty like all football fans of having short meomorys and being a bit thickle. Despite beating the blades, would owls fans settle for third in the table and a struggle / lottery in the play-offs? I think not. Overall Wednesday have under performed in this league and no one can argue anything else. We should back the man who saved the club and hope Jones can work his magic in time for play off's, becaue on Megson form we would get beat by Huddersfield, Stevenege and maybe MK Dons! - in Milan we should trust!

We were losing to the likes of Exeter and Chesterfield. Let alone the top teams in the table.

I dont think we were underperforming when we had the likes of Tavernier, Marshall and co in the side. For whatever reason, they have gone and we have never replaced them, I dont know who's fault that was, Megson's or Milan's? Its never black and white.

I think Megson could argue that he couldve been given a better shot in the transfer market at times, why have we had to play a central midfielder on the wing all season? Why sign Jones if he's not going to play etc. But regardless of that, you would expect a team on this budget to be getting a greater haul against Chezzie, Rochdale, Exeter etc.

I think both parties are probably to blame to an extent. Yes, Milan saved the club, he has been brilliant at supporting his manager in the loan market, but the squad has suffered from a lack of continuity this season. I hope Jones is given the backing of managers such as Pearson who was allowed to spend money on quality like Fryatt, Howard and Hobbs at Leicester.

Guest Thorpe Blue

The above is my point. We have not been consistant this season, we have rarely been good but some how managed to get some results at the start of the season! Megson was not the right man, whether Dave Jones is remains to be seen.

Guest GodsanOwl

I didn't agree with the sacking.

I also don't agree with anyone who thinks the word 'fickle' begins with 'th'!!

Why are so many posters on here illiterate?

Some right fickos on here.

It's not the fact that Megson has gone that bugs me (although I didn't want him sacked) managers come and go after all and let's face it we have been on a pretty poor run since Christmas. It was the manner in which it was done and the fact that I don't think Gary had proper backing.

Still ruthless people tend to get what they want and no one can deny that Milan was ruthless here. Whether or not it was the right decision time will tell. Sadly what it has done (temporarily at least) is split the fan base which is not good.

I was a bit amazed at the people that had a pop at Milan over Megson. If it wasn't for the derby victory everyone would have been calling for Megson's head. Milan has written off the clubs debt and saved it? I think wednesday are a little guilty like all football fans of having short meomorys and being a bit thickle. Despite beating the blades, would owls fans settle for third in the table and a struggle / lottery in the play-offs? I think not. Overall Wednesday have under performed in this league and no one can argue anything else. We should back the man who saved the club and hope Jones can work his magic in time for play off's, becaue on Megson form we would get beat by Huddersfield, Stevenege and maybe MK Dons! - in Milan we should trust!

You've spelt the title wrong mate; it's 'Thorum', not 'Forum'.

Ficko

Edited by evaD

Guest Triplej2

I so wanted to spot a spelling mistake but you haven't made one have you Peter bleedin' perfect :Hirsty:

The above is my point. We have not been consistant this season, we have rarely been good but some how managed to get some results at the start of the season! Megson was not the right man, whether Dave Jones is remains to be seen.

The games have usually been really tight and I often felt that we were doing just enough to get the points and that we may struggle at some point if things went against us.

Obviously, a big factor is Ben Marshall, particularly away from home and Madine's drop in form which has also co-incided not only with injury but the loss of a more creative midfield. We are only just getting back to seeing the best of Buxton's overlapping runs because of Antonio. I felt in the summer that quibbling over £100k for Le Fondre seemed really odd and perhaps that is costing us now as many of us said at the time. The right balance between sensible spending and not wanting to be unsustainable hasnt been found this season.

Its not all about budgets, but I do think Megson had a point when we are third within a group of 5 who are really spending either now or over a number of years. It depends whether its reasonable to expect a manager to get us up right now under these circumstances (which are unusual for this league) or whether he should be allowed to build like Charlton/Huddersfield have. I was happy for us to build a side, even if it took us another year, as I think if you get it right in this league, one promotion can quickly become two or thereabouts.

Its clearly all to do with Milan and Megson not getting on, he is prepared to go again with Jones next season if we dont go up and has described DJ as a "builder".

Guest Bald Owl

Agree, ish. I personaly wouldnt have been calling for Megson's head as I think we've took a backwards step with Jones. Nobody will alter things in13 games so not up setting the set up so late would have been the best option. Megson has brought us a million miles since Irvine, and in a relatively short space of time. Jones has no intetest in us other than its a job. If we were to go up it will still be Megson's team that got us up!