Ostemobor

Guest Big Guns

True, he had some good games at the end of the season. However, if we sign a first choice leftback and its a straight choice between Buxton or Semi at RB then its Buxton everytime for me.

semi is for me more mobile than buxton, and as someone pointed out, in tricky games could be used as a midfield shield to cover the f/b...

as for the doesn't go more than 10 yards over the half way line...

maybe he's under orders...

megson's priority last year was to stop the rot...

Edited by dnhc

semi is for me more mobile than buxton, and as someone pointed out, in tricky games could be used as a midfield shield to cover the f/b...

as for the doesn't go more than 10 yards over the half way line...

maybe he's under orders...

megson's priority last year was to stop the rot...

I don't think it's orders, it happened all the season. And it's not like he was stopping and passing the ball to someone else then retreating to his position- he just didn't have it in him to actually run at people with the ball, something you have to be able to do to be an effective winger.

It's a mile of difference from being a quick, overlapping full back to being a winger with a responsibility to actually build an attack. Same with Daniel Jones.

I don't think it's orders, it happened all the season. And it's not like he was stopping and passing the ball to someone else then retreating to his position- he just didn't have it in him to actually run at people with the ball, something you have to be able to do to be an effective winger.

It's a mile of difference from being a quick, overlapping full back to being a winger with a responsibility to actually build an attack. Same with Daniel Jones.

i'm not saying a winger...

a defensive midfielder...right side...

if/as and when needed...

i wouldn't let semi go...

at the back end of the season he was one of the better players in the team...

i figure next season harry may want his defenders to defend...

and his midfield to supplement his attack...with defensive midfield cover, for if the attack breaks down...

as normal teams do... lol