What is going on??

Guest Yorkshireowl

Guest Yorkshireowl

On my way down to Hillsborough last night I was listening to Radio Sheffield and (I think it was Seth) was saying on their way to the ground they were asking fans their predictions, well my prediction was 2-0 to Wednesday as there is no way that I would see anything as bad as I did against Notts County and Peterborough...

As the scoreboard flicked to......

The Owls 1

Brentford 3

80mins..

O how completley wrong I was!!! With out a doubt that was the worst performance I have ever seen..

Can anyone sensibly answer me this?

WHAT IS GOING ON???????

Edited by Yorkshireowl

On my way down to Hillsborough last night I was listening to Radio Sheffield and (I think it was Seth) was saying on their way to the ground they were asking fans their predictions, well my prediction was 2-0 to Wednesday as there is no way that I would see anything as bad as I did against Notts County and Peterborough...

The Owls 1

Brentford 3

80mins..

O how completley wrong I was!!! With out a doubt that was the worst performance I have ever seen..

WHAT IS GOING ON???????

absolutely agree with you on that one pal,IT WAS ABSOLUTELY DIRE!and when you pick useless to55ers like darren potter to start in the side,there was only ever going to be one outcome. :mad:

I know it's been said a million times before but some (not all) of the players just do not seem interested. It's as though they think "I'm not bothered if we win or not as long as I get paid and don't get injured. If things get too tough here I'll just ring my agent and tell him to get me another club".

Modern football and footballers is/are a poor version of what we had when I was a kid. I cannot imagine the likes of Billy Bremner, Nobby Stiles, Francis Lee and Bobby Moore having that attitude and fannying around in their pink carpet slippers that pass for boots today.

And when are we going to get a proper flippingcaptain.(again like Bremner or Moore)

Edited by wharncliffeowl

WHAT IS GOING ON???????

We have a largely young squad who don't have what it takes to use their brains and get stuck in.

Last night proved this as we went to pieces once Rob Jones went off.

The other senior players on the pitch are not up to it and fail to use their experience. Teale is 31/2 and was made captain but continues to fail to step up to the mark.

Someone had it right the other day, think it was Grandad.

We are full of youngsters who think they have hit the bigtime and journeymen looking for a final payday.

This needs to stop and hopefully if we stay up then GM can start to change this trend in the summer.

Guest intercity0wl

Poor players who dont like being told the truth about their ability AND who have thrown there dummys out the pram, thats What is happening.

Trouble is we all think we are right when we state the obvious on here, but get the Jitters when the manager says it to them and has to rely on Whimps with no heart to try and drag the team HE also supports out of the mire

Edited by intercity0wl

Thi season we have changed :

The Chairman and the Board

The Manager

The Team and Tactics

And we are worse than we were last season and the begining of this under the terrible management of Irvine. There is something terribly wrong at our club that a complete regeime change has failed to remedy.

I can only think that it's the name ' Sheffield Wednesday' that makes players think they only have to give 70% to win games, as lack of effort and concentration seems to be a continuous theme. Players that have been extremely good for other sides come here and play poorley, a fact massively backed up by the performances of Michael Morrison and Mark Reynolds since their arrival. Why is this? I wonder what these two players would say if asked?

We are heading for the bottom tier of the league..a place where we will not be able to attract decent players just by being ' Sheffield Wednesday'. I can't help but feel that kind of reality check MAY do us some good.

I can only think that it's the name ' Sheffield Wednesday' that makes players think they only have to give 70% to win games, as lack of effort and concentration seems to be a continuous theme. Players that have been extremely good for other sides come here and play poorley, a fact massively backed up by the performances of Michael Morrison and Mark Reynolds since their arrival. Why is this? I wonder what these two players would say if asked?

To be fair, Michael Morrison has improved massively over the last 5 or 6 games since he was picked at RB, and was good again down at D+R where we defended fantastically.

Then he got dropped last night for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

The only possible explanation is that we want more attacking ball players at full back- but that obviously wasn't the case because Megson picked Spurr ahead of Daniel Jones at LB.

Last nights team selection totally baffled me. Megson is going the same way Irvine did.

None of the players look interested, we have to stop up this year and start a fresh next season.

We have good players on paper, just need a good overhaul of the other cling-ons.

Thi season we have changed :

The Chairman and the Board

The Manager

The Team and Tactics

And we are worse than we were last season and the begining of this under the terrible management of Irvine. There is something terribly wrong at our club that a complete regeime change has failed to remedy.

We are heading for the bottom tier of the league..a place where we will not be able to attract decent players just by being ' Sheffield Wednesday'. I can't help but feel that kind of reality check MAY do us some good.

I agree with this a lot.

A change of mindset is needed from everyone, the players, the staff, the fans.

Our club is big in the sense that we still get a good crowd and have a name for ourselves due to our past.

That is all it is though, the past.

