Get off Megson's back

Guest SWFC1982

Guest SWFC1982

Am sick of the doom and gloomers who just like to moan no matter what. No matter what Megson does, he can't do right. If you look at the quality that he has brought in compared to the shower that Irvine bought in January, then there is no comparison. Batth, Bennett, Jones, Semedo, Prutton, Marshall, all quality players and still people moan. Yes, we do need another striker, but Megson, Mandaric and Aldridge are working on that, and there will be someone of quality in by Wednesday. Am starting to get the feeling that some people just like to moan no matter what rather than support the changes that the club is putting in place.

Spot on putney. Saints and Brighton are showing what a good bit of momentum can do. Megson is trying to turn around a club that has been abysmally mismanaged for over ten years, and I think this is one of the reasons why a lot of our fans are sceptical. They are so use to been hurt and let down.

It might not be this year but it's clear to see that Megson is starting to mould us into a decent outfit. It might take time but after ten years of hurt what's a year more if it means finally getting this club back on track?

I just hope Mandy feels the same.

Guest Big Guns

Megson is the man to turn this club around. I do get the feeling that a lot of people out there are just waiting for him to fail.

I find that hard to believe I for one am behind megson but don't agree with the sitting back and inviting pressure on tactic does that mean I want him to fail

I find that hard to believe I for one am behind megson but don't agree with the sitting back and inviting pressure on tactic does that mean I want him to fail

Bang on big guns, I am 100% behind Megson but yesterdays keep ball tactics from 88 mins could have been suicidal! Clearly though we're in a much better place than we were 12 months ago and that's all that matters really

Guest insideowl

Are you serious!? Keep ball tactics? You'd have been hammering him if we shot, goalie saved it and they went up the other end and scored!!

We brought lines on to sit on there lad norwood cause ge dropped and was spraying the ball around. We inevitably dropped as a result of matching them up in the middle of the park cause they pushed on expectedly. What was he suppose to do? Leave Morrison on and get over run in the middle. I praise Megson for that sub as I think we'd have lost otherwise. Yes we were under pressure yes they battered us second half, but who won!?

And how can a 'negative' team score three goals? This time last year we'd have lost this match. We didn't play well but that's a sign of a good team when you can win not always playing at your best.

Stop moaning

Ive heard nobody say Sflaphorpe decided to make a game of it second half ,instead its "we sat back" or "went to sleep" even "it was down to Megsons negative tactics".When in reality Sflaphorpe have been proven comeback kings away from home this season already eg: their 2-2 draw at Charlton who by the way are joint top of the league so please can we have credit where credits due and enjoy the result for what is our 4th straight league victory.

Guest scott_andrew_william

I wonder if the negative fans are the same ones who wanted AI to keep the job because they thought we were going up with him in charge?

Are you serious!? Keep ball tactics? You'd have been hammering him if we shot, goalie saved it and they went up the other end and scored!!

We brought lines on to sit on there lad norwood cause ge dropped and was spraying the ball around. We inevitably dropped as a result of matching them up in the middle of the park cause they pushed on expectedly. What was he suppose to do? Leave Morrison on and get over run in the middle. I praise Megson for that sub as I think we'd have lost otherwise. Yes we were under pressure yes they battered us second half, but who won!?

And how can a 'negative' team score three goals? This time last year we'd have lost this match. We didn't play well but that's a sign of a good team when you can win not always playing at your best.

Stop moaning

I think you misunderstood mate, Scunny pretty much battered us int second half in terms of passing and I didn't quite understand the point in playing the ball to the corner from 88mins knowing that there was at least 6 more mins to play, knowing that we would be relying on our defence which was readily being tested at every opportunity! I was just nervous as was probably every other wednesdayite int ground.

Like I said we're much better than we were but I still think there's a few touches to be made before I start saying that we'll get promoted this season, there's a difference between being negative and just reporting what I see! Yeh we won but did it feel like a win?

Guest insideowl

I think you misunderstood mate, Scunny pretty much battered us int second half in terms of passing and I didn't quite understand the point in playing the ball to the corner from 88mins knowing that there was at least 6 more mins to play, knowing that we would be relying on our defence which was readily being tested at every opportunity! I was just nervous as was probably every other wednesdayite int ground.

Like I said we're much better than we were but I still think there's a few touches to be made before I start saying that we'll get promoted this season, there's a difference between being negative and just reporting what I see! Yeh we won but did it feel like a win?

So what happens if it goes straight into the goalies hands, we have 1,2, maybe 3 players now up the other end of the field and they break, go up the other end and score? You'd go berserk that we didn't just hang onto the ball. No it wasnt pretty and yes I agree that we were under pressure constantly for at least 20 mins. But we saw the game out. He put Lines on to sit on Norwood who started to get on the ball and make things happen. It made us sit deeper granted but it also allowed us to match them up and break up there play. He did it to secure the win and it worked.

And yes it did feel like a win. I loved it how we shut up shop and got the win. Did we play like barca, no. Did we win as well as we could, no. But we won and what good good teams do is win when there not at there best. We'll play better but we won and for no and later that will do for me and 95% of others!

The other 5%, well they can come on here and moan about our negative team scoring 3 negative goals if they want whilst I celebrate 3 points whether or not it felt like 0,1 or 3 points in the pub!

Let's remember we're still playing without a quality striker.

UTO

Guest 03 owl

Winning by Charlie Sheen :biggrin: , " i love winners"...if they win i love it., no matter how they Win.." i like Winners when they Win".. lol

Guest Corleone

Might have had a pint but here goes.... We sat back too much after we conceded (again!!) instead of taking the game by the scruff of the throat as the saying goes. At 2-0 we should have carried on and done some damage 'cos at that point we could have. Just seen a team I'm not keen on hammer another team I'm not keen on by going forward ,creating and taking chances. That against a team who are generally thought t be the most "attractive" team in thiscountry. About time we kicked Ass in a similar style. This is not,in any way, meant as a criticism of anyone.