Birmingham City v Sheffield Wednesday

First match I've been able to watch in some time.

Palmer has been almost as good in this half as O'Connor was bad in the first. Very impressed, hope he can get a shirt more regularly. Certainly our midfield was the start of all of our problems in the first half.

As much as we've been outplayed though, we have been dreadful. O'Connor must not be let near the matchday squad again. Ever. THE RADIATOR clearly needs some positional work. Crossing has to be worked on - Malcolm Christie was absolutely right about our crossing, but I swear that it's been the case for about 10 years that we simply cannot get good crosses in.

positives:

we seem to be holding our shape in patches (however this should be tempered with the fact that Birmingham took their foot off the gas a long long time ago)

palmer looks a good prospect, playing without fear. forward thinking brain.

osbourne looks very good for our level. i like him, he is what we need.

negatives:

The biggest issue i have is that we have no one who wil have a go. People used to slag JJ off for having no end product, but thats not always necessary, having that little bit of fear enter into a defenders mind can make them do things they wouldnt usually i.e. make mistakes. Seems there is no-one in the team who is willing to have a go barring osbourne and seemingly palmer, but being in the middle they can only have a minimal level of effect. Overall, we need wingers and we need them badly.

Crossing has to be worked on - Malcolm Christie was absolutely right about our crossing, but I swear that it's been the case for about 10 years that we simply cannot get good crosses in.

The problem with our crossing imo is due to the nature of our strikers. Madine, Mellor, Morrison, Heff not one of them are quick enough to ever get played in behind. The opposition just learn we never play through balls, so they are set for each cross with it inevitably launched into the box at maximum height. When we get a Rob Earnshaw type striker the variety in our play should be enough to keep the defenders guessing.

Saying that, I don't have any badges so thats not fact. lol

Edited by Pulixifer