chesterfield

Guest Lawsy

I've no doubt if results don't change soon for Chessy, Sheridan will get the boot. Then they can hire another manager who'll have no money to work with, working with the same rubbish players for a club that cannot attract anybody decent.

Have to admit though, inspight of the obvious delight their fans took this time last year when we were going through our lowest point and the rather pathetic comments by Sheridan and Crossley after we turned them over at Hillsborough this season, I'd still like to see them get out of this and I hope Sheridan's the man who does it.

Chambta loan players are only signed by clubs a)due to the fact the players would never go there full time or b) because the club has insufficient funds for the full package to bring them to the club. Now your ground holds less than the amount we got for a beamback against the Pigs. When you have players like Leon Clarke on loan just remember when he left Hillsborough no club would touch him just to the money he had been on At our place.

If we couldn't afford him I can bet a few quid you can't.

Can't stand people who jump on managers backs who are tasked with rebuilding a squad - we made that mistake with Francis 15 years ago because we finished 13th in the Premier League. Oh for such a poo position nowadays!

Sheridan's choice. What's so hard to understand about that?

Cam I ask how you know this. From our experience what some people say and what they actually do are two different things. I remember the season we were "going to have a right good go at i.t" Hints of a play off budget etc. came out later we had one of the three worst budgets in the league. We were linked with top class players we couldn't afford eg. Klivert.

Managers got sacked, honey moon period started and then results return to normal. You lost some of your better players and have been unable to replace them. I and you both know any manager will sign the best players they can afford and want to come. So I have some questions for you

Do you still have a scouting network?

Which quality players has Sheridan said no to?

How many have turned you down due to money or club?

Why has Sheridan been stuck with signing loans?

Cam I ask how you know this. From our experience what some people say and what they actually do are two different things. I remember the season we were "going to have a right good go at i.t" Hints of a play off budget etc. came out later we had one of the three worst budgets in the league. We were linked with top class players we couldn't afford eg. Klivert.

Managers got sacked, honey moon period started and then results return to normal. You lost some of your better players and have been unable to replace them. I and you both know any manager will sign the best players they can afford and want to come. So I have some questions for you

All good questions.

1. Sheridan's 'scouting' tends to extend as far as signing players he's had before or getting the nod from a mate, ie Mendy who Grayson had on trial at Leeds. I think the chief scout recently left the club.

2. Donaldson from Crewe and the lad who went to Millwall on loan from Leicester (Dany N'Guessan) were both in talks and were due to sign but Sheridan himself vetoed their wage demands/agents even though the club would have paid it. Others rumoured too.

3. Who knows?

4. Because of the position he's place himself in. Lack of summer activity, faith in favourites backfiring, injuries etc etc.

Edited by chambta

I can't see there being any truth in it. The only way he'll make a return is over 3-5yrs+. Nil point in bailing now.

He always covers his back! Any money he's provided to the club you will have to repay every penny. If he quits now (because he's realised that it's going to take a lot more money than expected to get to the big bucks) you can be sure he will either demand his money straight away, or he'll just sit on it as a loan to you with a nice bit of interest earning on it - he did the same to us.

He's in a win-win situation. He's no football fan and his only interest is in the money side, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, however, he does NOT have your best interests at heart. The sooner your fans realise it the sooner you can get him out.

Words cannot describe what I feel for the man :mad:

He will be getting some wedge i would imagine when Saltergate is sold to developers now planning has been passed .

WTF was the goalkeeper doing yesterday when he jumped over that attacker ??

Hopefully being sent back to Newcastle ASAP.

Shameful, disgraceful & embarrassing.

Being poo I can accept, being a coward I can't.

All good questions.

1. Sheridan's 'scouting' tends to extend as far as signing players he's had before or getting the nod from a mate, ie Mendy who Grayson had on trial at Leeds. I think the chief scout recently left the club.

