Darren Purse - Leaves by mutual consent - OFFICIAL

It may also mean he's taken a cut on what he's owed - we don't know know either way but it suggests there has been compromise on both sides

Is there a reason he shouldn't be paid what he's contractually owed?

If indeed he did take everything he's owed before leaving

What is there not to get?

But if he had gone on a free transfer this window (rather than by mutual consent) would we have paid him any of the remainder (6 months) of his contract? That's my concern anyway - and it sounds like Reading's too.

Edited by Neal M

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

But if he had gone on a free transfer this window (rather than by mutual consent) would we have paid him any of the remainder (6 months) of his contract? That's my concern anyway - and it sounds like Reading's too.

We don't know what, if anything, he's been paid so no point speculating

We also don't know if a free transfer was a viable option - free transfers can very often lead to the releasing club paying contractual agreements anyway - otherwise it's not financially in the interests of a player to move - in fact a free transfer is more likely to trigger payment clauses than a mutually agreed termination of contract

There is a lot of financial chicanery in football and its contracts - my point is no need to crassly offer specualtion into this with aboslutely no knowledge of the facts - just as a reason to have a go at the guy

His pockets might be bulging and he's had to hire Eddie Stobart to transport his wages - it may be that he's saved the club a pot of money himself - we don't know so why speculate?

Nobody is having a go at the guy.

The converse seems to be happening on similar unknown facts.

Mutual termination suggests a pay off, do people still think that's a dignified exit despite Millwall's interest?

It's unpinning the hand grenade and rolling it into the debate - sow a seed and all that

What i mainly see in this thread is not sycophancy - but a "thanks for the service and the community work - shame it didn't work out better" as opposed to "well done Dazza for walking away and saving us shitloads of wages"

Interspersed is the usual "flip off Purse you useless c*nt" and "drive him there myself" while some fans think he was unfairly scapegoated too often (he was) but did contribute to his downfall with us by being too erratic

This latest (inference) "he's taking money out of the club so now do you think he's a good guy" is crass and unwarranted imo - especially in the absence of facts

Edited by scram

Hope not to have balance would like a left footed center half and a right footed center half together, which is why the radiator and m Morrison look an obvious partnership, with Reynolds and Buxton first choice full backs and semi and Jones as cover!

:dry:

Where did this idea come from?

Why are so many convinced by it?

Vidic and Ferdinand are both right footed - you don't see Ferguson clamoring for a left footed center back.

It's just not the case.

This latest (inference) "he's taking money out of the club so now do you think he's a good guy" is crass and unwarranted imo - especially in the absence of facts

But it's OK for you to speculate ............ on a forum, without the facts.

Or, for you to speculate on the speculation and put everyone straight.

Thanks for that

P.S -- Can you point out where anyone has said he is 'a bad guy' for taking money out of the Club or, even infered it?

Edited by ReadingOwl

But it's OK for you to speculate ............ on a forum, without the facts.

Or, for you to speculate on the speculation and put everyone straight.

What have a speculated on - seriously, point it out

P.S -- Can you point out where anyone has said he is 'a bad guy' for taking money out of the Club or, even infered it?

I pointed it out above - it was dropping the hand grenade in as i said

But once more.....

Mutual termination suggests a pay off, do people still think that's a dignified exit despite Millwall's interest?

Cheers for your dedication here and good luck for the future Darren.

Am sure the booing from our fans has partly led to his exit, it was clear he wasn't playing well currently too though.

You really cared about playing for the club and gave your all, the times right to move on now though, all the best.

It's unpinning the hand grenade and rolling it into the debate - sow a seed and all that

Fair play. I have re-visited your posts and I note that you have harboured against speculation.

But I think that saying the above in relation to someones comments about him probably being paid off, is a bit harsh and speculative of itself.

The point I was raising (and the origianl poster was) was that, in all probablity, he was compensated. I don't think from that that the inference should be made from that he was/is a bad man.

You are infering that that is what was meant.

I or the original poster (Bartos?) have never said he was a bad man.

That is your 'speculation', it seems to me.

That is what I found ironic. How you could comment in certainty on other persons views; that being, mine.

Nail on head. Some of them don't seem to get it.

Do they actually think he has just walked away and not collected his wages?

i'm sure its you who doesn't get it

mutual consent means that the club and player usually come to a compromise over the remainder of the contract and yes Purse will be paid up front but it will be either be a proportion of his wages or the remainder of all his wages which in fairness, he is due to isn't he.

would you walk away from a job before your contract ended and leave whatever was owed to you??? didn't think so

and what gets me is the surprising number of jibes, sly comments and vitriol towards Purse

yes he has made mistakes during his stint at S6, but come on.. who the flip hasn't? some games he has looked a novice, and other games he has looked monumental.

why don't people just congratulate him on his time here and wish him well for the future, instead of slating him as one of our worst signings (joke of a comment), saying he's garbage and made Beevers and Spurr go backwards (joke of a comment) and the many more. its just a good job some of you idiots on here haven't wished he'd break his legs when leaving the ground or when he plays for his new club

flipping sickening seeing some of the comments on here and the nastiness and vitriol towards Purse who yes was scapegoated a lot of the time

i'm pretty sure him leaving has come off the back of comments on here, his twitter and the booing he has been subjected to. He probably thought he wasn't liked and that rather then face the wrath of the boo boys and to save face, he would leave the club and allow us to get someone else in to help us out

for me i want to wish DP4 all the very best, thank him for his contributions ON and OFF the pitch and to wish him well for the future

mutual consent means that the club and player usually come to a compromise over the remainder of the contract and yes Purse will be paid up front but it will be either be a proportion of his wages or the remainder of all his wages which in fairness, he is due to isn't he.

would you walk away from a job before your contract ended and leave whatever was owed to you??? didn't think so

I am glad you have got it - and told me of that fact.

Point out where I have said otherwise or other than what you have said above?

Point out where I have been vitriolic to Purse in this thread?

Yep good luck to him. Not sure how he will fare in the CCC tbh. Been a bit of a disappointment for me. Thought we were getting Mike Lyons and we got Gregg Fee. Eh oh.

Interesting that him along with Potter and JOC are now seen as the three we needed to get shut of. The last of Laws side. Coincidence? Probably not?

We owe him another year because of appearances.

He says just pay me up for this season and I'll waive the option of an extension.

we lose out on a (minimal) transfer fee + have to pay the remaining months but save on all his wages, bonuses, NIC (presuming we actually pay these) for next season.

Knowing a little about similar contracts this is my speculation on what has been agreed, seems like a fair deal all round to me.

I'm sure he'll do a steady job for Millwall too.