YOUR MESSAGES TO GARY MEGSON

Guest BSanderson

Gary you were and still are one of us. A true Blue blooded Wednesdayite. You took a drifting ship and turned it around. Thank you for putting the passion and spirit back in my club.

You didn't deserve this. You are and always be a legend to me. Just don't ever say never again. Maybe one day you will come back and be allowed to finish what you set out to achieve. I hope so. All the best mate and a MASSIVE thank you.

Guest Billy Casper

All the best Gary!

It's a crazy decision and one that 99% of Wednesdayites don't agree with.

Wednesday legend, as a player and a manager!

gary megson, enough said. Wednesday through and through. Shame about the circumstance.

I know Gary Madine is very happy about this news, after bumping into him at the weekend

The conversation went

"Looks like Megson is facing sack"

Him "I f##king hope sooo"

Thank you Gary,

At this moment I am feeling totally let down,upset and frustrated with our saviour Mr Manderic,,,It feels like he has ripped the heart out of OUR team,,,there is NO chance of getting a manager that can instill HIS pride and passion into OUR team like GM has done,,,I'm finding it hard to put into words my Diss-appointment at this ridiculous decision,,for me,,the 3 losses (prior to the Derby) were wiped out, by out smarting and beating our bitterest rivals,,3rd in the league,with still an outside chance of 2nd,this is the wrong time to be dissrupting the team spirit,Why,,why,,why,,, ????

Gary,,,you have been stabbed in the back by someone that has NO Passion for Your and OUR team,and you have my sympathy,I wish you had been given the time to finish the job that you were succesfully doing (on shall we say,a very limited budget),,,I don't know if you will ever read these comments,,but I hope you do,so you realise WE the paying fans appreciate every effort you have made,YOU will be missed dearly,,I wish you all the good fortune in your next position,

Please come bounce on the KOP with us,,, lol <<<<<< Top Banana,

Did anyone else notice on Sunday that Megson waved to all 3 home sides of the ground and was almost the last man off the pitch, I think he already knew then that his days were numbered, add to the fact that there's been no statement of support from Mandy this week.

I would have at least given him till the end of the season.

Anyway all the best Gary, thanks for all you've done for the club and hopefully if you come back to Hillsborough with another club I'm sure you'll get a great reception.

Up the Owls FTB

Edited by gableratchet

Had a season ticket every year since 1999/2000 and despite the countless lows that I have experienced as an Owl, I think this is about as angry as I have ever been. In gary megson, we finally had a man who understood us and he instilled that into the team. He inherited possibly the worst Wednesday side ever, devoid of confidence, passion and totally divided. Just think, it is less than one year since the night when we lost 3-1 at home to Brentford and looked certain to be heading to Division 4. He has ridded the team of the wasters and replaced them with ones who actually care. This may not be the most gifted SWFC side of all time, but you will not find one that worked harder or cared nearly as much. He united the fanbase and I think it will be a long time before we see atmospheres like Sunday's again, or indeed those earlier in the season, like Tranmere and Oldham away.

This promotion campaign was running predominantly on the team spirit instilled by Megson, Evans & co.

I just cannot see where we go from here, I really thought Gary was gonna be the one to lead us back to the Premiership. Now, I am starting to doubt whether I will ever see us there again.

I think Mandaric has really underestimated the connection that Megson has made with the fans. If he really thinks that it will continue with just anyone, then it shows how truly clueless he is about football and more importantly, Sheffield Wednesday.

Thanks for everything Gary, you will always be a Wednesday legend and I hope that one day you can return to finish the job.

Thanks for making us owls happy again on matchdays. I wont forget that great run of undefeated games at hillsborough.

Not many seasons have i gone to a match knowing i would see a hard working team fight for the shirt until your arrival.

Wednesday legend and im sure your next club will feel lucky to have you.

Thanks Gary. You were excellent. I hope that you can return one day and lead us to the greatest glory.

You have been royally fvcked over IMO.

In a unique way, you leave the club as an incredibly popular manager but also with your integrity intact.

Up the Owls.

Guest meghinio

Gutted Gary, so sorry this has happened to you, thank you very much for everything and best of luck with what comesnext

For the 1st time In years you made me remember why I was a Wednesdayite, I had lost some of that love in the last 12 years or so despite a few highs reminding me of my love for the owls such as the play offs and a handful of victories, these were only fleeting, and I became a part timer, it wasn't just us being crap,inept and spineless for the most part, it was a general sense that what was had faded and supporting SWFC was not the honor, the pleasure and the buzz it once was, It felt like just we the fans were the last ones remaining who cared and we were as a team/club just their to add to the numbers of the league ..Insignificant if you like.

Then this season, ok its not always been great football, some shocking results but and its a MASSIVE but, for the first time in a long long time we had passion, belief, and pride, we had someone at the helm who cared as much as we do, who bled blue and white like we do, going back to Hillsborough once again started to feel like it used to, their was a bit of a buzz about the place, culminating in sunday and one of the best days at Hillsborough I can remember in my lifetime.

Its nothing to do with your managerial skills, man management or whatever footy talk, its simply because you are a Wednesdayite that you did what you did, Its also because of this I think so many people are disgusted at your treatment and feel you have been stabbed in the back, if you were not a 100% owl I doubt there would be half the sh1tstorm created and I think Millan has made a big mistake underestimating our brotherhood and loyality, Look back at sunday, Megson created that buzz not you millan, whatever happen from here on in (and believe me it best be good MM) Megson will have either started the revolution or been denied that chance.

Thanks Gary, be proud my fellow owl be very proud

WTWD

GINGER MOURINHO, GINGER MOURINHO!

God I'm going to miss those chants! All the best Megson, Cheers!

This chant the next time he comes back to s6

You restored our pride in our club, Gary.

You will always be Wednesday legend, just like your Dad.

Thank you an good luck in finding a club that deserves to have you.

Top post