Sad But True

Was having the conversation on our way out of exeter and this morning in the office with the only other owl.

Being born in 1992, i was around for the 93' cup run, missed out on 91 obviously, but as i dont really remember the likes of Hirst, Waddle, Sheridan. My point was as a teenager watching wednesday now, we've not had in the 15 years ive been going, anyone to call a legend of our own, like the waddle's sheridans that my dad, uncle all worshipped.

Weve had Whelan, Brunt who were on there day excellent for us, and obviously Bullen and mclean stick out in the only success ive been old enough to remember at cardiff in 05'

Thought i would just share the thought...

discuss...

I was born in 69 so when I first started supporting Wednesday we were worse than we are now . We have always gone in 10 year cycles . 10 of rubbish 10 rebuilding and 10 of being the dogs . We are on our rebuilding again so you may have missed the 90's but you will see us back on top :-)

I'm a little bit older (8 years to be exact) so can remember the very good times (just) and the following years as Premiership regulars very well.

I sometimes wish I'd always known Wednesday to be sh!t then wouldn't be as disappointed when we lose to the likes of Exeter. But it looks like the younger fans still feel the same pain, probably because of everybody else banging on about the likes of Hirsty, Waddle, Shez etc.

I was born in 69 so when I first started supporting Wednesday we were worse than we are now . We have always gone in 10 year cycles . 10 of rubbish 10 rebuilding and 10 of being the dogs . We are on our rebuilding again so you may have missed the 90's but you will see us back on top :-)

Lets hope the good cycle is starting again soon!

I understand the Ian Mellor logic but therefore you'd have to include Jack Whitham.... pivotal in simply the greatest game of football I ever saw in the flesh. I mean ManU were European champions and Best, Law, Charlton etc were still at their peak.

The word legend is way overused. Waddle, Hirst, Sheridan, Nilsson, Ian Mellor, Terry Curran, Jack Charlton, Springett, Fantham, Dooley. Legends in my eyes for different reasons. None since but Paul Sturrock could stake a claim.

I understand the Ian Mellor logic but therefore you'd have to include Jack Whitham.... pivotal in simply the greatest game of football I ever saw in the flesh. I mean ManU were European champions and Best, Law, Charlton etc were still at their peak.

Oops.. apologies for the overkill.

Edited by sal1

Born in 97? Crikey, I feel old... I was born in 75 so I started paying attention to football in the mid 80s - just the right time to see a couple of near-legends (Chapman, Sterland) go and a whole stack of them (Hirsty, Sheridan, Palmer, Nilsson then Waddle) arrive...

I'm still not sure that anyone since Waddle would count as an all-time legend (much as I love the likes of Bullen and Pressman, I don't think Owls will be talking about them in 50 years time)...