The summer ins and outs

Guest foreverSWFC

Guest foreverSWFC

Apologies for starting another one of these, but listening to Megson i don't think there will be a wholesale clear out at Hlsborough in the summer.

I know alot of people a few weeks back slaughtered me for saying a clearout is not what will happen, but i get the impression Megson will keep hold of the majority of the squad.

I can see Potter, Hinds, Spurr, D.Jones, Sedgwick and Heffernan (annoyingly) all going.

So, i can see only 2 or 3 players being added to the squad next season.

Thoughts?

Im hoping the ones released are- O'Connor, Miller, Potter, Sedgwick, Hinds, Heffernan, C.Morrison, Spurr, Teale.

I would be undecided with Reynolds & M.Morrison.

Most of those listed above have no quality or are not what we need at this club.

There NEEDS to be a big clearout!!!

Edited by owls85

Apologies for starting another one of these, but listening to Megson i don't think there will be a wholesale clear out at Hlsborough in the summer.

I know alot of people a few weeks back slaughtered me for saying a clearout is not what will happen, but i get the impression Megson will keep hold of the majority of the squad.

I can see Potter, Hinds, Spurr, D.Jones, Sedgwick and Heffernan (annoyingly) all going.

So, i can see only 2 or 3 players being added to the squad next season.

Thoughts?

Was thinking the same thing. If you look at the possible team:

--------- Weaver -------------

Semi --- (Jones) --- Reda ----- ?

(JJ) ----- (Miller) ----- ? ------ ?

--- Madine ------ (Mellor)

I we signed the above , we'd only really need 3 more, plus giving Buxton a new contract as well.

I think that it's way too expensive to cancel loads of contracts and therefore we'll have to try and get "a season" out of most of them.

I'd be surprised if O Connor isnt offered a 1 year deal at least as Megson clearly rates him.

Potter will be here until his contract expires, unless it can be terminated to make some room.

Hinds is clearly on the move, he could even retire with his law degree, and Heffernan will probably end up at Bristol Rovers or something, part of a deal for Hoskins anyone?

Wouldnt be surprised if Megson tries to move on the likes of Jones and maybe even Coke if possible, as work rate and attitude are the order of the day for him, he seems to know who fits the bill in that respect.

Think we've seen the last of Spurr, and although he's tied down to a contract, Reynolds could end up back in Scotland, on loan or otherwise.

At least the summer wont be boring at Hillsborough.

Semi --- (Jones) --- Reda ----- Buxton

(JJ) ----- (Miller) ----- Coke ------ JPM / Kazenga Lua-Lua

I we signed the above , we'd only really need 3 more, plus giving Buxton a new contract as well.

I think that it's way too expensive to cancel loads of contracts and therefore we'll have to try and get "a season" out of most of them.

I'd like to see Buxton play as he's done well this season, but playing on the left it's beneficial to have a left footed player. GM was encouraging Buxton to get forward more which is always difficult when it's not the side of the pitch you'd naturally cross from .

Semi --- (Jones) --- Reda ----- ?

(JJ) ----- (Miller) ----- ? ------ ?

Its vital that Buxton gets a new deal sorted out i think,

Then a pacy winger, a real commanding centre mid plus Mellor and 1 more forward to keep Madine on his toes, think he needs it.

Be sorted then, could have a really good side.

Guest domSWFC

I think we have a solid enough base already so I don't think we need to get rid of too many. We just need a few players to add some quality and cutting edge in midfield and a leader at the back.

The ones I would get rid of are:

C.Morrison

D.Jones - Did well for Bristol Rovers so would it be worth offering him as a part exchange for Hoskins?

Potter

O'Connor

Hinds

As I have said in another thread, our current form with this squad has become quite reasonable albeit against some poor opposition. But this means with a few quality signings this can be raised to promotiuon form for next year.

The squad needs to be smaller, so that with a few new faces in, will mean a number of departures.

Guest scott the owl

Weaver

Otsemobor

Jones

Johnson

Buxton

Johnson

Miller

Bean

Bolasie

Madine

Rhodes

Subs; O'Donnell, Beevers, Coke, Weston, Mcgovern, M Morrison, Mellor? or Hoskins

i think we must sign jones, and mellor.

Offer buxton and jj new deals.

And we need a left winger 2 cms and a striker probly hoskins if not le fondre

I would release crab, c. Morrison heff and sedgwick

I'd love Hoskins, but Le Fondre can stay where he is i think..

Would rather steal Davies from Chesterfield ahead of ALF.

Out of contract:-

Buxton ( Keep)

Hinds (Release)

JOC (Release)

Miller (Release)

JJ (Keep)

loans set to expire;

Nicholls-Not needed

Batth- let him go back, no chance of a perm deal, and were overloaded in this area so no need wasting a loan.

Jones- Try and sign

JO'B- id try and get him in, fitness permitting.

Mellor- Get him in now, POS by far.

Transfer List the following ( hopefully someone will take them)

D Jones

Reynolds

Spurr

Potter

Sedgwick

Teale

Heffernan

C Morrison

Target....

Julian Bennett- good LB from Nottm For, on a free.

Dean Cox- Leyton Orient I believe, can play either wing, great crosser of a ball

Hugo Colace-Barnsley, can play def/att mid role, he would rule this division.

Myles Weston- Brentford, similar player to JJ

Antony Sweeney- Hartlepool, can play midfield/attack, goalscorer, exp at this level.

Jose Semedo- Defensive anchor man, played at higher level. Athletic, ball winner.

Ross Hannah-Matlock, 52 goals this year, wouldnt mind sittin on bench as cover for Madine/Mellor, would want to make a name for himself, could be the next C Austin.

Patrick Agyemang-will be surplus at QPR, bags of pace, something our attack lacks. Offer a different dimension.