YOUR MESSAGES TO GARY MEGSON

Guest BSanderson

Dear gary megson

I'd like to thank you for the work you've done at Sheffield Wednesday in the past year, you took over a team lacking in ability, passion, and tactical nous, and in the space of a year turned us into promotion contenders, on what seems like a limited budget. I'd like to thank you for signing Jose Semedo, who is probably the best player we've had in the past 10 years. I'd like to thank you for bringing in Danny Batth, who has probably been the best centre back in the league this season. I'd like to thank you for bringing in Ben10, who helped get us to where we are in the league this season.I'd like to thank you for signing Chris O'Grady, who has battered opposition defences this season, and it's no fault of your own he's not scored the goals he could/should have. I'd like to thank you for bringing in Chris Lines, who has a touch of class in the middle, and trying to drill some south yorkshire in to him. I'd like to thank you for restoring some pride in the team, and I'd like to thank you for taking those players up the Kop when they sign, to let them know what it's like for us. I'd really like to thank you for taking 4 points off the pigs, who had a wage budget twice that of ours.

I'd love to thank you for Sunday, which was one of the highlights of me supporting Wednesday. Sunday on the Kop was one of the best days of my life, and that was down to the industry, honesty and desire you instilled into those players, and for you to lose your job on the back of that is disgraceful.

I'm deeply disappointed that you've not been able to finish the job you started, the job it seemed to me you were destined for.

You join a very short list of ex-managers who will be welcomed back with open arms.

Hope to see you on the Kop soon

regards

Mark

Brought a tear to my eye

Thanks for the memories Gary.

Of course there were disappointments along the way, its never so simple with Wednesday.

We didn't have the best team but you made it clear to them they knew what it meant to us - and to you. Sunday would not have happened the way it did without you in charge and I was bursting with pride when we came back at the lane. The club was drifting when you took charge last year, we needed your passion and you gave us back our pride.

Been through so much utter throw and disappointment for nearly 25 years now. There have been some very low times of sadness and anger but this feels different, I actually feel like we've let the poor guy down. He gave everything to this club, feels like I've just cheated on my girlfriend.

Anyway, good luck Gary. You'll make it with us again at some point in the future I'm sure, this just wasn't the right time.

Guest TonyOwl88

Thankyou for everything you have done for us over the past 12 months! Turned a plummeting team into one back on track to where we belong! Gutted

I agree 100%

What has happened is a disgrace to our club, and a huge injustice.

Good luck in whatever course you take next.

I couldn't be less impressed.

the timing and the reasons for getting rid seem very poor for me. The only plus points I can take right now is 1.) Megson went out at one of the highest highs you can have as a Wednesday fan managing the club. 2.) Maybe him and Chris Evans will be bringing that passion to the away end sooner rather than later

Thanks for everything Gary, You completely turned us around and made us a force to be reckoned with and difficult to play against again and you have the greatest win ration record at our club in last 50 years.

So I hope you get another Job soon and turn them round.

Good luck and best wishes.

Edited by aeroswfc

Gutted tonight. Totally gutted.

Shocked. Angry. Disappointed all come into it, but "Gutted" is the most hurtful one.

Gutted for gary megson. The man who has changed the whole feeling around Hillsborough, installing the pride and passion back into going to watch The Wednesday. The man who shipped out all the no mark wasters, who just didn't "get it" and what it meant to be playing for Sheffield Wednesday. He replaced them with a bunch of players that i can honestly say are the most hard working, most passionate set of players i've seen respresent my football club.

In my opinion, even in Gary's short spell as manager and for what he's installed back into our football club, the man thoroughly deserves to be up with his old man as a true Wednesday legend.

Totally gutted.

Edited by BRADDAZ

Guest Sheff Owl

Gary,

Thank you very much for everything.

You won't be out of work for long, while you are out of work get yourself in with the Wednesday fans bouncing around, cheering us on.

Good luck in the future.