FA Cup 5th round draw

I like it. A tie with lots of history. Love Goodison, we had some great battles with them in the 80s.

But we have to get past Blackpool

Standing on their old away end, you were lucky if your eyeline was above pitch level!

Great days though.

Standing on their old away end, you were lucky if your eyeline was above pitch level!

Great days though.

That is my experience of Goodison park on the lower tier the pitch seems to be above you :).

Great days though.

I'll never forget the mammoth cup tie we had with them.

Brilliant. Singing throughout the whole game, and even singing how long was left in the game for about the final half an hour one night. '30 minutes to go, 30 minutes to go, there are only 30 minutes to gooooooo' etc

Brilliant. Singing throughout the whole game, and even singing how long was left in the game for about the final half an hour one night. '30 minutes to go, 30 minutes to go, there are only 30 minutes to gooooooo' etc

everton are a proper club with fans who have remained loyal.

They were a hard side to break down in the 80s but we almost always nearly matched them - having said that if people think we play long ball now they should have been around then.

With so many little teams left in this was a great opportunity to get to Wembley without playing anyone good, then anything can happen. This is a bad draw for me because I think Evertons premiership class will tell and we will be dumped out (assuming we beat Blackpool that is).

Great days - I went to every one of those games if my memory serves me.

My first taste of the FA cup was against Everton - losing the semi-final 2-1 at Villa park.

They always seemed our bogey side in the 80's.

Never been to Goodison Park though so might consider it when we beat Blackpool

My first taste of the FA cup was against Everton - losing the semi-final 2-1 at Villa park.

They always seemed our bogey side in the 80's.

Never been to Goodison Park though so might consider it when we beat Blackpool

Goodison is a proper ground - it even has its own church in one corner. Evertonians are proper fans also - the majority are Scousers and Merseysiders not Irishmen or Scandinavians like they get at the other big Northwest clubs.

I still remember 1966.

Strangely enough it did not leave me bitter against Everton as did Arsenal some years later.

Got my lad into wembley by bribing the gate man with £10 quid.

as scousers go I'd rather have Everton than Liverpool.