Rivalry quite friendly - whats happened ?

I had the misfortune to be on a tram mainly full of United fans on the way to the ground yesterday.

The "welcome" we got at Hillsborough corner wasn't exactly what I would call friendly...

Plenty of Wednesdayites looking for trouble after the match aswell, taunting Blades at tram stop/on trams etc.

I personally have never seen so many people out for a scrap at Hillsborough, maybe I was just in the wrong places at the wrong times.

Plenty of Wednesdayites looking for trouble after the match aswell, taunting Blades at tram stop/on trams etc.

I personally have never seen so many people out for a scrap at Hillsborough, maybe I was just in the wrong places at the wrong times.

Must admit I didn't see owt, but was was going up Herries

Very nasty up there, and usually is. That tram stop is a bottleneck. Wednesday had lots of old school lads out yesterday, and it was bound to go off. As for the rivarlt escalating, it's no worse than the days of the Limit, or when we got relegated the day United went up at Leicester. What has changed is the numbers, and in recent years Wednesday fans have started to stand upto the bullying at the Lane, which probably started with the flare incident.

Very nasty up there, and usually is. That tram stop is a bottleneck. Wednesday had lots of old school lads out yesterday, and it was bound to go off. As for the rivarlt escalating, it's no worse than the days of the Limit, or when we got relegated the day United went up at Leicester. What has changed is the numbers, and in recent years Wednesday fans have started to stand upto the bullying at the Lane, which probably started with the flare incident.

I must admit that a part of me thought that the Pigs got a taste of their own medicine yesterday, never seen them that quiet and subdued before.

You could argue that 2 wrongs don't make a right, but after some of the welcomes we've had at the Sty in the last couple of decades, them feeling a bit of intimidation is probably a bit of karma.

Guest Triplej2

Is it just me or when you look at that section of United fans Clinton's talking to it looks like the kind of crowd who would gather round listening to carols on fargate. They certainly didn't look like the viscious head-the-balls you usually get with that lot.

Guest JoeTheOwl

I dunno, the multiple renditions of "die die piggy piggy die" weren't exactly lovey dovey. Saying that, the few blunts walking past the crown only got the obligatory boos really.

Don't get me wrong, for 90 minutes i had nothing but pure hatred for the or more people born out of wedlock. But i wouldn't have stole their wingmirrors.

The blunts had a decent firm in the Limit days tho and Wednesday were in a transitional phase with EBRA being replaced by the OCS. Then Ecstacy came along and diminished Wednesday even further. Sorry a bit off topic lol I don't hate the blunts but I live by the phrase ' SHEFFIELD BY BIRTH, WEDNESDAY BY THE GRACE OF GOD'

I had the misfortune to be on a tram mainly full of United fans on the way to the ground yesterday.

The "welcome" we got at Hillsborough corner wasn't exactly what I would call friendly...

i was on the street outside the pubs at hillsborough corner and the atmosphere was pure hatred ! the trams were like the old cowboy wagons being ambushed by the apaches as they passed through the canyon!

Guest York-owl-chris

I got abused walking through town to get back home.

"Looking smug arent you, f***ing c**nt!" that was a personal fave of mine

same in the same place!

'take them shirts of you c**ts', bearing in mind i was with a mate and two girls, all 18 and one 16 year old. This man was about 40. Hate united fans. Proud to be an owl