1,000 AWAY TICKETS AT CHEZZY ?

Guest intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

Sorry i cannot find a link to it yet, but inside the back page of this mornings star is an article that says that Chesterfield are currently looking at ways of how they are going to segregate supporters at the Hairnet stadium this season, and one of the options being considered is to limit the away allocation to just 1,000 tickets.

Now with Ourselves, Blunts, Huddersfield, Notts county to name just a few who will travel in greater numbers than 1,000 with or without tickets can i just through the words of the Kaiser Chiefs just place on record that., "I PREDICT A RIOT, Chezzy big club my arse.

Guest intercity0wl

I suppose it depends on how many season tickets they will sell, if they can sell there own tickets then good look to them

Four thousand S/T sales so far suggests the away allocation could remain the same as last season.

can understand why there doing it though.

Why have 400 MK Dons fans sat in a 2000 seater stand when there is demand from the home section for the extra 1000 they are planning.

But they would be stupid to only give us 1000 tickets.

Guest intercity0wl

Those games will be sell outs.

You can't expect turn down their own supporters in favour of giving the away team a bigger allocation.

We'd all do it, if we thought that we could sell enough

In an ideal world i agree, but with the short service bus ride to Chezzy available for a small percentage of a Chavs pocket money allownace, i think chesterfield plod may well be much happier having them in the ground than them doing retail therapy in the adjacent Tesco.

Im not saying its wrong giving away supporters less tickets to accomodate home fans, im just saying its safer to try and accomodate inside the ground as many as possible of the Away following who WILL travel with or without match tickets.

Those games will be sell outs.

You can't expect turn down their own supporters in favour of giving the away team a bigger allocation.

We'd all do it, if we thought that we could sell enough

That's why there are league rules to stop clubs doing this. There's a minimum percentage of capacity that clubs have to offer to the away team. I believe in League One it's 15%, but I'd be extremely surprised if it was lower than 10% as a minimum, which would still require them to give out more than a thousand tickets (only just, mind, their stadium is tiny don't forget).

Guest BoomTownOwls

What a condescending OP.

First of all, I don't think Chesterfield have ever claimed to be big club.

Secondly, if they can sell out to their own supporters then good luck to them. The home end sold out on 3 occasions towards the end of the season, therefore it is fair to say it will do frequently in League One.

Despite what people say there will not be many away fans in the home end simply because the demand is there from home supporters. Therefore, I would be amazed if they don't cash in by having some mini ticket package around the matches for the two Sheffield clubs.

Good on them!

In an ideal world i agree, but with the short service bus ride to Chezzy available for a small percentage of a Chavs pocket money allownace, i think chesterfield plod may well be much happier having them in the ground than them doing retail therapy in the adjacent Tesco.

Im not saying its wrong giving away supporters less tickets to accomodate home fans, im just saying its safer to try and accomodate inside the ground as many as possible of the Away following who WILL travel with or without match tickets.

Big town Chessi are actually buling a footpath from the train station, along a duel carridgeway to the Been 2 Better stadium all because Port Vale fans ran riot in the town centre last season

Guest highamowl

small town club, small town allocation. What else are we to expect when visiting these tin pot places?? unfortunately this is one of the problems of the league we are in

Guest locky

It wee wees me right off esp when we get a buss stop allocation and miss it because of that and no one in this league gets that problem with us