Coke

Palmer ( Loan out )

JO'B

Sweeney

Madine

Mellor

Hannah

Agyemang

That'd leave a squad of 23 which is the number Megson & MM are looking for I believe

Probably be two players out for each player brought in, as we do have a fairly big squad.

I would not be surprised to see these players gone:

Spurr

Reynolds

Clinton

Heffernan

Teale

Sedgwick

Hinds

Coke

I would be happy seeing us have a core of 16-18 quality players for this level, supplemented by youth and loan players.

I think I'd get rid of all but the following:

Weaver - don't really need to explain this one

O'Donnell, Jameson - solid deputies for Weaver

Otsemobor - if he can develop his positional sense he will be a great right back... After Monday, I'd be tempted to see how he does right midfield. That cross for Mellor's first on Monday was sublime.

Buxton - even when he was getting slated last year I rated him. This season he's been one of our best players.

Reda - good prospect, great athlete, good tackler. needs to work on positional sense and passing though.

M.Morrison, Reynolds - might not have had good starts here, but have not really been given a fair chance yet

D. Jones - looks fairly solid at left back

Palmer - good prospect - worth keeping as a fringe squad player and see if he develops any more

Potter :ph34r: - Good footballer technically, needs beastly ball winner next to him though

Madine - brilliant player. wins nearly every aerial challenge he goes up for, sublime first touch, brings others into the game when he holds the ball up. Can play the lone striker role as well.

Mellor - he may be stocky but he's quite quick and he definately knows where the net is, would definately try and sign him permantently

Still undecided on:

Beevers - I still think he could develop into a good centre half

R.Jones - Looks solid but always seems to be struggling for pace, think I'd see if anyone else was available before trying to sign him on.

J.Johnson - Had a good game Monday but never sure which JJ is going to turn up.

G.Coke - Not sure I'd keep him as anything other than a squad player.

I'd get rid of:

Hinds - time he moved on. good lad but never really quick enough. League Two is probably his level at this stage of his career.

Spurr - can't fault desire or work rate but not quick enough and always seems to get run ragged by any winger that has quick feet.

JoC - gets to every challenge a split second too late although can't fault effort

Teale - just don't think he is that good.

Sedgwick - getting on a bit

C.Morrison - legs gone

Heff - is he really good enough?

out:

Hinds

O'Conner

Miller

Spurr

Beevers

Theres loads more that should go however they were all signed on 2 year + deals

Does anyone know the breakdown of when players contracts are up?

Beevers wont go. Megson clearly rates his potential.

Guest lindley

Everyone seems to be forgetting about Batth. Get rid of MM and if wolves don't use him next season, bring him in. He's been class while he's been here and a good young talent for the future.

Guest DSC_UK

I think we will be allowing a lot of players to go out on loan especially if clubs will pay some if not all of the players wages as it will be cheaper than releasing them eg: Morrison, Heff, Potter, Sedgwick, Reynolds, Spurr, Beevers.

Agree with 90% of that Stokey.

Unsure about your comments on Rob Jones, I think he is a beast and just what we need.

Maybe. He looks solid but I just worry that if he comes up against a forward with pace he'll be torn a new one. A lot of his defending on Monday seemed to be last ditch when someone with a little more pace would have made it look alot more comfortable.

Guest inman

Im hoping the ones released are- O'Connor, Miller, Potter, Sedgwick, Hinds, Heffernan, C.Morrison, Spurr, Teale.

I would be undecided with Reynolds & M.Morrison.

Most of those listed above have no quality or are not what we need at this club.

There NEEDS to be a big clearout!!!

Same for me with one exception I would def let Reynolds go.

Guest ionowl

I think I'd get rid of all but the following:

Weaver - don't really need to explain this one

O'Donnell, Jameson - solid deputies for Weaver

Otsemobor - if he can develop his positional sense he will be a great right back... After Monday, I'd be tempted to see how he does right midfield. That cross for Mellor's first on Monday was sublime.

Buxton - even when he was getting slated last year I rated him. This season he's been one of our best players.

Reda - good prospect, great athlete, good tackler. needs to work on positional sense and passing though.

