Can we still get automatic promotion?

Guest woofer123

Guest woofer123

With the current squad and if we get a new manager within a weekor so do you think we can still finish in the top 2?

Also if we miss promotion should the new guy be sacked?

Your thoughts.

I think there is nothing wrong with are squad, proberly the srongest squad in the leauge by a mile. As we all know defenatlly need new manager and if we get one within the next week think it is to late for automatic premotion but would have to look at the play offs now. I just prey that its sooner then later as like you all have surported sheff wed since i can remember but my problem is i live i brighton and as you all know this is not good at the mo and stiil for the life of me cant understand and comprerhend how that bag of poo poo are top of the league, i have seen them play a few times this year and believe me they are!!!!!

Guest Briscoe Inferno

With the current squad and if we get a new manager within a weekor so do you think we can still finish in the top 2?

Also if we miss promotion should the new guy be sacked?

Your thoughts.

Irvine will have lost Mandaric £3-5 Million if we have to stay in this league for another season.

Anyone new has to come in on the understanding that we may only have 3 more games we can lose out of 22...

Success from this point on will be a play-off place with someone new.

Success from this point on will be Lge 1 survival if Irvine stays....

Him, Barr, Kelly and Rhodes are not up to the job IMO, however 'professional' they may look.

Guest woofer123

Yes, but it would take an 8 or 9 game winning streak to get us back up there.

Can you really see us doing that?

If the shackles were taken off then yes i believe we could do it (AI will never do this) but any new manager will have to really go for it from day 1.

Edited by woofer123

Guest woofer123

Cant really sees going up at all tbh don't think mandaric is gonna get rid of irvine now that he's let him spend his money

That depends on who decided to get these players may not be down to the manager.

Unless things change we don't stand a chance of promotion!

We are currently playing without a midfield and little if no pace in our team. We have a total lack of invention, play with very little quality and no real width. We have very few players who can beat a player, cross a ball or shoot accurately. The service to our strikers is woeful.

We are currently on a run where our form is scandalous and if it continues it will see us relegated.

There are only two ways out of this situation. The first one is to go out and sign the players we need, quality midfield players who can tackle, pass, cross and shoot, a couple with genuine pace would not go amiss! The other way out of the situation is to replace our management and coaching staff and change the way we are asking our players to play. Keep hoofing the ball long without accuracy to strikers who are not gifted with pace and there is only one outcome, we will not be anywhere near the promotion or play off places at the end of the season.

anyone can get automatic promotion with all the points still available but i dont think we will... tbh I'd be glad to stay down just one more season, get rid of the deadwood like last in league and get some youngsters and a few new players and then we might have a chance of doing something in the championship, but with the team we've got is not good enough in my eyes not just for the championship but it also looks like were not good enough for league one at the moment. Just dont forget it took us two seasons last time to get a decent team and do well.

to be fair with the squad we have, we should be right in the automatic promotion spots ... however at this rate we'll finish in midtable

its all like when we had Turner in charge .. brings in decent players but can't seem to get the best out of them

now Irvine has brought in better players .. much better and its just as bad as before!

The problem we have now is that it isn't just a case of us having to catch 2 or 3 teams to get automatic promotion. There are now 4 teams all chasing it and in reasonable form, there are also another 6 or 7 who are all pushing for the play-offs. For us to get automatic promotion we have to win the vast majority of our remaining games and hope that 5/6 teams fail week in week out. We are now in a position where the teams above us will stay above us because they will all be beating each other and we keep dropping points left right and centre. For me the season ended when the 4th goal went in on Saturday. The players have lost it, the fans have had enough and the manager is clueless. Not a good combination for a promotion chasing team. 7 points above relegation - hmmmm.......................

Just not bothered...

There is literally no chance of us getting automatic promotion now.

I posted on here somewhere the other day...I think we'd need the equivalent of 2.2 points/game to achieve automatic promotion (based on the average points total of the team finishing 2nd over the past five seasons).

That is simply not going to happen with this manager. That doesn't take into consideration the probable upturn in form Southampton, Peterborough and possibly Charlton will see in the second half of the season, after sacking their under-performing managers.

Irvine has sensationally fooked this season up...like you wouldn't believe. We are now clinging onto the hope that we hit form, to bag a lower playoff spot. How desperate and sad is that.

There is literally no chance of us getting automatic promotion now.

I posted on here somewhere the other day...I think we'd need the equivalent of 2.2 points/game to achieve automatic promotion (based on the average points total of the team finishing 2nd over the past five seasons).

That is simply not going to happen with this manager. That doesn't take into consideration the probable upturn in form Southampton, Peterborough and possibly Charlton will see in the second half of the season, after sacking their under-performing managers.

Irvine has sensationally fooked this season up...like you wouldn't believe. We are now clinging onto the hope that we hit form, to bag a lower playoff spot. How desperate and sad is that.

:laugh: :laugh:

My sides literally split when I read that.

Of course we have a chance of automatic promotion - a long shot but look at the likes of Palace under Dowie who were bottom 3 at christmas and went up (albeit in the playoffs). This is a poor league - a bit of confidence, shape, better management we'll wee wee this league.