2. Donaldson from Crewe and the lad who went to Millwall on loan from Leicester (Dany N'Guessan) were both in talks and were due to sign but Sheridan himself vetoed their wage demands/agents even though the club would have paid it. Others rumoured too.

3. Who knows?

4. Because of the position he's place himself in. Lack of summer activity, faith in favourites backfiring, injuries etc etc.

So you have lost your chief scout (see what happened at s6 when DA was here). GM has basically said no scouting network means finding good players is nearly impossible. Funny that managers sign players they already know when they do not have a scouting network - see BL, AI, KPS at S6.

Point 2 I have heard many times at S6 I do not believe it all now. I suspect if Milwall were after him you had no chance. I guess the point I am making is under previous management we heard similar stories with the blame on the manager but this I would suggest is unlikely to be true. Do you honestly believe that if John Sheridan was offered Wayne Rooney he would turn it down? More likely to be the man who controls the purse strings.

I guess what I the point I am making is that he is more than likely stuck with loan signings because

a) they are cheap

b) whoever controls the purse strings does not want to pay money

c) your lack of a scouting network

d) the manager can only sign players with in budget

All of which adds up to me that the manager doing the best with the resources available. As with any player you have to get value for money. We have spent the close season chasing players and being priced out of the market as GM has felt that he can get player who are better for the same money. Now we have a scouting network it is much easier to identify others who are not outside the budget. When the top changes for the better for chezie you will see the same.

So you have lost your chief scout (see what happened at s6 when DA was here). GM has basically said no scouting network means finding good players is nearly impossible. Funny that managers sign players they already know when they do not have a scouting network - see BL, AI, KPS at S6.

Point 2 I have heard many times at S6 I do not believe it all now. I suspect if Milwall were after him you had no chance. I guess the point I am making is under previous management we heard similar stories with the blame on the manager but this I would suggest is unlikely to be true. Do you honestly believe that if John Sheridan was offered Wayne Rooney he would turn it down? More likely to be the man who controls the purse strings.

I guess what I the point I am making is that he is more than likely stuck with loan signings because

a) they are cheap

b) whoever controls the purse strings does not want to pay money

c) your lack of a scouting network

d) the manager can only sign players with in budget

All of which adds up to me that the manager doing the best with the resources available. As with any player you have to get value for money. We have spent the close season chasing players and being priced out of the market as GM has felt that he can get player who are better for the same money. Now we have a scouting network it is much easier to identify others who are not outside the budget. When the top changes for the better for chezie you will see the same.

You make some good points. I don't believe he's become a bad manager but he's made some poor decisions and when they get repeated it concerns me even more.

As for DA, I really have no idea as to his influence behind the scenes.

Ha ha. We'll see.

Aye, we will. Eventually he will want out, you'd best hope and pray that he finds someone to pay him what he wants, cos your club doesnt generate the funds to pay him back. 7 million isnt it? How much prrrrrrrrofit did you make last year? He is a businessman who has made an investment in your ground. He will want a return on that, just like all businessmen do. He won't take a loss, at least not a big one.

Aye, we will. Eventually he will want out, you'd best hope and pray that he finds someone to pay him what he wants, cos your club doesnt generate the funds to pay him back. 7 million isnt it? How much prrrrrrrrofit did you make last year? He is a businessman who has made an investment in your ground. He will want a return on that, just like all businessmen do. He won't take a loss, at least not a big one.

It's nothing like seven million I don't think. More like four.

Out of interest do the red and white Sheffield team have a decent forum like this so I can have a nosey re next week?

I've only seem two little used sites, the sort you'd expect a fourth division club to have.

Out of interest do the red and white Sheffield team have a decent forum like this so I can have a nosey re next week?

I've only seem two little used sites, the sort you'd expect a fourth division club to have.

They are illiterate.....

You're going to struggle.

Edited by sonofbert2

Our Forum is Massive because we are a massive club

The Blades forums....... well what else would you expect from a non Massive club ....... a non massive forum !

Hows your lad Ryan anyway ? look forward to his report on the Pigs after leon has scored his hat trick .