Get off Megson's back

Guest SWFC1982

Guest Bald Owl

Am sick of the doom and gloomers who just like to moan no matter what. No matter what Megson does, he can't do right. If you look at the quality that he has brought in compared to the shower that Irvine bought in January, then there is no comparison. Batth, Bennett, Jones, Semedo, Prutton, Marshall, all quality players and still people moan. Yes, we do need another striker, but Megson, Mandaric and Aldridge are working on that, and there will be someone of quality in by Wednesday. Am starting to get the feeling that some people just like to moan no matter what rather than support the changes that the club is putting in place.

Well said!

Certainly wasn't the brightest decision was it weeing of the fans, the TV company and now the FA. When you think about it, at a time when we are trying to sell the game, 2 opportunities to put ourselves in the shop window on national TX and we proper blow it. Not the greatest PR exercise was it.

I want to make a few points about this thread, and also about last night.

The beauty of online forums is that people can express their views behind the safety of their own screen. I am not saying they wouldn't debate what they post face-to-face, but it makes it easier to say what they really think and more sometimes. People have mentioned that the decline of our club has been on-going for 15 years, so could it also be possible that our fans mentality has changed over the same period? It will probably take just as long to change some fans views as it will to repair the damage our club has suffered. However some fans will always view a glass as half-empty rather than half-full, so nothing will ever be good enough for them.

Personally I think some people need to look back to the crap we have had to suffer over the years, and look at what we have now. Okay, so we are in the 3rd tier, but at least we have a club to support. We will get promotion back to the Championship, but it might not be this season. However, look at Norwich and Leeds last season. Look at Southampton and Brighton this season. One more season in this league is not the end of the world. Yes it sucks, and it hurts but in 5 years time who knows where we will be. If it hadn't been for Milan though, what then? So please, stop moaning and look on the positive side of things.

Last night was a bit of a farce, but then if we are honest, are we really bothered. What are GM's objectives this season? To win the JPT? League Cup? Nah, to get promoted. I hope Charlton, Blunts, MK Dons and the other teams in the top 6 go on big cup runs in all competitions. Let them have the fixture backlogs, not us. Because come Christmas and in to the new year when their fixture lists are piling up, as possibly are their suspensions and injuries, we have just the league to concentrate on and therefore, by rights, should have a better chance of succeeding in gaining promotion. And anyway, who in their right mind would want our name on the the JPT trophy? It would only stand as a reminder of where we were once.

Saying that, well done and good luck to Bradford. I thought our guys passed them off the park at times, but lacked a cutting edge. Still it gave some of the younger squad members some time in a competitive match, and however they well or bad they played individually, hopefully they will take lessons away from this game and use them in their development.

Edited by ChapSmurf

Guest Big Guns

After that shambolic disrespect off sheffield wednesday fans last night I hope megson has the decency to resign asap last night was cringeworthy total disrepect off the competition as well simply he embarresed us on tv to be laughing on the bench too just showed a pathetic attitude to boot.F##K OFF MEGSON.

I'm gutted me I wanted to see the jpt trophy added to our list of honours reight bad summat in years to cum to brag about to the grunters oh well another dream shatters

I want to make a few points about this thread, and also about last night.

The beauty of online forums is that people can express their views behind the safety of their own screen. I am not saying they wouldn't debate what they post face-to-face, but it makes it easier to say what they really think and more sometimes. People have mentioned that the decline of our club has been on-going for 15 years, so could it also be possible that our fans mentality has changed over the same period? It will probably take just as long to change some fans views as it will to repair the damage our club has suffered. However some fans will always view a glass as half-empty rather than half-full, so nothing will ever be good enough for them.

Personally I think some people need to look back to the crap we have had to suffer over the years, and look at what we have now. Okay, so we are in the 3rd tier, but at least we have a club to support. We will get promotion back to the Championship, but it might not be this season. However, look at Norwich and Leeds last season. Look at Southampton and Brighton this season. One more season in this league is not the end of the world. Yes it sucks, and it hurts but in 5 years time who knows where we will be. If it hadn't been for Milan though, what then? So please, stop moaning and look on the positive side of things.

