Lua lua

Guest Sheff Owl

Just found this...Dated 27th Jun 2011

Former Newcastle striker Lomana Lua Lua has turned down a move to League One Hartlepool United.

Pools boss Mick Wadsworth, who worked with the 30-year-old Congo striker at Colchester and Newcastle, offered him a contract at Victoria Park following his release from Omonia Nicosia in Cyprus.

Lomana Lua Lua has shunned the chance to join Nolberto Solano at Hartlepool Wadsworth, who has already added former Newcastle veteran Nobby Solano, said: 'I've spoken to Lomana a lot and I definitely tried to sign him.

We were all excited by it, but we knew it was difficult. 'It would have been a fantastic signing, but he's not ready to come back here to England just yet. He's enjoying playing in Europe. He's had a great career and has got a few years left in him.'

Just found this...Dated 27th Jun 2011

Former Newcastle striker Lomana Lua Lua has turned down a move to League One Hartlepool United.

Pools boss Mick Wadsworth, who worked with the 30-year-old Congo striker at Colchester and Newcastle, offered him a contract at Victoria Park following his release from Omonia Nicosia in Cyprus.

Lomana Lua Lua has shunned the chance to join Nolberto Solano at Hartlepool Wadsworth, who has already added former Newcastle veteran Nobby Solano, said: 'I've spoken to Lomana a lot and I definitely tried to sign him.

We were all excited by it, but we knew it was difficult. 'It would have been a fantastic signing, but he's not ready to come back here to England just yet. He's enjoying playing in Europe. He's had a great career and has got a few years left in him.'

That means nothing really, could have been an excuse he used to not join them.

Since he was at the game today sounds like he could be a new signing?

Guest Bobs Brain Tonic

Forget how long his neck is, looks like he's twisted it round 180 degrees......a true owl if I ever saw one.