New outlook - Players to stay ....Players to go

Weaver - Great keeper in his time ............ Obviously staying but is he good enough. Will be a bench player next year. STAY

O'Donnell .... For me this kid looks a real prospect ......... will expect regular football next year and will get it. STAY

Semi ........ The best right back in the division. Not had a great season, bad injuries. But with a proper centre half next to him Semi will attract the attention of Championship clubs (maybe Premiership) STAY

Buxton ........ Can't praise him highly enough. After suffering dogs abuse last year Lewis has proved many wrong with some excellent displays. An excellent utility player, right back left back, centre half even a holding midfielder Im sure. These players are worth their weight in gold a definite STAY

Reynolds ..... Not seen much but I am not convinced hes good enough ...... looks a little lightweight for HILLSBOROUGH. To be fair not really seen enough ........ GO

M.Morrison ...... Probably a decent squad player again as above not seen enough of. STAY

Reda Johnson ...... Looked terrible with Beevers but brilliant with Baath. Theres the dilemma is he good enough. I think he is but needs better players alongside him. KEEP

Spurr ......... Can't knock Tommys attitude or spirit. However if he ever pulls a shirt on again for Wednesday I will be astounded. Megson has recognised Tommy is not a footballer and we can't afford to play him. Harsh I know ........... GO

Baath .......... Can we have this guy for another season ......PLEEEEEASSE. Wednesdays best centre half in a decade as said before. Probably GO but please let him STAY

R Jones .......... His centre half display with BAATH was pure class ......... can we sign him?? not sure hope so. Will be a great Captain for us if he stays.. STAY

D.Jones ......... Another good squad player ......... pace to burn and can play in a variety of positions. STAY but will probably GO

Miller ......... I know he can be a match winner ........ fails to produce on a regular basis. Injury prone and a little slow now. I am afraid there are better midfielders around. GO

Potter ........ Obviously not a fans favorite....... needs a move away for his sake as well as ours. I'm sure with the fans on his side he will play much better. GO

O'Connor ......... Three weeks ago I would have said GO. After some brilliant performances over the last few games his bite and enthusiasm would be missed. STAY

Sedgewick ....... Simply not good enough. Obviosly a favorite of Mr Irvine. When hes on the teamsheet it doesnt inspire you. GO

JJ ...... See O'Connor. His enthusiasm and work rate over the last few games have been nothing short of miraculous. A much better player when hes not sulking and getting down to actually earning his wages. His tackling back has been the main feature for me, a much better player. Lets face it he IS our best player no doubt. Well done MEGSON for changing him. STAY

Coke ...... What has happened to Coke. One minute a definite starter. Megson comes in and doesn't get a game. I'm convinced he has a huge future at HILLSBOROUGH. Has he had issues with MEGSON?? He will rekindle his enthusiasm next season and become the mainstay of our midfield. STAY

Teale ...... mmm difficult. Getting stick off the crowd. But to be fair never gives up. Always eager to have a go at the opposition defence. Will he win HILLSBOROUGH over mmm I think he porobably will. STAY but will probably GO

Heffernan ..... Oh dear poor old HEFF. One of my favorites this year, but that really does say it all. FEED THE HEFF and all that. He' going to go somewhere and probably score against us next year. WILL GO

Madine ........ Getting better the more I watch him. Needs a proper striker with pace alongside next season. STAY

Clinton ........ ????? GO

Mellor ........ For me it was another LAZY signing by Mr Irvine ...I know hes scored a few ......... I know he can have good games. However he aint good enough .....For me too slow and can't head it ..... GO

All in all our squad is not too bad ......... the addition of two or three strikers with pace will turn us into a table topping side.... NO QUESTION.

We have the chairman .......... we have the manager .......... we have the fans ............ we have the players (almost)

Guest BoomTownOwls

Weaver - Great keeper in his time ............ Obviously staying but is he good enough. Will be a bench player next year. STAY

O'Donnell .... For me this kid looks a real prospect ......... will expect regular football next year and will get it. STAY

Semi ........ The best right back in the division. Not had a great season, bad injuries. But with a proper centre half next to him Semi will attract the attention of Championship clubs (maybe Premiership) STAY

Buxton ........ Can't praise him highly enough. After suffering dogs abuse last year Lewis has proved many wrong with some excellent displays. An excellent utility player, right back left back, centre half even a holding midfielder Im sure. These players are worth their weight in gold a definite STAY

Reynolds ..... Not seen much but I am not convinced hes good enough ...... looks a little lightweight for HILLSBOROUGH. To be fair not really seen enough ........ GO

M.Morrison ...... Probably a decent squad player again as above not seen enough of. STAY

Reda Johnson ...... Looked terrible with Beevers but brilliant with Baath. Theres the dilemma is he good enough. I think he is but needs better players alongside him. KEEP

Spurr ......... Can't knock Tommys attitude or spirit. However if he ever pulls a shirt on again for Wednesday I will be astounded. Megson has recognised Tommy is not a footballer and we can't afford to play him. Harsh I know ........... GO

Baath .......... Can we have this guy for another season ......PLEEEEEASSE. Wednesdays best centre half in a decade as said before. Probably GO but please let him STAY

R Jones .......... His centre half display with BAATH was pure class ......... can we sign him?? not sure hope so. Will be a great Captain for us if he stays.. STAY

D.Jones ......... Another good squad player ......... pace to burn and can play in a variety of positions. STAY but will probably GO

