Owls in good shape!

Owls in good shape!

First time i've ever started a thread, but i'm so impressed with the job the medical team at Hillsborough have done, this season especially. It doesn't seem so many seasons ago that we had an almost permanent "injury crisis" at Hillsborough. So to see a 90%+ availability rate for players is excellent.

Well done to Paul Smith and all the team!

:biggrin:

Could well be that too Plonk! These sort of results being attributed to the medical team are also another string to Wednesdays bow in recruitment terms.

Prospective new recruits want to know that their main assett (their bodies) are going to be looked after properly. As do clubs when looking at accepting loan requests. Chelsea are hardly going to send a promising youngster if they think the medical team cant look after their assett!

It gives current players (and dare i say it) mangers less excuse for poor performances.

I fully agree with you.

IMO Lee Strafford also deserves some credit for having the forsight to improve this area of the club too.

and also HOWARD WILKINSON who will no doubt have told LS of the virtues of having an 'alan smith' type around

I fully agree with you.

IMO Lee Strafford also deserves some credit for having the forsight to improve this area of the club too.

If LS improved this area of the club,which i doubt,then its a 1st for him.

why have people still got their head up that losers arse me wonders.

Guest Big Guns

I fully agree with you.

[/qu

im lost 4 words i realy am

I fully agree with you.

Absolutely. This was delivered during his stint as Chairman. I'm sure he would have encouraged the use of flags to improve the matchday experience too. He was big on improving that.

Well i for one would thank LS everytime i buy a ticket on line instead of having time off work and queing in the rain

Guest Saturday Owl

Strafford made some decent changes while here, he deserves a lot of credit.

Obviously the 'less educated' people like big guns wouldn't see things like this.

Obviously the 'less educated' people like big guns wouldn't see things like this.

Exactly, Lee Strafford did everything within his power to grow the club organically. This included addressing the injury problem - which everyone naively tought was some kind of gypsy curse - by installing a proper team to manage the situation effectively. Can't remember off the top of my head, but I'm sure we just had one physio at the club before?! The results of this growth speak for themselves.

Obviously, if you don't know anything about how a football club works beyond the starting 11 (admittedly the most important factor) then you'll not be aware of the good things Lee did.

Strafford's only problem was he didn't have Milan's millions to plough into the first team - but then he never made out this to be the case.

What he did do, though, was he worked his gonads off (for free) to grow key areas of the club which had previously been neglected. He also started the process of removing the very people who had done the neglecting and allowed the club to get into the state it was. Both these things helped to make way for Milan, who I believe wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the work started by Lee Strafford (and finished off by Howard Wilkinson), and for this I will be eternally grateful.

Sorry for going slightly off topic but I just felt this thread needed a bit of balance.

Sensible people in appreciate honest effort and determination, shock.

Guest Big Guns

the less educated people like me and strafford who went to the same school as me by the way ,no that all the changes made were just common rumbleing sense changes ,it wasnt rocket science ,im more intrested in milans changes ,like scouting ,the accademy and buying decent rumbleing players.

Guest Big Guns

Another lasting legacy of LS.

If it was just common sense why didn't his predecessors' do it?

erm let me think oh yea cos they didnt have any :huh: