Are we in for Alfie?

Guest Sheff Owl

I have no idea at all why any Sheffield Wednesday fan would want Adam Le Fondre.

He simply isn't good enough and has found his level. Let the Pigs sign him.

And he's a mardy arse when he doesn't get his own way.....No thanks

Calm down, dear.

What is it with Wednesday supporters? I'm a member of Wednesdayite, and of the Owls Foundation. I used to be a member of the Supporters Club and a "member" of SWFC. I'm a season ticket holder.

All these things mean only one thing...I love Wednesday and want to support/help in any way I can. The purpose of the forum is for dedicated Wednesday supporters to liase with the chairman and ask questions about the future. Milan is more than happy to do this.

Can't we all just stick together and collectively get us out of the mess we've had to endure for the last 15 years.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

journalists look for a story and don't always never 100% accurately report what was said

Edited by Briscoe Inferno

Jesus wept talk about an over reaction.

It's only a fans forum for Wednesdayite members, just like any other event for any other sort of club or organisation, If your not in the organisation you can't go!

He's only going to tell Wednesdayite members what he'd tell any other fan!

Jesus wept talk about an over reaction.

It's only a fans forum for Wednesdayite members, just like any other event for any other sort of club or organisation, If your not in the organisation you can't go!

He's only going to tell Wednesdayite members what he'd tell any other fan!

The article implies that they expect to know more and want to influence decision-making on GM's transfer targets.

It must be true it's in The Star.

I was going to join Wednesdayite after some good responses to my recently asked questions.

Not going to bother though if they just carry on trying to cause trouble and telling the club what it should and shouldn't be doing especially when it comes to which players GM should go for.

The compleat angler...

The article implies that they expect to know more and want to influence decision-making on GM's transfer targets.

It must be true it's in The Star.

Well I am a member of Wednesdayite and all I can say is, it's not what I want and it's not what I expect.

I think Wednesdayite is a good voice to make people be made accountable, but MM has nothing to be accountable too. If he increased ticket prices by 60% then maybe he would.

At this moment MM and MM will make the decisions and I doubt that fans will influence him much over big isuess only people around him.

Guest fatherjack

one wonders why we was in a such a frigging mess before MM came in, this thread goes along way to answer it

The compleat angler...

I'll admit to playing devil's advocate a bit here but this thread does demonstrate that Wednedayite does still have a problem with their image across the wider fanbase.

I liked the WTID initiative, the branding and what it stood for and aimed to do and it's a pity that Wednesdayite couldn't be relaunched with that sort of identity and remit.

Unfortunately, WTID's name has also suffered since they ran off with the money they raised to save the club*

Maybe the question should be asked tonight of what role MM feels Wednesdayite (or similar) should have at the club and then take it from there.

*Only joking :ph34r:

Guest Big Guns

one wonders why we was in a such a frigging mess before MM came in, this thread goes along way to answer it

yes flip me i bet wednesdatite signed potter ,and joc ,oh ffkin hell and jeffers :ohmy:

Guest fatherjack

yes flip me i bet wednesdatite signed potter ,and joc ,oh ffkin hell and jeffers :ohmy:

dont forget odonnell, donelly, jonk, hinchcliffe and the rest who raped this club

Guest Big Guns

dont forget odonnell, donelly, jonk, hinchcliffe and the rest who raped this club

its true wednesdaytit have a lot to answer to i challenge MIlan to challenge them about there part in these signings :mellow:

Sheffield Wednesday supporters group Wednesdayite will tonight challenge Owls chairman Milan Mandaric about whether Millers frontman Adam Le Fondre is on the club’s transfer hitlist.

Manager gary megson has already given Mandaric a list of six players he would like to bring to the club for next season with the Rotherham United frontman likely to attract attention after scoring 24 goals in 43 starts during the current campaign.

The transfer target question will be among a number of issues raised by Wednesdayite members when they meet Mandaric for the first time since the multi-millionaire saved the club from administration last December.

Richard Davies, a director of Wednesdayite, says Mandaric will receive a warm welcome but must expect to be quizzed by Owls fans about how much he is willing to invest to get the club challenging for promotion next season.

He said: “We’ve not had the opportunity to meet with Mr Mandaric since he took control of the club last year.

“He has hosted a fans forum but this will be the first time he has met with Wednesdayite.

“What our members ask is down to them but I’d imagine they’d be keen to know how much he will be willing to spend during the summer.

“We’d imagine gary megson will be working with a League One budget after the Tommy Miller situation.

“He is sure to be asked who are the six names on the list that Megson has given him.”

Adam Le Fondre’s name has been banded about on various forums and amongst supporters.”

Current loan players would be popular signings, said Davies: “Danny Batth looks very accomplished at this level so he’d be one who I’d like to see back.

“Another is Neil Mellor, who has divided opinion with fans. But 20 goals is a good achievement. Mr Mandaric saved our club from extinction. We’re very pleased with both him and gary megson.”

Whether Mandaric reveals the list or not is down to the Serbian’s discretion.

Le Fondre had an excellent first half of the season before falling out of favour.

A brace at Aldershot on Saturday marked his return to the Millers line-up and new boss Andy Scott is already saying he can make him even better.

The meeting, in the 1867 lounge at Hillsborough, starts at 7.30pm and is open to Wednesdayite members only.

It would be nice to know if we are trying to get a tough tackling midfield player or at least do we think we need one. Someone who is NOT afraid to get stuck in, win the ball and just give it - keep it simple. For too long now we have lacked this, we have had teams take the wee wee out of us just passing it around us and though us while we just seemed to watch. JOC tries yes but IMO he is not the answer.

Im in Wednesdayite BUT if anyone even asks and then gets narky cos Milan doesnt tell us who we are in for i will be very angory indeed. We dont want other clubs knowing our transfer buisness and you know some prat will come straight on here to tell the world. We are fans and sometimes we dont have a right to demand who we are in for and some other things aswell and this is one of those times.

NO...promotion next season is a mans job...not a small boys...

why do some think we should recruit players from half a mile away...

search the land not the bus route...milans money is good from newcastle to exeter and beyond...

stop looking for the solution in the back garden... lol

Guest fatherjack

its true wednesdaytit have a lot to answer to i challenge MIlan to challenge them about there part in these signings :mellow:

looking forward to his reply if you pose the question