Get off Megson's back

Guest SWFC1982

As a "Megson outer", as you all need to fit us in to some kind of group, I shall give you the reasons why I'm far from convinced so far.

Away from home we look crap.

Even though we dominated Saturday agains Scunny, we found ourselves clinging on with all our might.

Even though we aren't supposed to be playing a long ball game, we are.

However! I love being proven wrong, and don't think I would ever want anything different. So I'm not complaining at the minute. But I will,

Confidence in the manager? That's a fine line, and I give my support to our team every week. But blind optimism doesn't equal results.

So I will air my grievences on here, and complain, and support the team each week. Doesn't make any of us better than the others.

WAWAW?

Guest insideowl

As a "Megson outer", as you all need to fit us in to some kind of group, I shall give you the reasons why I'm far from convinced so far.

Away from home we look crap.

Even though we dominated Saturday agains Scunny, we found ourselves clinging on with all our might.

Even though we aren't supposed to be playing a long ball game, we are.

However! I love being proven wrong, and don't think I would ever want anything different. So I'm not complaining at the minute. But I will,

Confidence in the manager? That's a fine line, and I give my support to our team every week. But blind optimism doesn't equal results.

So I will air my grievences on here, and complain, and support the team each week. Doesn't make any of us better than the others.

WAWAW?

Can you explain how you see us as a long ball team? Your not going to witness a game this season in any English league where you don't see the ball go long!

I think people are far to eager to jump on this long ball bandwagon just to try get on megsons back.

After the two away games Megson came out and said we were hoofing the ball up front and said we needed to rectify this. Which on evidence against county and scunny I think we did. With centre halves like jones and Batth at the back your not going to be able to pass the ball about but we substitue that in order to look strong and physical at the back. Therefore you will see them go long when a easy ball isn't on. But to call that long ball is dumfounded.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

I find that hard to believe I for one am behind megson but don't agree with the sitting back and inviting pressure on tactic does that mean I want him to fail

The problem is that with the recent injuries and the lack of a new signing so far, he has to conserve the strikers he has and therefore this approach is really the only one he has... so two goals up needs to tale a chance and rest Morrison... quite understandable really,,, Not ideal, not what he wants to do but has little laternative.

In Megson and Mandaric we trust.....

Well his hands were somewhat tied I'll give you that. In this case the result probably justified the means but there are.dangers in surrendering the initiative to the opposition, not least that we are not that good at defending. The manager does have to take some of the blame though. First of all, are we being not being a bit too protective withdrawing a striker when we don't have another league match for over a week? It's not like we were playing two matches in two days like our opponents. The fact that they finished the stronger side playing virtually the same team that had played extra time some 48 hours earlier, rather makes a mockery of our over cautious approach. The second thing is, maybe the managers options may not have been so limited had we not brought in forwards that were either obviously injured, or deemed not good enough.

So although I have some sympathy for his predicament on Saturday, he was not blameless, as it was the decisions he made that partly caused the problem in the first place.

Guest totemowl
Well his hands were somewhat tied I'll give you that. In this case the result probably justified the means but there are.dangers in surrendering the initiative to the opposition, not least that we are not that good at defending. The manager does have to take some of the blame though. First of all, are we being not being a bit too protective withdrawing a striker when we don't have another league match for over a week? It's not like we were playing two matches in two days like our opponents. The fact that they finished the stronger side playing virtually the same team that had played extra time some 48 hours earlier, rather makes a mockery of our over cautious approach. The second thing is, maybe the managers options may not have been so limited had we not brought in forwards that were either obviously injured, or deemed not good enough.

So although I have some sympathy for his predicament on Saturday, he was not blameless, as it was the decisions he made that partly caused the problem in the first place.

You're relying on a lot of unknowns there, like why Morrison came off, why Uchechi wasn't a sub, why we haven't got players who were good enough, and so on.

But let's blame the manager then. We won so I'm sure he'll be happy to take the blame, given that most tactical decisions carry some risk,

As for withdrawing Morrison, it made some sense to take him off given that Megson has to start 7 of the team who played Saturday in the JPT tomorrow. It might be a nothing trophy but what's the point in risking him being tired to the point he might get an injury.

Edited by totemowl

Guest D.J.Nick1212

I have always believed that it takes about 8 games to get a new player or one back from injury up to full speed and gelling with the team ( I don't think friendly's really count as they aren't mostly full match speed)

! 3/4 of our current first team are in that bracket but they are getting better every match!

I think Meggo's brought in some quality players that are already showing the signs of a quality team!

In Manderic and Megson we trust!

Of course you are right Totem, there are a lot of unknowns in there, but surely that is true of virtually every post or opinion on here. None of us know the exact circumstances for any decisions made or indeed the reasons behind a players/teams performance. None of us are privy to all the information, but it doesn't stop us speculating on what we see. Again you could apply that to almost any thread on here.

Am sick of the doom and gloomers who just like to moan no matter what. No matter what Megson does, he can't do right. If you look at the quality that he has brought in compared to the shower that Irvine bought in January, then there is no comparison. Batth, Bennett, Jones, Semedo, Prutton, Marshall, all quality players and still people moan. Yes, we do need another striker, but Megson, Mandaric and Aldridge are working on that, and there will be someone of quality in by Wednesday. Am starting to get the feeling that some people just like to moan no matter what rather than support the changes that the club is putting in place.

top post. people want instant success. Some fans are not very bright.

Am sick of the doom and gloomers who just like to moan no matter what. No matter what Megson does, he can't do right. If you look at the quality that he has brought in compared to the shower that Irvine bought in January, then there is no comparison. Batth, Bennett, Jones, Semedo, Prutton, Marshall, all quality players and still people moan. Yes, we do need another striker, but Megson, Mandaric and Aldridge are working on that, and there will be someone of quality in by Wednesday. Am starting to get the feeling that some people just like to moan no matter what rather than support the changes that the club is putting in place.

Maybe there bolton fans in disguise (flippingidiots)

Megson is a true Wednesdayite, he knows he can’t fail with this appointment.

He wants what is best for SWFC.

If everyone can be honest with themselves and cast our minds back 18 months!!

If someone told you in the pub MM, was going to take the club over and install Megson as manager you would have told them to go home and have a goods nights sleep as they must have been bladdered out of their minds!

If for one moment you believed them you would have an h4rd on for a month.

Things are getting better we have not lost at home all season, Madine is getting better, this has to be down to man management.

Have faith lads

Guest Big Guns

Megson is a true Wednesdayite, he knows he can’t fail with this appointment.

He wants what is best for SWFC.

If everyone can be honest with themselves and cast our minds back 18 months!!

If someone told you in the pub MM, was going to take the club over and install Megson as manager you would have told them to go home and have a goods nights sleep as they must have been bladdered out of their minds!

If for one moment you believed them you would have an h4rd on for a month.

Things are getting better we have not lost at home all season, Madine is getting better, this has to be down to man management.

Have faith lads

Wots with slanty wrighting