Rivalry quite friendly - whats happened ?

Hardly any arrests ....... genuine banter between fans, players and managers.

Is Sheffield going soft !!

Although the atmosphere was buzzin yesterday ...... I just dont feel the hatred from either sets of fans. I felt the same at the away game.

Is it down to the fact we are pretty evenly matched and no team feels particularly "in their shadow" at the moment.

Yes ......... youre gona say you really really detest the b@stds Im sure many do.

However after witnessing the outpouring of emotion over the sad news Billy Sharp had last year is it all just show !!

Its a genuine question ... no fishing trip. Interested if anyone else agrees.

Guest Leicesterowls

I was sitting 3/4s of the way up in the north stand next to the away fans. Hmmm...maybe if you sat there you wouldve felt the hatred. Atmosphere like I've never witnessed before in my life.

However, I'm sure I'm not the only one, who else thought the United fans were absolute poo ? They sung for like 5-10 minutes at the start then other than the odd hoooooof- until they started long ball themselves- they were totally silent. Poor performance from them

Ya could sense it on the north, I wa showing my hatred to them along wi many many others, cannot flippingstand em.

wouldve been a lot different goin out the ground after had we lost

Is it down to the fact we are pretty evenly matched and no team feels particularly "in their shadow" at the moment.

This I think. There have been some events that have put it all into perspective recently too. Sid, Billy Sharpe, Gary Speed and the deaths in Egypt at that match. We both love our teams, but it is just a game when all is said and done. I want to beat you, but i wouldn't throw a brick or anything like that.

Just remember what a good loser I was when (if) revenge is ours one day.

On the way back up Herries Road after the game there was a man in a pig shirt on one side of the road walking amongst the Wednesday fans and a bit further up a pig fan and his son crossing the road amidst a sea of blue and white.

No one hurled abuse at them, not one tried to attack them and no one was swearing at them and no one was chucking wee wee. There wasnt a single knuckle dragger threatening to glass them.

All the Owls fans were jovial and singing and it didnt matter one single bit that there were a few red and white shirts knocking about,

Now ask yourself if the boot was on the other foot.... would they get the same treatment at the Lane?

Im proud to be an Owl and have fans like ours.

This I think. There have been some events that have put it all into perspective recently too. Sid, Billy Sharpe, Gary Speed and the deaths in Egypt at that match. We both love our teams, but it is just a game when all is said and done. I want to beat you, but i wouldn't throw a brick or anything like that.

Just remember what a good loser I was when (if) revenge is ours one day.

Dare i say it

As much as i hate your club and some of your fans we all have blunt mates at the end of the day and in some cases family

dirty tramps lol

There is certainly a bit of hatred in there.

For the 90 mins of a derby game I hate the fookers. . .but afterwards it was about celebrating the victory and a bit of post-match banter.

I have mates who are United fans and I enjoy having a bit of banter/discussion with them.

On the way back up Herries Road after the game there was a man in a pig shirt on one side of the road walking amongst the Wednesday fans and a bit further up a pig fan and his son crossing the road amidst a sea of blue and white.

No one hurled abuse at them, not one tried to attack them and no one was swearing at them and no one was chucking wee wee. There wasnt a single knuckle dragger threatening to glass them.

All the Owls fans were jovial and singing and it didnt matter one single bit that there were a few red and white shirts knocking about,

Now ask yourself if the boot was on the other foot.... would they get the same treatment at the Lane?

Im proud to be an Owl and have fans like ours.

I saw a family in Hillsborough park dad was a blade and mom was an owl and the two kids supported one of each

puts it into perspective really

in hindsight i probably shouldnt have pushed them in the pond

I must have seen the only bit of handbags then, walking up past Burger King / Claywheels Lane

A Blade got a bit gobby and started grappling with someone, it broke up then the Owl fans daughter had a pop back and clunked him with her bag

Storm in a teacup really