What can we do?

I do not agree with what Kray is saying.

But, i do understand, why he is saying it.

As far as i know, not one thing was done, by anyone (let alone the local clubs, who we have helped).

But, that shouldn't stop people trying to help others, in their hour of need.

Thats the gist of it Mal ,whats the point in holding grudges, yes nobody helped us mate , but i think at swfc our fans are better than that ,well some of em ,Plymouth are on their knees sinking fast , why would it be so wrong in helping a fellow fanbase ,

Edited by trevdi9

Ah and plymuff was one of them teams eh, remember them singin about us goin bust at their place other season? Ye I do to.

Poor poor excuse, if anybody was down at Cardiff a couple of season's ago they would of heard our fans singing "who's that coming over the hill, is it the taxman?" towards the Cardiff fans. It's football banter, I doubt any real football fan would want to see any club go under, hence why this thread was started.

A fund set up to bail out clubs in trouble would just lead to owners taking bigger gambles and getting into bigger trouble.

Football doesn't need safety nets, it needs harnesses. Only the league and FA can attach those harnesses. Whether they will/want to though is debatable.

A very good idea to have something in place but the only problem is how many clubs would start to rely on a fund set up. The whole thing needs a shake up. I had to shake my head in disgust when that Mario Balotelli guy at Man City couldn't put on a training bib, yet he is earning £100,000 a week, his weekly wages alone could pay the whole Argyle team's budget. This is so so wrong.

Its a tricky one to be fair. There are plenty of clubs that are making profits and are being run correctly, why should they feel the need to dontate that money to a club what has been mis-managed?

The sad truth is, there needs to be a big club to go bust before the football world wakes up and smells the roses. Granted it needs to be a bigger club than Plymouth before anyone pays attention, such as Leeds or Everton etc. When it does, tighter restrictions will be brought in and clubs will be forced to operate within their means.

To suggest that the bigger Premier League clubs bail them out opens up more arguments and would our fans feel the same if it was the BlaVdes who were in trouble? I doubt that there would be as many fans of ours and other clubs as forthcoming to help them out. I wouldnt help out, I would love to see them rot.

I do feel sorry for Plymouth however especially their supporters. Ultimatley they are the life blood, they ARE the football club. They didnt cause it, yet they will be the ones who suffer the heartache. But if we start offering bail outs, then the mis management will contiune. Clubs will carry on taking business risks and living beyond their means knowing there is a safety net to fall back on.

Guest Deleted member

If someone stood by and watched a member of my family getting murdered - would it be right for me to stand by another day and watch a family member of theirs get murdered while doing nothing?

(I bet it is nearer to £250,000).

Treat others as you would expect to be treated yourself.

If it's £250,000 thats even more shocking. I know its a case that if its offered you would accept it but I think it highlights the problem in football, No player is worth £250,000 a week, yet his weekly wage could probably pay the Plymouth Argyle staff's yearly wages!!

Guest totemowl

Whilst I feel sorry for Plymouth,who gave two shiny shites about us when we were going under.

A lot of people. Not just fans.

Very different circumstances though. We were threatened with admin and there was always a very good chance we'd get through that.

Plymouth are facing liquidation. It seems some of the people who are supposedly there to help are benefitting from their situation.

Guest totemowl

Its a tricky one to be fair. There are plenty of clubs that are making profits and are being run correctly, why should they feel the need to dontate that money to a club what has been mis-managed?

The sad truth is, there needs to be a big club to go bust before the football world wakes up and smells the roses. Granted it needs to be a bigger club than Plymouth before anyone pays attention, such as Leeds or Everton etc. When it does, tighter restrictions will be brought in and clubs will be forced to operate within their means.

To suggest that the bigger Premier League clubs bail them out opens up more arguments and would our fans feel the same if it was the BlaVdes who were in trouble? I doubt that there would be as many fans of ours and other clubs as forthcoming to help them out. I wouldnt help out, I would love to see them rot.

I do feel sorry for Plymouth however especially their supporters. Ultimatley they are the life blood, they ARE the football club. They didnt cause it, yet they will be the ones who suffer the heartache. But if we start offering bail outs, then the mis management will contiune. Clubs will carry on taking business risks and living beyond their means knowing there is a safety net to fall back on.

It's not just that mismanagement has got them in this state. It's now seems to be being perpetrated by others against them.

Money isnt the answer. Sending money their way may result in it going in the wrong pockets.

If you want to understand what is going on there just read some of the articles on sites such as TwoHundredPercent.net.

Just a few thoughts:

Gordon Taylor, highest paid union boss in the country and PFA boss, was given £700,000....Yes, that's right...£700,000 by the NOTW recently. I believe his salary is £400,000, yes, that's right...£400,000. Is he helping?

Trevor Francis, multi-millionaire, comes from Plymouth I beleive. Is he helping?

Peter Ridsdale is described as a wealthy businessman. Is he helping?

Many footballers are on £10,000 to £150,000 A WEEK! Some will come from the area, are they helping? They didn't even help Bosman when he was poverty stricken and he's responsible for their huge wages.

I don't want any club to go under (well, maybe Leeds) but paltry sums from people who earn a fraction of the above examples aren't going to save them.

If you have any spare cash why not buy something from the Wednesday shop or better still, pay for a friend to come to Hillsborough or donate to a Smile ticket for Wednesday fans less fortunate.

I wish passionately that clubs would run themselves properly and outlandish wages would stop but until that happens this situation will arise again and again.

It's not about money anymore, it's about solidarity amongst football supporters against the unfair distribution of wealth in the game.

Plymouth are just the focal point......it's about fans from all clubs standing up and being counted, and hopefully sending a strong message to the FA that there are actually more leagues than the Premiership.

It's not just that mismanagement has got them in this state. It's now seems to be being perpetrated by others against them.

Money isnt the answer. Sending money their way may result in it going in the wrong pockets.

If you want to understand what is going on there just read some of the articles on sites such as TwoHundredPercent.net.

Thanks, totem........it's good to know I'm not on my own.

The whole Fans Re-United thing was started by a Brighton fan, but it's really starting to snowball........I just think it's an opportunity to make a stand for the 'little guy'.

I think you should read my post again mate.