chesterfield

Guest Lawsy

Guest sharkey

It's highly amusing given that all we have heard from Chesterfield is what a great man DA is and how they were going to walk this league. But lo and behold the best players went and people's champion DA isn't replacing them. Why does that sound so familiar?

i think that if da is wanting out at such an early stage then the penny has dropped that he knows rumbleall about football.and he thought chessie might be a quick buck to make and its not turned out that way.

I can't see there being any truth in it. The only way he'll make a return is over 3-5yrs+. Nil point in bailing now.

It's highly amusing given that all we have heard from Chesterfield is what a great man DA is and how they were going to walk this league. But lo and behold the best players went and people's champion DA isn't replacing them. Why does that sound so familiar?

Dave Allen has nothing to do with replacing players. The funds are there and have been. The manager's been backed in all he's wanted.

because that was then and this is now and by the way he sed on rs earlier sheff utd is the biggest game in this division,a quick song and a warm round of applause BEFORE the game would av sufficed imo

Will it be shezzas last game?that's why it's the biggest.

Guest bigblue

Dave Allen has nothing to do with replacing players. The funds are there and have been. The manager's been backed in all he's wanted.

Really?

I was with Shez for the Blackpool game earlier this season and he couldn't believe that our fans weren't happy with any of the players we put out (mainly second string). He'd love a fraction of the resources that GM has at his disposal, but he's clearly working on a shoestring!!'

His ambition is to manage our MASSIVE club. So if Tarn want to use him as a scapegoat for their L2 fans, budget & therefore squad, I'd love him to be brought in at Hillsborough in a coaching role. He can be our next manager after learning the ropes from the Ginger Messiah for the next 5-10 years.

I thought Sheridan was a decent shout as he had previously got teams into the playoffs at this level and had done a great job at Chesterfield last season. They played good football and gave us a real hard time at Hillsborough last season on that big pitch.

However, things have gone so badly for him this season and having listened to his ramblings on the radio he can get into denial. It made me think that we should steer clear afterall. I'd hate to hear those interviews here, reminds me of when we played good football under Laws but kept conceding heavily...Laws would then point to the stats on prozone.

I think he is a better manager than he is showing at the moment, but getting Megson in with his experience has proved a masterstroke so far.

PS Sheridan talked himself out of a job tonight surely?

I am fairly sure we are yet to legalise cloning therefore I respectfully suggest Sheridan the player and Sheridan the manager are probably the same fella.

By that logic so are Chris Turner and Peter Eustace, and I have zero respect for either of them as a manager.