What matters is the present and the future. The present being we are near the bottom of the 3rd division and are crap. The future being that we want to obviously get out of this division firstly.

This will only come when both players and fans accept where we are and go about changing it. I understand as paying customers we have the right to pissed off because what we are being served up is dire but the whole booing thing really really does not help the players wether we agree with it or not. It's the nature of the beast that most players are soft these days and don't "man up". We can either keep fighting this or just accept it and try and get on with it.

It's no use us harping on about the past and then saying change this, change that. We need to accept the situation for what it is and try and get behind the team or realise that by booing it just creates a vicious circle.

15 years of manager and squad changes haven't done much for us (granted the finance aspect plays into this).

I love our club and I am obsessed with it but maybe it's time we did look a bit closer to home??

We can literally be the old cliche of a "12th man" but on the flip side, more often than not we are our own worst nightmare, more than we would care to admit.

Guest Yorkshireowl

To be fair, Michael Morrison has improved massively over the last 5 or 6 games since he was picked at RB, and was good again down at D+R where we defended fantastically.

Then he got dropped last night for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

The only possible explanation is that we want more attacking ball players at full back- but that obviously wasn't the case because Megson picked Spurr ahead of Daniel Jones at LB.

Totally agree with you here....

Why change what seemed on Sat a solid defence.

Too many changes. Players not fit JOB and IO. Potter in a position he will have never played in this life before...

Can't grumble about strikers cause they have no chances to miss!!!!!

Totally agree with you here....

Why change what seemed on Sat a solid defence.

Too many changes. Players not fit JOB and IO. Potter in a position he will have never played in this life before...

Can't grumble about strikers cause they have no chances to miss!!!!!

I'd third that, thought M.Morrison was hard done by but Reynolds was always getting dropped.

To be fair to Megson, I reckon his thinking was that Buxton and Spurr are more attacking minded and taking into account that we were at home and playing a team who may have one eye on wembley then he has put trust in them to put a shift in.

They repay him by leaving a man unmarked 6 yards out for a header in the third minute.

I was quite happy with last nights team on paper and thought they would put a shift in, yet again, they have let everybody down.

Guest Yorkshireowl

I was quite happy with last nights team on paper and thought they would put a shift in, yet again, they have let everybody down.

I agree that the team ''on paper'' looked ok.

But both CM's are not fully fit. Gary Teale has played like a headless chicken all season and Potter on RW = Shocking selection...

Let us down?!?!?!? I feel worst today than I did against Crystal Palace!!!

We might be crap but that is no excuse for each and every player to give nothing less than 100% commitment and application. If I were a player and receiving boos - so what - it would make me work that much harder to prove them wrong and my professional pride would at least show everyone that whilst I might not have the ability, they couldn't question my commitment.

Where is the character in each and every one of our players?

It seems they take the easy option of rolling over or hiding.

They should start on Saturday by being in Colchester's faces from the first second to the last - no excuses - that's the very least each and every one of them owe the fans - win, draw or lose.

If we go one down, we fight all the harder.

Time to stop feeling sorry for yourselves lads or looking for excuses - and high time to put a shift in.

Stand up and be counted time - otherwise, be honest with the manager and tell him you don't want to play for this wonderful club - at least we could respect your honesty and ensure that 11 men on the pitch were out there ready to die for the cause.

We might be crap but that is no excuse for each and every player to give nothing less than 100% commitment and application. If I were a player and receiving boos - so what - it would make me work that much harder to prove them wrong and my professional pride would at least show everyone that whilst I might not have the ability, they couldn't question my commitment.

Where is the character in each and every one of our players?

It seems they take the easy option of rolling over or hiding.

They should start on Saturday by being in Colchester's faces from the first second to the last - no excuses - that's the very least each and every one of them owe the fans - win, draw or lose.

If we go one down, we fight all the harder.

Time to stop feeling sorry for yourselves lads or looking for excuses - and high time to put a shift in.

Stand up and be counted time - otherwise, be honest with the manager and tell him you don't want to play for this wonderful club - at least we could respect your honesty and ensure that 11 men on the pitch were out there ready to die for the cause.

Totally agree Daz.

When they lined up and they all looked they were gonna cry i knew we were going to lose, on the way i thought wed win, i felt sorry for them, yeah they earn more than i ever will but they looked so miserable i actually pittied them.

The Owls 1

Brentford 3

80mins..

WHAT IS GOING ON???????

we have had 2 seasons now of just losing every week i am sick of it i hate going now the thought of going and watching them lose to teams like brentford and sight of the away fans celebrating all the time i hate it

When they lined up and they all looked they were gonna cry i knew we were going to lose, on the way i thought wed win, i felt sorry for them, yeah they earn more than i ever will but they looked so miserable i actually pittied them.

i agree it just looked like not one of them wanted to be there and it was the same for the fans atmosphere was so flat even after we scored its so depressing