Did we really expect Megson to take us up this season??

Guest Davidowls

Guest Davidowls

MM and GM are both football people AND realists I am pretty sure that GM's mandate was to stay in the league and work with what he had, take a good hard look at the staff and players we have then get rid and bring in new as appropriate, I wouldnt be surprised if a transfer kitty hadnt already been agreed as part of GM's appointment.

The only problem we may have is that teams below us are delivering the goods which could drag us down,as I see it we need 3 wins to keep us safe, the first of these should be at the Daggers, although we made it tough at Hillsboro. I would settle for a one-nil and get the 3 points.

We are all Wednesday aren't we???

Come on you Blue and white wizards!!!!!

Edited by Davidowls

No I didn't expect him to take us up, but I did expect him to win more games than lose an also finish in a higher position than we were under Irvine.

So far he isn't doing either.

Mr Megson , stop publically flogging the players and sort it out behind closed doors and on the training pitch. Ta

I on the other hand thought we'd struggle, and we have. Bizarrely enough, I think Milan DID expect us to push for the play offs when he appointed Megson.

im sure when he sanctioned the new signings under irvine, he was expecting them to push into the play off spots as well.

i expected us to go up when i saw the assembled squad. i really didnt think we would underacheive so pathetically.

Guest Davidowls

i think its tough as a manager, coming in to a squad devoid of confidence without the ability to bring in good new faces because the windows shut, clubs.e decent loans are already at clubs.even with all AI's faults he was a good manager, its just he didnt understand SWFC. Now we have a manager that does!! A little bit like Kenny at liverpool. We will see him earn his corn in the summer

Guest totemowl

i think its tough as a manager, coming in to a squad devoid of confidence without the ability to bring in good new faces because the windows shut, clubs.e decent loans are already at clubs.even with all AI's faults he was a good manager, its just he didnt understand SWFC. Now we have a manager that does!! A little bit like Kenny at liverpool. We will see him earn his corn in the summer

Good post.

I actually believe given time Megson could get us promoted from this division, its the turmoil we'll go through before he gets in the right players to play his kind of football, that concerns me. It will take at least a couple of seasons and I'm not sure the chairman is that patient. What happens then? We'll be left with yet another squad of players who will largely be unsuitable for the type of football the next manager will want to play.

Guest SPURTt

The Tea Lady could have got the team promoted on paper at least , Best fans, Best team, Best ground ,Best chairman ,Best pies .

Guest Big Guns

The Tea Lady could have got the team promoted on paper at least , Best fans, Best team, Best ground ,Best chairman ,Best pies .

worst sausage rolls tho

It were not that long ago we were second!!!

For all of Purse's faults, I believe his attitude and spirit outweighed his occasional Fu%k up and this is where I believe the rot has started to happen regarding results. I remember the Cardiff game last year, Purse was awful first half, standing of Bothroyd and giving him too much space, second half he was awesome and got tighter and Bothroyd didn't get a sniff.

We also don't seem to find a striker capable of getting 20-25 league goals which is imperative to sustaining results. All our strikers in the recent past as well as present can look good on paper, start to knock in a few goals and then it all seems to go Pete Tong!

Personally, I'm not sold on Megson, but one thing our great club needs more than anything is stability and not knee jerk changes. With MM at the helm I'm not 100% we will get that, but I would like to give Megson at least next season to see if he can turn it around and make us a really serious contender to go up. We don't belong in Div 1 or the Championship, but we need to earn the right to be back in the Premership, not expect it.