Barry Corr

Guest foreverSWFC

Guest foreverSWFC

Notice he is scoring alot of goals for Southend under Sturrock. I remember he promised great things when we signed him as a young lad from leeds i think.

Probably get mullered for this, but worth a gamble as a big centre forward type of player? :biggrin:

Guest foreverSWFC

Being serious though, i saw Barry alot of times in the reserves and he looked a real prospect, but i know he has had a lot of trouble with his back. My mate is a Southend fan and reckons a league one club will snap him up next season.

Reminds me a bit like Grant Holt who we all said was rubbish, now who is banging them in for ra premier league bound Norwich.

Guest foreverSWFC

flip me.

Why? People are suggesting the likes of Clayton Donaldson, Cody McDonald etc. Why not Barry Corr who is doing just as good as them in league 2.

Why? People are suggesting the likes of Clayton Donaldson, Cody McDonald etc. Why not Barry Corr who is doing just as good as them in league 2.

It's Barry Corr.

He played the same number of games for us as Mark Crossley and guess what.... Crossley has a better goal scoring record for us.

I mean good luck to the lad, he's doing well at Southend, i hope that he manages to get a crack at an higher level and hopefully he will do well. I personally don't think we should go back for players that we've had that have failed and failed miserably. It will not send out the right statement, especially to the fans.

Forget Barry Corr and leave him to forever be in a few peoples top five worst ever Wednesday strikers.

It's Barry Corr.

He played the same number of games for us as Mark Crossley and guess what.... Crossley has a better goal scoring record for us.

I mean good luck to the lad, he's doing well at Southend, i hope that he manages to get a crack at an higher level and hopefully he will do well. I personally don't think we should go back for players that we've had that have failed and failed miserably. It will not send out the right statement, especially to the fans.

Forget Barry Corr and leave him to forever be in a few peoples top five worst ever Wednesday strikers.

laugh.gif

Notice he is scoring alot of goals for Southend under Sturrock. I remember he promised great things when we signed him as a young lad from leeds i think.

Probably get mullered for this, but worth a gamble as a big centre forward type of player? :biggrin:

you"re not phucking joking are you? :huh:

Doubt he'll be the next Grant Holt

Barry Corr is a trier, he'll put a shift in, he'll graft, he'll sweat for the club, and you'll know when he comes off he can't have tried harder.

The thing is, his hardest is worse then our current crop of strikers when they can't be arsed.

Liked the lad when he was with us for effort, knew he had to go for his quality. He won't get any better if he steps up a level, he'll be out of his depth. Shame, because he had the right attitude.

Doubt he'll be the next Grant Holt

I remember a lot of fans being upset when Grant Holt left.

I certainly was, he wasn't given enough of a chance. Admittedly I said the same of a left winger who's name I now forget, who we bought at the same time as Holt, and he's gone on to do nothing, BUT you could see Holt had a hunger and an eye for goal, lacked a certain quality, but made up for it with instinct and guile. Definately one we should not have let get away, especially after picking him up in the manner we did.

Being serious though, i saw Barry alot of times in the reserves and he looked a real prospect, but i know he has had a lot of trouble with his back. My mate is a Southend fan and reckons a league one club will snap him up next season.

Reminds me a bit like Grant Holt who we all said was rubbish, now who is banging them in for ra premier league bound Norwich.

Don't agree that we all thought Holt was rubbish, he came from non league Barrow was young raw and naive but he still scored a few goals for us, was never given the chance to develop here, was sold on so we could but Kim Olsen. Now to call Olsen rubbish is to flatter him, probably the worse striker we have ever had and that takes some doing.

Don't agree that we all thought Holt was rubbish, he came from non league Barrow was young raw and naive but he still scored a few goals for us, was never given the chance to develop here, was sold on so we could but Kim Olsen. Now to call Olsen rubbish is to flatter him, probably the worse striker we have ever had and that takes some doing.

Some people forget Chris Waddle came from Tow Law, via such illustrias clubs such as Spurs and Marseille before joining us.

The much less travveled Andy Pearce from Halesowen town (a hod carrier, no less)

Why should Wednesday accept non league players? They can't do a job for us, we are far better then that.

Some people forget Chris Waddle came from Tow Law, via such illustrias clubs such as Spurs and Marseille before joining us.

The much less travveled Andy Pearce from Halesowen town (a hod carrier, no less)

Why should Wednesday accept non league players? They can't do a job for us, we are far better then that.

The irony, the absolute irony of whoever gave me minus 1 for that.

Stuart Pearce, Michael Kightly, Ian Wright, just a few others who spring to mind who came via non league.

Some players can't perform under a weight of expectation. Sadly, Corr appears to be one of them.

He's had his chance and it passed him by, which is a shame for the lad, but that's life.

It's difficult to see, with Madine currently producing the goods, how Corr would fit into our thinking if we're trying to improve our forward options. I suspect we'll be looking for better quality footballers.

On the subject of Grant Holt, even before we released him I said he would go on to be a good player. Obviously, when I said it, I suspected that would be for us.

Any player who gives 100% in each game he plays, has a head start in the game. I mention this prior to watching how gary megson's recruitments unfold as I suspect we'll see a few with Grant Holt's attitude joining us for next season.

In Milan and Gary we trust and all that jazz.

Guest Manwithastick

Barry Corr is a trier, he'll put a shift in, he'll graft, he'll sweat for the club, and you'll know when he comes off he can't have tried harder.

The thing is, his hardest is worse then our current crop of strikers when they can't be arsed.

Liked the lad when he was with us for effort, knew he had to go for his quality. He won't get any better if he steps up a level, he'll be out of his depth. Shame, because he had the right attitude.

Effort? Not only did Barry Corr not manage a goal in 17 SWFC appearances, he didn't manage a single on target effort in his time here either. Makes Enoch Showumini look

as prolific as Messi*.

*okay, perhaps not (0 in 10).