Did we really expect Megson to take us up this season??

Guest Davidowls

Guest Big Guns

MM and GM are both football people AND realists I am pretty sure that GM's mandate was to stay in the league and work with what he had, take a good hard look at the staff and players we have then get rid and bring in new as appropriate, I wouldnt be surprised if a transfer kitty hadnt already been agreed as part of GM's appointment.

The only problem we may have is that teams below us are delivering the goods which could drag us down,as I see it we need 3 wins to keep us safe, the first of these should be at the Daggers, although we made it tough at Hillsboro. I would settle for a one-nil and get the 3 points.

We are all Wednesday aren't we???

Come on you Blue and white wizards!!!!!

do you mean like the realist who posts on here so theres 3 of em eh

It were not that long ago we were second!!!

For all of Purse's faults, I believe his attitude and spirit outweighed his occasional Fu%k up and this is where I believe the rot has started to happen regarding results. I remember the Cardiff game last year, Purse was awful first half, standing of Bothroyd and giving him too much space, second half he was awesome and got tighter and Bothroyd didn't get a sniff.

not wanting to sidetrack the thread, but i count Purse as the main culprit in causing us to be in this $hithole league in the first place.

I did expect Megson to make a charge for the top 6, just like I expected AI to keep us up last season. Otherwise, why change manager mid way in the season?

Like AI so far GM is performing way below expectations (and I suspect well below the expectations of MM).

if we stay up by a whisker and carry on playing poorly I think we'll change manager again in the summer.

Guest jdowl1

Megson has walked into the toughest job in the football league with the added pressure of it being the club his family and himself support.

He is desperate to be succesfull here and i think he will be.

UTO

Hardly the toughest job in the Football League. One of the biggest squads in the division, a harmonious and supportive board and an adoring public, This season all he needs to do, is get us into the top half of the table.

Guest totemowl

Megson has walked into the toughest job in the football league with the added pressure of it being the club his family and himself support.

He is desperate to be succesfull here and i think he will be.

UTO

That's not pressure, that's love.

Agree with you though that he has the toughest job in the league to get us into the Premiership.

Hardly the toughest job in the Football League. One of the biggest squads in the division, a harmonious and supportive board and an adoring public, This season all he needs to do, is get us into the top half of the table.

I agree. We are managing ( or should I say mismanaging) the impossible-getting worse and worse.

I was already convinced the season had been destroyed by Irvine and just so long Megson kept us afloat i would have been/will be happy.

Had too many matches this season where we've turned up and just been kicked in the balls by the wee wee poor performance we're paying our hard earnt dollar to watch.

Ultimately it's been a flipping nightmare, which i for one cannot wait to end.

Edited by eckington owl

i'm looking at our present time as the dark just before daylight emerges...

the last chance saloon for those not good enough...

those who will not learn...

those short on talent, but don't make up for it with gut busting effort...

in 12/ 24 months time, the overall appearance of this club should have altered 180 degrees...

i wonder then in some small corner of the world will some of our by then ex players be thinking to themselves...i didn't know real life was this hard, wish i'd given it a proper go at hillsborough when i had the chance... :ohmy:

in the next 2 years a number of people will lose their jobs, and lively hoods, due to government policy, and i for one will feel for them all, as being out of work during high unemployment is a real big downer...

yet it appears we have some players who prefer to poke a hair clip into an electrical socket...as a lifestyle choice...

Edited by dnhc

No.

And i don't think he will do it next year either.

Unless Milan throws silly money at it.

Which i don't think he will.

In my opinion, this will be a three season stay ( at least) i am afraid.

Can i have the seat noose beside Kivo biggrin.gif.