What can we do?

Anyone got man city's chairmans number? Or why dont the prem players on 200k a week do something? It's crazy, all us fans who have to graft at work day by day earning peanuts want to help but can't help much, then footballers on 400 times more than us don't seem to give a crap.

Anyone got man city's chairmans number? Or why dont the prem players on 200k a week do something? It's crazy, all us fans who have to graft at work day by day earning peanuts want to help but can't help much, then footballers on 400 times more than us don't seem to give a crap.

I agree with this and I would love all premier League Players to donate a weeks wages every year to a Worthy cause which they choose, I think that this idea should be debated in Higher places maybe parliament?, Some charities would welcome this ie Cancer research, Macmillan Nurse's, NSPCC etc.

Don't remember any other teams fans wanting to help save us. Alot of opposition fans wanted us to go bust. Last season at home park the plymouth fans were taunting us singing 'going bust'.

Brighton are helping due to the help Plymouth gave them during there troubled period.

What can we do? Seriously, it's beyond bucket collections. Petitions don't achieve anything. Short of going to their games instead of ours and putting more money in there's very little we can do. Look at the costs so far of the administrators. I bet it's over £200k. They are at a point where they need a massive injection of cash from somewhere. Either an individual, consortium or whole fanbase donation vehicle.

I feel for them, they have my utmost sympathy and I'd hate to see them fold, but if they do, fans of other clubs will be a long way down the list of blame.

Show me how I can help.

We decried the rape and pillage of Wimbledon and did nowt.......

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

If everyone attempted this the world would be a better place.

I give up, I'm going to chat with some Plymouth fans and see what I can do personally to help......I'm lost in this 'new world' you call home, it's far too selfish for me.

The two tw@s who negged that are beyond flipping help.....

Edited by Weshallovercome

Lets all think about this for a minute

Most of us threw a few quid in the bucket for toy town and they have now got a massive love in with the dingles and the blunts, showing a lot of hatred towards us

Local rivalry my @rse, no gratitude whatsoever from that lot.

Plymouth fans I’m sure would have a lot more gratitude if we and every club tried to help in what ever small way we could.

The only problem I can see is if every club in the top 4 divisions had a bucket collection on a Saturday and averaged around £2k that would only be around £184k in total and not enough to save them.

This would have to be done every week outside every ground for a full season just to keep them afloat.

It might give them some column inches in the papers, and this in turn might get some of the big boys to throw a bit more money at their cause.

We got lucky, VERY LUCKY! When Milan got us at the last minute, unfortunately for PAFC they need a fairy godfather to step in for them.

Lets all think about this for a minute

Most of us threw a few quid in the bucket for toy town and they have now got a massive love in with the dingles and the blunts, showing a lot of hatred towards us

Local rivalry my @rse, no gratitude whatsoever from that lot.

Plymouth fans I’m sure would have a lot more gratitude if we and every club tried to help in what ever small way we could.

The only problem I can see is if every club in the top 4 divisions had a bucket collection on a Saturday and averaged around £2k that would only be around £184k in total and not enough to save them.

This would have to be done every week outside every ground for a full season just to keep them afloat.

It might give them some column inches in the papers, and this in turn might get some of the big boys to throw a bit more money at their cause.

We got lucky, VERY LUCKY! When Milan got us at the last minute, unfortunately for PAFC they need a fairy godfather to step in for them.

For me it's not just about Plymouth Argyle........it's about every club in the lower leagues, it's about grass roots footy that's being neglected by the FA, who are so far up the arse of the Premier League that nothing else matters.

p.s.......I think it's too late for any financial help from fans, like you say it would be a drop in the ocean.....now it's all about making a stand, and personally I can't sit on my hands any longer,

Edited by Weshallovercome

Guest totemowl

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=14886

First and last paragraphs are most helpful.

The above web site has several articles on Plymouth as well as non league clubs who are in big trouble.

September 4, 2011 - by Ian 5 Comments Categories: Clubs in Crisis, Football League, Latest

Regular readers of this site will be all too aware of the recent problems that have beset Plymouth Argyle Football Club. Plymouth’s supporters, in conjunction with whose of Brighton & Hove Albion, are now planning a protest on the twenty-fourth of September to which supporters of all clubs will be welcome. Here’s Argyle supporter Dan Greet with a little background behind the protest, and an explanation as to why this isn’t just an issue that affects their club.

As I am sure anyone with more than a passing interest in football is aware, Plymouth Argyle are and remain in trouble – real trouble. The imminent danger of liquidation has come to dominate all discussion at Home Park these days. Stories of players not being paid, staff being paid by the manager out of his own pocket, administration, debt and the delays securing the new owners have dominated all news relating to Argyle since March of this year. This nearly came to a head this week when there was talk of the players and staff going on strike and refusing to play today’s game at Burton. Fortunately, strike action was averted when the players and staff agreed to receive forty per cent of the wages that they are now owed for last month with the remainder to be paid upon completion of the long overdue takeover by Bishop International Ltd, although it is worth remembering that this take-over was due to be completed by the end of last month. These, then, are troubling times for a club which just two short seasons ago was playing in the Championship, having been promoted twice between 2000 and 2008.

