Can we still get automatic promotion?

Guest woofer123

With the players we have,yes. As someone said 9pts to make up with 2 games in hand and 22 games left, Id say its still possible. With the manager no chance.

Can anyone tell me if there was ever a sucessful team that worried about the opposition or played negative football. The best teams make the opposition worry about them and go out and attack them. In fact teams that will go up are teams that attack.

:laugh: :laugh:

My sides literally split when I read that.

Of course we have a chance of automatic promotion - a long shot but look at the likes of Palace under Dowie who were bottom 3 at christmas and went up (albeit in the playoffs). This is a poor league - a bit of confidence, shape, better management we'll wee wee this league.

We would require a run of games where we would have to win at least 2/3rds of the games, and draw a large percentage of the others.

It's not impossible...but realistically speaking...it almost there. And given the fact we've got a manager who shows no signs of changing his defensive, negativity mentality, the task is even greater.

It's OK saying, were only x amounts points off y. But this isn't the bottom half of the table where the points averages are going to be lower. The sides in and around us will all be picking a points up on a regular basis.

You've also got to consider the that the likes of Southampton, Peterborough and perhaps Charlton are likely to improve their points average over the second half of the season.

I've accepted we won't go up automatic. We could finish in the playoffs though. Won't win then though, Irvine doesn't have the stones to get teams through big one off games. Look at last season with us. Look at his playoffs with united. For some reason it's not something his teams seem able to cope with. Too scared? Over coached? Too defensive? I don't know what it I but it doesn't bode well.