How will we set up?

Well things are starting to take shape, we have seen a few players leaving and we have an indication from Milan of the players we'd like to bring in. From what we know, can we deduce how the manager will set up the team. Without getting bogged down with rigid systems, of course there will have to be some flexibility, but what will the approach be. I personally think Megson favours a fluid 433 system playing a high tempo game. If he is looking to bring in Semedo and Koumas, I can see a middle three of those two plus Prutton. Other central options would be Coke, O'Connor and Palmer. Thats how I think we will play using that solid three man central midfield with three attackers, two wide and one central. That's how I'm reading it and I think it's the perfect system for the squad we are looking to assemble.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

I think Megson will play 4-3-3 consisting of 2 Attacking Mid (possibly Prutton and Koumas) and 1 Defensive Mid (possibly JOC or Semedo), 2 wingers/forwards and 1 lone striker. Which can become a 4-5-1 if needs be when out of position but will be more like 4-1-5 when attacking where the five advanced players will look to penetrate. Prutton will get back in when out of possession, and will be our box-to-box player, a bit like Miller, but with the legs. In saying all that injuries/opposition/etc/etc will always determine Megsons thoughts on a week-to-week basis. But in an ideal world with no injuries I feel Megson would be best going with this formation. But this is just my opinion and I guess one of many-but I guees that's what makes football so good!

--------------------------------------------------------Weaver

Buxton---------------Bath (?)----------------------Jones----------------------------Bennett (?)

------------------------------------------------------Occonnor/Semedo

-----------------------------------Koumas(?)--------------------------------Prutton

----Johnson (?)------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Teale/McIndoe (?)

--------------------------------------------Madine/Morrsion/Scotland (?)/Mellor

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

I think it will be something like that LMH but think he will utilise the strikers as wide attackers, similar to the way we played at the latter end of the season. I didn't like it when we played Madine as a loan striker with two wingers, he was too isolated. We looked much better when the wide players were Mellor and Johnson, all three interchanging and all carrying more of a goal threat. It was only a subtle change but we looked much better as a consequence.

3-4-1-2 it won me the champions league with Wednesday on FIFA :)

Weaver

Buxton, Jones, Beevers/Batth

Semi,Prutton, Koumas/Semedo, D, Jones

JJ

Mellor, Madine

I'm telling ya it's the future, promotion and cup success garunteed :)

Guest scott the owl

Weaver

Buxton

Jones

Batth

Bennett

Johnson

Prutton

Semedo

Weston

Mellor

Scotland

Would like us to sort our left side out and bringing Bennett in at left back and Weston for left wing would add general quality and pace which is a must. Along with Prutton and Semedo in the middle would make us pretty solid which is what megson likes.

Edited by scott the owl

Guest Darkus Owlus

Same here its unbealavable

What's comical is atleast 70% of people on this site were slaughtering his lacklustre pathetic displays all season, then he pencils himself in for a couple more years and its "yer he's got a good engine on him, he'll do alright".

Just wait till people are reminded of just how anonmous he is this coming season and we'll be back to "O'connor is dog poo " again.

He was a massive factor in us having one of the weakest midfields ever seen, nothing has changed.

Guest Saturday Owl

Wouldn't be surprised if he goes with a 4-3-3, but that's only if we can't really strengthen the midfield.

If Koumas and Semedo sign I'd suspect he'd play a solid 4-4-2, however I still think we need another 1 or two wingers, especially if JJ doesn't sign on.

-------------------------------Weaver-------------------------

Semi/Buxton------Batth-----Jones/Beevers-----Bennett

-----------------------------Semedo----------------------------

-------------------Prutton---------------Koumas-------------

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<JJ/McIndoe>>>>>>>>>>>>>

-----------------Mellor-----------------Scotland--------------

I think we will see something similar to this in away games. A defensive midfield player sat in front of the back four, with Prutton and hoefully, Koumas pulling the strings. Another player, either JJ or a new signing will be given a wing role. Two up top would depend if we are able to bring these players in, and also on the outcome of Madine's arrest. We could even go with two wingers in certain games, and just have the one striker. In other games we will have a midfield 4, then I would expect the wide playes to be JJ and Prutton (he's played wide before)

I think in home games we may go for it a bit more.

I would love to see Koumas and Semedo signed, if we got those two, they would be better than anything else in this division.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest Darkus Owlus

-------------------------------Weaver-------------------------

Semi/Buxton------Batth-----Jones/Beevers-----Bennett

-----------------------------Semedo----------------------------

-------------------Prutton---------------Koumas-------------

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<JJ/McIndoe>>>>>>>>>>>>>

-----------------Mellor-----------------Scotland--------------

I think we will see something similar to this in away games. A defensive midfield player sat in front of the back four, with Prutton and hoefully, Koumas pulling the strings. Another player, either JJ or a new signing will be given a wing role. Two up top would depend if we are able to bring these players in, and also on the outcome of Madine's arrest. We could even go with two wingers in certain games, and just have the one striker. In other games we will have a midfield 4, then I would expect the wide playes to be JJ and Prutton (he's played wide before)

I think in home games we may go for it a bit more.

I would love to see Koumas and Semedo signed, if we got those two, they would be better than anything else in this division.

That's a reight team that.

Though we said that last season.....doh!

Jumping the gun on Koumas though?

That's a reight team that.

Though we said that last season.....doh!

Jumping the gun on Koumas though?

Jumping the gun on 3 or 4. :biggrin:

But If we don't get the players in that team, I'm sure Megson will get it right. The player I'm most concerned about is Semedo, if reports are to be believed, then he could be on his way back to Portugal. I think we have a chance with all the others. I also think JJ might be used more as an impact player, I can see him starting on the bench for a lot of away games, unless he suddenly finds a whole new level of consistancy.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

We can't really say until we know who comes in.

As it stands we have a midfield of JOC, Prutton, Palmer, Sedgwick and Teale.......erm......is that it?......have I missed anyone?

Personally, I'm quite worried.......because we need some real quality bringing in or the only tactic available will be long balls to Madine.

We can't really say until we know who comes in.

As it stands we have a midfield of JOC, Prutton, Palmer, Sedgwick and Teale.......erm......is that it?......have I missed anyone?

Personally, I'm quite worried.......because we need some real quality bringing in or the only tactic available will be long balls to Madine.

Coke