Mark Beevers

I know he's a central defender and it' not always required, but Beevers isn't a very Mowbray signing. He likes his players to be composed on the ball and have a bit of footballing ability.

It was Sedgwick not Morrison that was beaten easily for the first goal. Sedgwick was covering for Morrison and didn't do his job properly. Purse wasn't to blame.

Guest Buxtonian

We keep hearing that the only way Beevers can clear a ball is by hoofing it. This appears to be true, but it's also as true of Purse and the other defenders(new signings excepted).

But have you noticed, or even considered, the way that none of the midfield seems to be available for the shorter clearance, with the exception of Potter, whose first move is to immediately pass the ball back to whoever passes it. The 'hoof-ball' is often the only alternative. This is why I feel that what we need is a good ball-holding midfielder who can then turn defence into attack.

Ironically he was pretty decent until he had to play alongside Purse every week.

It must be terrifying for the lad though and no good for his confidence, not knowing what clanger his skipper's going to drop next.

how old is he??? about f*ckin 4?, it's about time some of these so called players of ours realised that the time is here for them to make serious decisions about their footballing careers...to MAN UP and press forward, or to continue down the line they're on to lower and non league football, he wants sending out on loan to see if he improves, if he doesn't jack the clown decisions in, and grow a pair then he needs to find another club permanent, 'cos he has REAL COMPETITION for once...

Edited by dnhc

Do you know, I said something similar about Morrison being totally out of the picture, and leaving Purse on his own, at the time it happened. but Purse was within touching distance of , and made no attempt to tackle, their striker who went through and scored as though Purse didn't exist.

It's not worth argueing about, so I concede to your greater knowledge of things football related. Just as a matter of interest do you have an opinion on the own goal he'd have needlessly conceded in the second half (through his own very poor play) had it not have been for a top class save from Weaver.

Purse, like Beevers, is a liability, who has far more games like he had yesterday, than he does decent ones, and whether the fault for the first goal was entirely his, was a major reason why we conceded two stupid goals in the first six or seven minutes, and were facing an uphill battle almost from the start.

If Purse had made the tackle and got it wrong he would have been sent off being the last man.........he did all he could imo.

Not particularly defending him, just like blame to be apportioned fairly.

Guest YorkOwl89

On a positive note, isnt it actually nice to be able to have a debate on who were gonna play at the back for once? For once in a long time a manager has a good selection headache to contend with at S6.

i've seen the replys about Purse and there is no chance in hell that the first goal is Purses fault. if its anyone's fault, its Rampage's for being out of position and being beaten to the ball. Purse is covering for Rampage but can't get over in time

if thats his fault, then hey why not blame him for all the goals at Exeter .. *oh wait on .. a lot of you already did!!