What can we do?

I know its in the wrong section but I want as many people to see this instead of letting it disappear on the other threads.

I see Brighton have decided to "Go green for Argyle"

So Plymouth are in danger of liquidation.

Which is horrid.

The Brighton "word on the street" is that we are going to buy every empty seat at their stadium, go down to their stadium in our thousands, totally pack them out and, for one day, make it the LOUDEST, fullest, stadium in the country.

We are going to take rattles, horns, vuvuzelas, whistles ... anything that is legally allowed in the ground.

It will be LOUD, LOUD LOUD ... !!!

The date ... Saturday 24th September (because The Seagulls don't have a game that day).

I'm tempted to go (even though I've not been to any matches this season), because it's going to be A TOTAL BLAST !!!

And maybe, in the process, we might make a small contribution to helping save Plymouth.

How jolly is that !

As Paul Whitehouse says in the Aviva advert ... "GREEN ARMY!"

Being close to going under ourselves I know a lot of our fans can appreciate what the Argyle fan's are going through. Not only that but the players haven't been properly paid for 10 months and I really don't know how those who work at the club behind the scene for no money come in every day to do the job. There has to be something we as a club, or message board or just as fans can do to help them out. Anybody have any suggestions? I know people who work at the club visit this board, I know many of us were extremely worried on that faithful day last year...

were a bit far away to anything direct.

Fans from all round the southwest could help more easily.

I think anybody can help no matter what the distance. Brighton is still a good 4 hour drive from Plymouth. Maybe something like a Plymouth Argyle day. Everybody buys an item from the club shop and wears it at the ground or something?

I think anybody can help no matter what the distance. Brighton is still a good 4 hour drive from Plymouth. Maybe something like a Plymouth Argyle day. Everybody buys an item from the club shop and wears it at the ground or something?

Fair do's.

I think it is a good cause, particularly considering the position we were in before Christmas.

Not being funny or being harsh in any way but we need our fans to support OUR club while we are getting numbers of around 17,000 on match days, wearing Plymouth items isn't really going to help that.

What we could do is have the bucket collections around the stadium as BRADDAZ said. Or maybe get some sort of 'Save PAFC' flag up before the match?

Edited by EcclesallOwl

who mans the buckets though? In the rotherham case that was rotherham fans.

No idea. Not given it any thought, just first idea that's come to me.

I presume a group of Argyle fans would do it. Maybe do two bucket collections up North over a weekend on a Saturday and Sunday.

Or they could set up a website for donations from fans all around the country.

I would definately give a tenner. I've been to Home Park a couple of time, got beat both times but enjoyed the trips, ground and City. Like the whole Devon/Cornwall area too and I think that area needs a football team (even if it's just so I can use the game as an excuse to get to Newquay).

Would be great to see the football community come and stand together to try and help out one of the countries football clubs, who are in grave danger of going out of busness forever.

I'm sure a few of the lads at the Prems Elite could ease Plymouth significantly by skipping a weeks wages.

Its a shame these lads forget teams like Plymouth are where the likes of Man Utd pick up youngsters.

If it wasn't for smaller clubs like Plymouth etc. then half the homegrown talent in the Prem wouldn't exist.

Bucket collections are the best shout.

Be awful to see them disappear.

Especially when you consider the size of the debt "Europes Elite" have.

What can we do? Or, what should we do?

I supported my club through thick and thin because it's my club.

However, Plymouth have got to this position on their own. It's harsh, but all clubs have to wake up and realise they can't spend money that doesn't exist.

Come on now!! We all know nothing is that simple. If MM had not come in for us and we would have gone under would you have said well we got ourselves into this ourselves?? Its the same as us, previous powers at the top making stupid decisions, leaving us the fans to pick up the mess.

What can we do? Or, what should we do?

I supported my club through thick and thin because it's my club.

However, Plymouth have got to this position on their own. It's harsh, but all clubs have to wake up and realise they can't spend money that doesn't exist.

why should a football club die because of the actions of probably one bloke somewhere in the past?

That is how these things tend to work.

It is never the fans' fault but they have to see the club they love go to poo .

anyway, yeah if there was a link to some just giving site for plymouth that was genuine, I would put a tenner in.

Come on now!! We all know nothing is that simple. If MM had not come in for us and we would have gone under would you have said well we got ourselves into this ourselves?? Its the same as us, previous powers at the top making stupid decisions, leaving us the fans to pick up the mess.

There were numerous times during our troubles that I argued the point "we get the club we deserve."

Don't get me wrong, I feel sorry for the Plymouth fans - I really do. It's a good club with good fans (from those few that I've known and met). However, everytime one of these stories pops up the same thing happens; fans have a whip round, club gets a few days/weeks/months extra to stumble along while in the background someone comes in at the last minute to save the club.

The club will not "cease to exist", because there are too many people that care about it. If a phoenix club has to rise from the ashes then so be it - Chester and AFC Wimbledon have had to do that.

I'm just sick of football at the minute. I'm sick of one financial crisis after another for one football club after another, with the same cliches and platitudes and nothing f*cking changing.

For 90 minutes every few days I can switch the brain off and watch SWFC because that's all I really care about in football anymore. The sheer level of cynicism, greed and hypocrisy in football now sickens me.

If it's not Plymouth then within 3 months it will be another club going through this and the same things will happen, with people asking "what can we do?" with nothing changing.

We could start a petition, that seems to work. :dry:

Seriously, it would be good if we could help them in some small way.

Ideally, I'd love to see supporters from every club march on mass and protest outside the FA headquarters, highlighting Plymouth Argyles plight and the unfair distribution of wealth to the lower leagues.........but we wont, we'll moan and sympathise, but do flip all.

I really hope the Brighton supporters go through with it...... it would be a fantastic, unselfish gesture and they at least can say they tried.

Good luck to The Green Army.......but I'm seriously worried for them

I remember going to Brighton when they had a 'Fans United' day some years ago at the Goldstone Ground when fans from just about every club in the country turned up wearing their own teams shirt.

I can't remember if it was because they were getting kicked out of the Goldstone, they were going bust, or both.