Strike Force Tomorrow

Going into tomorrow's game, I was just wondering what pairing owls fans would like to see start at Rochdale tomorrow.

I'm sure O'Grady will be on most people's lists given his performance on Sunday and the fact that it's his first visit back to his former club amd such returns often yield goals, but I have to admit I'd like to see Madine recalled along side him.

I just think that as often happens in these situations, when a new manager is watching his new team for the first time, you often see players upping their game by around 10% as they know everyone starts on a level playing field and they need to impress. Given that fact, I still believe he's the best striker at the club and have only ever questioned his attitude and work rate, so if he were to up his game and work rate slightly, then we may see a return of the striker who earlier this season earned the nickname of the "Goal Machine".

I also think that with a player of Antonio's ability out wide we'll see a better delivery into the box not only from open play but from his long throws that have been a miss since Marshall left and again given Madine's ariel ability he could benefit from this.

I'm actually feeling quite positive about tomorrow and think he could bag a couple if he starts. What do you guys think?

Cog and Lowe. Tomorrow will be the first time we put a team to the sword. New manager watching from the stands. Confidence from the Blunts result. New signing Antonio tearing them apart. Yes get your money on "THE MADOWL" bet. 0-4 0-5 0-6. It's got to come in sooner or later. We're on the march. Come on Wednesday.

Madine is our best striker when his head is in the right place.

COG is a beast and is our form striker.

They don't complement each other very well (on paper you put Lowe with either one) but are a handful so would start with them.

Edited by SuperKevin

Guest Owlamspartacus

Got to go with COG & Madine., don't think COG will score though ? (hope he does )But we do have the supply route back with Antonio. Let's just rip em a new one..!!!!

Guest aj_owl

Madine and COG hasnt worked very well since Madines return. Everyone plays hoof ball to them. Give Clint his chance

I do like Madine but one thing sides do well at this level is compete in the air defendively and has been part of our problem this season scoring goals recently.

They don't cope we'll with movement and I think Lowe is the type of intelligent player who creates chances.

For me it's either cog or Madine and at the moment cog is in better form

Guest Arnie

O'Grady will start after scoring Sunday, so O'Grady + Madine for me. Long term though Madine + Lowe.

Madine changed the game Sunday, 1st half nothing stuck up front, can't remember O'Grady winning a header til he scored. Madine won almost everything in the air, kept possession and allowed us to push up, and take control.

Madine has to start he's a class above the other 2, remember hes only young so we should forgive him the odd moody performance.