M.Morrison, Reynolds - might not have had good starts here, but have not really been given a fair chance yet

D. Jones - looks fairly solid at left back

Palmer - good prospect - worth keeping as a fringe squad player and see if he develops any more

Potter :ph34r: - Good footballer technically, needs beastly ball winner next to him though

Madine - brilliant player. wins nearly every aerial challenge he goes up for, sublime first touch, brings others into the game when he holds the ball up. Can play the lone striker role as well.

Mellor - he may be stocky but he's quite quick and he definately knows where the net is, would definately try and sign him permantently

Still undecided on:

Beevers - I still think he could develop into a good centre half

R.Jones - Looks solid but always seems to be struggling for pace, think I'd see if anyone else was available before trying to sign him on.

J.Johnson - Had a good game Monday but never sure which JJ is going to turn up.

G.Coke - Not sure I'd keep him as anything other than a squad player.

I'd get rid of:

Hinds - time he moved on. good lad but never really quick enough. League Two is probably his level at this stage of his career.

Spurr - can't fault desire or work rate but not quick enough and always seems to get run ragged by any winger that has quick feet.

JoC - gets to every challenge a split second too late although can't fault effort

Teale - just don't think he is that good.

Sedgwick - getting on a bit

C.Morrison - legs gone

Heff - is he really good enough?

Good attakcer, shocking defensively though

The problem is that the team who have won the last few games consists in the main of loan signings and players who are out of contract in the summer.

The players who have contracts, and will therefore be difficult to offload ,are in the main not in the team and it seems not up to the standard required.

Very few of them will attract other clubs , certainly not for any fee and probably not on the wages we are paying them.

Therefore they will go nowhere and we have a big problem

Tobe fair it is a problem we have had for years, remember the 3 scottish wonder players Mr Wilson signed, and there is no easy way out of it.

It wee wees me off how this club is continually saddled by different managers with players who are not up to scratch yet continue to pick up good money.

Same for me with one exception I would def let Reynolds go.

I don't get posts like this? The guy has come here and been pretty naff, fair enough.

Do you honestly think that Walter Smith was daft enough to offer a million for him if he was crap?

We have started to see improvements in some players under Megson. Reda the most recent example.

They all came here with promise and if he gets rid of a few then fair enough.

If they stay though and get a good pre-season under their belt alongside some new signings then we might see a better side of them.

Why is everyone assuming we can't buy Batth, he has proven himself along with Jones that he is quality and consistent at this level. None of our other centre backs have done this. Wolves are likely to be relegated so will need to re-evaluate there finances. Milan is a wealthy man and if ambitious will realise that it's players of Batth's quality we need to progress up the leagues. He should also realise that he is young and that although he may cost a lot now there is a good chance that he can make money on his investment if he was to sell him on later. Take a risk like we did with Reynolds Morrison and Johnson and your investment fails. This guy has proven himself so sign him

Out of contract:-

Buxton ( Keep)

Hinds (Release)

JOC (Release)

Miller (Release)

JJ (Keep)

loans set to expire;

Nicholls-Not needed

Batth- let him go back, no chance of a perm deal, and were overloaded in this area so no need wasting a loan.

Jones- Try and sign

JO'B- id try and get him in, fitness permitting.

Mellor- Get him in now, POS by far.

Transfer List the following ( hopefully someone will take them)

D Jones

Reynolds

Spurr

Potter

Sedgwick

Teale

Heffernan

C Morrison

Target....

Julian Bennett- good LB from Nottm For, on a free.

Dean Cox- Leyton Orient I believe, can play either wing, great crosser of a ball

Hugo Colace-Barnsley, can play def/att mid role, he would rule this division.

Myles Weston- Brentford, similar player to JJ

Antony Sweeney- Hartlepool, can play midfield/attack, goalscorer, exp at this level.

Jose Semedo- Defensive anchor man, played at higher level. Athletic, ball winner.

Ross Hannah-Matlock, 52 goals this year, wouldnt mind sittin on bench as cover for Madine/Mellor, would want to make a name for himself, could be the next C Austin.

Patrick Agyemang-will be surplus at QPR, bags of pace, something our attack lacks. Offer a different dimension.

I agree with all except for the Mellor comment.

He is dog turd at best

13 league goals!

Scored in only a hand full of games.

Scores some great goals but can't finish the simplest of chances.

Edited by zakswfc