Signings

Yes i know the pre season training is approaching and we want the core of the team together for them all to gel and bond (hmm... does that sound a tad gay mate?), but we will be mostly looking to sign free agents this transfer market! Yes Milan has money to spend, but he isn't a mug! If he can get targets for free rather than paying big bucks for players of equal quality then he will go for the free option every time! These free agents will not be officially free until the 30th June so cannot put pen to paper (officially) until after this... plus any decent agent will tell his player to hold on until after the 30th before commiting to a club in case a better offer comes along that will not only benefit the player, but also the agent! Its just simple business, and football is a massive business these days!

Just keep the faith and hang on until after the 30th, then i expect us to start signing quite a few players!

UTO!

That is all!

Because we have nothing really to get excited about at the minute and we are all bored waiting for the new season to start already.

Still, could be worse. We could be blades! I think we'll be laughing at any signings they make this close season

Guest ginnerowl

We must be waiting for the Blunts to release Ryan France then we can snap him up. I know that up to recently our entire club structure was poo poo, but at least we didn't follow their recruitment strategy (please ignore FJ9 for a second)

I think there is something to be said about: 1) Intent i.e. that we mean business this time round and we going to be contending at the right end of the table 2) momentum i.e. a couple of good signings will do wonders for season ticket and day ticket sales - early signings have an impact on both these things

Guest Sniper1

I think there is something to be said about: 1) Intent i.e. that we mean business this time round and we going to be contending at the right end of the table 2) momentum i.e. a couple of good signings will do wonders for season ticket and day ticket sales - early signings have an impact on both these things

Im being a simpleton, i can't work out if you are for or against early signings.

I think you are for early signings, if you are then we couldn't have got much earlier last season and we were poo poo.

The Optimism of a few good signings closer to the first game will carry the boost into the first game.

If the big signings are too early then the euphoria dies down.

Yep, good OP. Remember a few years back when we signed a load of frees (Grant, Burch and Hinds were among them) it wasn't announced until first day of pre-season training.

As for paying fees, I'm sure we're waiting to see how much we're paying in wages first before splashing more cash. I think Megson said there would be 2 or 3 costing money (bids obviously been reported for Green and Mellor.)

The way I see it, we rushed into making lots of high-profile signings last season, announcing a new name seemingly almost every week, yet that didn't work at all for us - despite the vast majority of people on here at the time thinking most of them were good-to-excellent additions.

This year I can relax knowing that it doesn't matter what I think about our transfer dealings, since I was so completely wrong about being happy with last year's captures. I'm free to let Megson get on with his job without having to worry about who he's bringing in, as the only time I'll be able to suggest that he's done a poor job is if we're not comfortably in the top six and playing well by Christmas. Worrying before then (unless we're playing properly awful for the first few weeks of the season) is pointless.

It's quite nice not having to worry about SWFC for a change, knowing we've got people in charge who know what they're doing in this business.

The spirerites have signed Mark Randall from Arsenal Good signing that

Hope you're being well rewarded for trolling this site. You never know you might get up to the next level. Keep that trouser leg rolled up. F*cking w*anker.

Guest bartos

The spirerites have signed Mark Randall from Arsenal Good signing that

On what basis? How many times you seen him play? When, where?

Guest Saturday Owl

On what basis? How many times you seen him play? When, where?

Was on loan at Rotherham United last season, didn't impress many people.

Only seen and read a bit about Randall, probably when he was on loan at Burnley wasn't it Seems to have lost his way a bit yeah, but I'd say he was a good signing for Chesterfield, wouldn't you? Not suggesting he could do a job for us though.