Last night was a bit of a farce, but then if we are honest, are we really bothered. What are GM's objectives this season? To win the JPT? League Cup? Nah, to get promoted. I hope Charlton, Blunts, MK Dons and the other teams in the top 6 go on big cup runs in all competitions. Let them have the fixture backlogs, not us. Because come Christmas and in to the new year when their fixture lists are piling up, as possibly are their suspensions and injuries, we have just the league to concentrate on and therefore, by rights, should have a better chance of succeeding in gaining promotion. And anyway, who in their right mind would want our name on the the JPT trophy? It would only stand as a reminder of where we were once.

Saying that, well done and good luck to Bradford. I thought our guys passed them off the park at times, but lacked a cutting edge. Still it gave some of the younger squad members some time in a competitive match, and however they well or bad they played individually, hopefully they will take lessons away from this game and use them in their development.

I was with you until that comment. I know what your saying, but I'm sure fans of people like Bristol City & Blackpool look back at their trip to Wembley with fondness and not 'remember how sh!t we were back then, how embarrassing'.

I was with you until that comment. I know what your saying, but I'm sure fans of people like Bristol City & Blackpool look back at their trip to Wembley with fondness and not 'remember how sh!t we were back then, how embarrassing'.

Yes, I am sure they did look back with fondness and I meant no disrespect to the competition or the teams still in it. I suppose on reflection I could have worded sentence better than I did, but I was just tyring to say that while it may matter to some clubs, it doesn't really matter that much to ours, in the larger scheme of things. Blackpool for instance will look at their Premiership season, not at their 2 successes in this competition [Football League Trophy]. The same can be said for Wigan, Wolves, Bolton & Stoke. I was merely trying to draw a parallel between how fans would feel about winning the competition this season, versus us being a Championship or Premiership club in the future,

But then I think you already knew that :smile:

I'm sorry but I can't see any positives from that shambles last night. I suppose it comes down to whether you believe a decent cup run has a detrimental effect on us being able to mount a promotion challenge. Personally I don't, but others do, and more importantly, the manager does.

I'm sorry but I can't see any positives from that shambles last night. I suppose it comes down to whether you believe a decent cup run has a detrimental effect on us being able to mount a promotion challenge. Personally I don't, but others do, and more importantly, the manager does.

You're becoming a right old parody of yourself.

Yes, I am sure they did look back with fondness and I meant no disrespect to the competition or the teams still in it. I suppose on reflection I could have worded sentence better than I did, but I was just tyring to say that while it may matter to some clubs, it doesn't really matter that much to ours, in the larger scheme of things. Blackpool for instance will look at their Premiership season, not at their 2 successes in this competition [Football League Trophy]. The same can be said for Wigan, Wolves, Bolton & Stoke. I was merely trying to draw a parallel between how fans would feel about winning the competition this season, versus us being a Championship or Premiership club in the future,

But then I think you already knew that :smile:

Absolutely, I was just being pedantic.

Although I did +1 the post :smile:

Ahhh, that was you was it. I just need to find the other 2 now, then you can all be committed to the madhouse together lol

Has this madhouse got plenty of Smurfs ? If so, then Ken Bates would probably join !

On a serious note, along with the Carling Cup & World Cup qualifications, the JPT does need a revamp.

As a "Megson outer", as you all need to fit us in to some kind of group, I shall give you the reasons why I'm far from convinced so far.

Away from home we look crap.

Even though we dominated Saturday agains Scunny, we found ourselves clinging on with all our might.

Even though we aren't supposed to be playing a long ball game, we are.

However! I love being proven wrong, and don't think I would ever want anything different. So I'm not complaining at the minute. But I will,

Confidence in the manager? That's a fine line, and I give my support to our team every week. But blind optimism doesn't equal results.

So I will air my grievences on here, and complain, and support the team each week. Doesn't make any of us better than the others.

WAWAW?

All we ought to do is judge on performances and quality of player and play. So far only Marshall looks a step in personnel and we await some good performances. There haven't been many so far. And last night was dire even though it didn't matter. Those smart aleck substitutions makes me think we have delusions of grandeur, the Man U of lower leagues. At least half an hour from those selected might have avoided a risk of a fine.