Miller ......... I know he can be a match winner ........ fails to produce on a regular basis. Injury prone and a little slow now. I am afraid there are better midfielders around. GO

Potter ........ Obviously not a fans favorite....... needs a move away for his sake as well as ours. I'm sure with the fans on his side he will play much better. GO

O'Connor ......... Three weeks ago I would have said GO. After some brilliant performances over the last few games his bite and enthusiasm would be missed. STAY

Sedgewick ....... Simply not good enough. Obviosly a favorite of Mr Irvine. When hes on the teamsheet it doesnt inspire you. GO

JJ ...... See O'Connor. His enthusiasm and work rate over the last few games have been nothing short of miraculous. A much better player when hes not sulking and getting down to actually earning his wages. His tackling back has been the main feature for me, a much better player. Lets face it he IS our best player no doubt. Well done MEGSON for changing him. STAY

Coke ...... What has happened to Coke. One minute a definite starter. Megson comes in and doesn't get a game. I'm convinced he has a huge future at HILLSBOROUGH. Has he had issues with MEGSON?? He will rekindle his enthusiasm next season and become the mainstay of our midfield. STAY

Teale ...... mmm difficult. Getting stick off the crowd. But to be fair never gives up. Always eager to have a go at the opposition defence. Will he win HILLSBOROUGH over mmm I think he porobably will. STAY but will probably GO

Heffernan ..... Oh dear poor old HEFF. One of my favorites this year, but that really does say it all. FEED THE HEFF and all that. He' going to go somewhere and probably score against us next year. WILL GO

Madine ........ Getting better the more I watch him. Needs a proper striker with pace alongside next season. STAY

Mellor ........ For me it was another LAZY signing by Mr Irvine ...I know hes scored a few ......... I know he can have good games. However he aint good enough .....For me too slow and can't head it ..... GO

All in all our squad is not too bad ......... the addition of two or three strikers with pace will turn us into a table topping side.... NO QUESTION.

We have the chairman .......... we have the manager .......... we have the fans ............ we have the players (almost)

Reynolds, Spurr, Daniel Jones, Potter, Sedgwick, Teale, Heffernan and C Morrison are all under contract. They have all failed at Hillsborough and therefore the market value of all of them is less than when they signed. Are you convinced that clubs will be willing to take all of these players off our hands?

Do agree with a few of these, although it's hard to know with Madowl if he's taking the p!ss or not.

Very generous on Semi, he isnt bad at all, but he's a league one defender, if we could keep a CB pairing of Batth and Jones i'd rather sort a proper left back out and play Buxton at RB.

The four main out of contract players (Buxton, JOC, Miller and JJ) are proving the backbone of Megson's preferred eleven so I think he will want them all to stay. Hinds will go and then it will be a matter of sending out less favoured contracted players on free transfers, mutual terminations and long term loans.

Not sure the Colchester goalkeeper would agree with you on this one.rolleyes.gif

I was talking to a Liverpool fan mate of mine last night (a proper one, who has had a ST for the past 10 years), he said they really rated Otsemobor when he was over there and they were sad to see him leave. I never realized he had made it into their first team either, I assumed they had got rid while he was still in the youth team.

But yeah, that surprised me as I only saw him as a decent League One right back, perhaps he has potential to get back higher.

I heard that Megson thinks he's lazy. I'll be surprised if he stays, but I'd love to see him stay.

Why? One of our better players. Showed at the end of last season what he was capable of and has carried that into this term. Missed a penalty, OK, but he's definitely one for next season in my oppininon.

Top goalscorer. Don't need to say anything more than that.

Do agree with a few of these, although it's hard to know with Madowl if he's taking the p!ss or not.

Very generous on Semi, he isnt bad at all, but he's a league one defender, if we could keep a CB pairing of Batth and Jones i'd rather sort a proper left back out and play Buxton at RB.

"THE MADOWL" if you dont mind ........... how am I takin the wee wee?? You say you agree with a few, which do you disagree with?

Reynolds, Spurr, Daniel Jones, Potter, Sedgwick, Teale, Heffernan and C Morrison are all under contract. They have all failed at Hillsborough and therefore the market value of all of them is less than when they signed. Are you convinced that clubs will be willing to take all of these players off our hands?

Yes ......... there will be no dead wood once Megson and Mandaric have had their say.

We're not going to pratt about you know ............. they'll be gone !!!!

Guest bigblue

Buxton is the only out of contract player with any hope of staying IMO. He'll fight it out with Otsemobor for the RB spot and will be a good utility squad player to have around even if GM opts for Semi.

Clinton, Heffs, Potter, Sedgewick, Teale, Spurr, are likely to be moved on if possible. Plus Mellor will probably go back.

That'd be 11 out

and ideally we'll bring 8 in - Batth & Jones (hopefully), 2 x CM, RW, LW, 2 x CF.

Reynolds, Reeeda, D.Jones, Palmer, Morrison & Beevers will all be brought on gradually and it remains to be seen who'll take their chance when the inevitable injuries/suspensions mean we have to call upon their services.

Guest bigblue

If there not out of contract there not likely to go!

I'd get rid of all those out of contract except Buxton and sell beevers and spurr to the highest bidder!

Who's they? You obviously don't include Beevers and Spurr for some reason.

A clue to Spurr's value btw = a very round number!

Guest bigblue

Id keep:

Weaver

O'Donnell

Buxton

Semi

Baath

Coke

O'Connor

Mellor

Madine

Out of the whole squad? 2 are out of contract, 2 on loan so would need buying. Do you think we'll get offers on the other 16?