This is where Brighton and Hove Albion come in. Back in 1997, Brighton were at their lowest ebb due to its shameful asset-stripping by directors Bill Archer and David Bellotti. The club was run into the ground and evicted from its Goldstone Ground home (where it had played since 1902). Two years ground-sharing at Gillingham’s Priestfield followed, before returning to an unsatisfactory home at Withdean until earlier this year. The atmosphere at Brighton games during this period was less than warm, and protests and pitch invasions were commonplace. A protest during a match against Lincoln City on the First of October 1996 resulted in a two point deduction by the Football League in December of that year. Relegation looked likely at this point and the fans’ forum North Stand Chat was overrun with anger directed at the Belloti, Archer and particularly the FA due to their perceived lack of support during this period. Fans of other clubs left messages of support on the forum but none resonated more than a post from a fourteen year old boy named Richard Vaughan – a fan of Plymouth Argyle. His post was as follows:

“I see the scum FA have now taken 2 points who do they think they are they wouldn’t do this to Man United. It makes me sick what is happening to your club and it’s an insult to your fans. I’m a Plymouth fan and I think that one week when we’re away I`m going to come up and support your protest. I think it would be a good idea if LOADS of fans from different clubs turned up at Brighton (with their shirts on) and joined in it would show that we’re all behind you 100%”

The passionate post from this young man brought Albion fans and campaigners against Albion’s treatment together and a date was set for the eighth of February 1997 for the Hartlepool United game to be the first ever Fans United Day. From the previous foggy and anarchic atmosphere that had dogged Brighton games all season came a revelation as thousands of fans from all over the country (and a party from the German club Eintracht Frankfurt) joined together to cheer on the Albion and provide a wonderful atmosphere that helped propel the players to a 5-0 win. Albion went on to survive relegation on goal difference by three goals. How different, we might reflect, might things have been for the club had Fans United Day never happened. Fourteen years on Albion played Argyle in League One with our club’s precarious situation already making headlines and, whilst Richard Vaughan was not able to attend the game in person, he managed to send Brighton a message which was read out at half-time and was very warmly received by both sets of supporters.

Brighton’s has felt a debt of gratitude to Argyle due to the snowball effect caused by young Richard’s post since then, and now in an attempt to repay them for the help they provided to Albion at their lowest point they intend to do what they can to return the favour. In the last twenty-four hours on the very same forum where it all started fourteen years ago, Fans Reunited Day has been born. A grass-roots uprising started by forum member Woodchip has become something of a phenomenon. In just twenty-four hours, over one hundred fans have already agreed to make the trip down to Home Park on the twenty-fourth of September to cheer on Argyle in their match against Macclesfield Town. With three weeks to go and the campaign only just getting started and spreading with social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter the number can only multiply. In the day and age where the internet – and possibly even more importantly social media – have become an integral part of everyday life, the message has a chance to surpass the impact it had all those years ago.

The knock-on effect caused by the potential liquidation of Plymouth Argyle through football as a whole could be catastrophic. In an age in which footballers earn huge wages and command bigger transfer fees than ever before, a domino effect for lower league sides is a possibility. Therefore, as football fans, we need to make this day the biggest event that we can to not only support Plymouth Argyle but also to support our game as a whole. No club with a history as long as Argyle’s have been liquidated before and, whilst other teams have come close – a list which is, sadly, too long to go through in full – it seems unlikely that this trend will be slowing down any time soon. We need to act now to ensure this doesn’t happen. So I implore you, if you are a fan of our great sport, please head down to Home Park, Plymouth on the twenty-fourth of September wearing the shirt of your preferred team. Let’s show football that we still care, and that we will stand up to defend our clubs.

You can show your support for Fans Reunited Day through its Facebook page, whilst the official website for the campaign will be open shortly, and will be prominently advertised on this site. There is also further information on North Stand Chat and the Plymouth supporters forum, PASOTI. You can also help to contribute towards helping those that have not been paid in full recently, courtesy of The Green Taverners. We will be providing regular updates on the subject here on Twohundredpercent, as well as on our Twitter feed.

What can we do? Seriously, it's beyond bucket collections. Petitions don't achieve anything. Short of going to their games instead of ours and putting more money in there's very little we can do. Look at the costs so far of the administrators. I bet it's over £200k. They are at a point where they need a massive injection of cash from somewhere. Either an individual, consortium or whole fanbase donation vehicle.

I feel for them, they have my utmost sympathy and I'd hate to see them fold, but if they do, fans of other clubs will be a long way down the list of blame.

Show me how I can help.

I think they have to find something in the region of £1.5 million within the next month or they go bust. As for the administrators it was on the radio this morning they are charging £275 / hour for their services and the monthly charges iirc are in the region of 250k