Mark Beevers

Ideal defence.

Buxton ( c ) - Johnson - Morrison - Reynolds.

Morrison is a blatant centre half, and i think we'll see the best of him there, probably will go on to become a future captain.

Beevers is just not the answer to Purse at all, certainly not in the long term, hes almost as bad, as anybody who went to Swindon can testify.

We need to move on from the likes of Beevers, Purse and Spurr now, and look to assemble a real quality back four, the dangerous error prone types that we have been watching for years need to become a thing of the past now.

Ideal defence.

Buxton ( c ) - Johnson - Morrison - Reynolds.

Morrison is a blatant centre half, and i think we'll see the best of him there, probably will go on to become a future captain.

Beevers is just not the answer to Purse at all, certainly not in the long term, hes almost as bad, as anybody who went to Swindon can testify.

We need to move on from the likes of Beevers, Purse and Spurr now, and look to assemble a real quality back four, the dangerous error prone types that we have been watching for years need to become a thing of the past now.

Switch Johnson for Morrison and I would agree with this. However, my only concern is that we are essentially playing with 4 CB's, so we may be more defensive regarding overlapping.

Has Irvine got the b0llocks to drop Purse though? I hope todays crowd reaction would give Irvine the kick to realise the fans just don't like him ON the pitch.

Guest TRC_OWL

seen as we beat bristol city and kept a clean sheet maybe the reason because you dont change a winning team unless your a complete and utter fool

Ironically he was pretty decent until he had to play alongside Purse every week.

It must be terrifying for the lad though and no good for his confidence, not knowing what clanger his skipper's going to drop next.

Yeah you keep telling yourself that! People are soft on Beevers, IMHO cos he's a local lad and looked so good when he first broke in.

But he has been even worse than Purse this season, the pair of them have been liabilities and even when they win the ball they immediately hoof it back to the opposition. You can just as easily blame Beevers for Purse's form... but the fact is they have both been sheeyite for quite some time.

The difference is that Beevers CAN come back older wiser and stronger, and I hope he can use the impending spell out of the team to sort himself out. Purse on the other hand is ready for the knacker's yard

On paper Reynolds is our best CB... then there's THE RADIATOR, Morrison, Buxton who are all better bets than Purse (and Beevers right now). I don't see Purse staying in the team much longer on current form, Irvine will agonise over dropping him as he's the skipper - but even Irvine can't pick someone who drops clangers every game when he's just signed 3 CB's who are better than him

Guest Buxtonian

Switch Johnson for Morrison and I would agree with this. However, my only concern is that we are essentially playing with 4 CB's, so we may be more defensive regarding overlapping.

Has Irvine got the b0llocks to drop Purse though? I hope todays crowd reaction would give Irvine the kick to realise the fans just don't like him ON the pitch.

Without doubt, Purse was at fault for both early goals, and did not have a good match. This, however, does NOT JUSTIFY the crowd's reaction, and the Booing of OUR OWN players is totally unacceptable during a game. It does not help either the player nor the team, and shows that the Owls fans, far from being 'the best', are a set of complete arseholes!!!!!

By all means, show your displeasure at the end of a game, but for f==k sake let the Manager and players get on with their jobs.

Sempt strange to me, i know Pursey's the Skipper but surely Beevers and THE RADIATOR is where its at now !?

Anyone know why he didnt play ... hope that doesnt means he's off to boro' :mellow:

Haven't you watched us play too many times this season?

Purse was at fault for both goals yesterday (although Weaver was also pretty poor for the first one), but despite him getting booed every time he went near the ball in the first half, he improved his performance as the game went on. If Beevers had cost us goals, and he has cost us goals this season, and been booed like Purse was, he'd have gone to pieces.

He's very very fragile (in terms of temperament), which isn't something you can accuse Purse of being.

Ideally, Purse, Beevers, Spurr and Otsemobor would be out of the club, as soon as possible. What gets me about the whole thing is, when people phone up Radio Sheffield and suggest that Purse should be dropped, the response (yesterday, young Staton said it about half a dozen times) is, "you can't drop him, he's the club captain", which is totall gonads. If he's not playing well enough, he should be dropped.

How was Purse at fault for the first goal?

I'm sure you've seen the goals on television. He was the nearest defender to their player when he scored, and offered no sort of challenge. However, Weaver (who seems exempt from any sort of criticism on here) could aslo have done better with the shot, which appeared from the North stand, to go under him.

He was in no way at fault for the 1st goal - it's ridiculous

He had to move across to try to cover after Johnson was beaten in the air then Morrison stood like a dummy with his back to his player - completely ball watching which allowed the striker to stroll in behind him - yet you're blaming the player that had to completely change position to try to provide last-ditch cover and didn't manage to get there?

You're right that perhaps Weaver could have done better but even that's nitpicking - but no way was it the fault of Purse

He had to move across to try to cover after Johnson was beaten in the air then Morrison stood like a dummy with his back to his player - completely ball watching which allowed the striker to stroll in behind him - yet you're blaming the player that had to completely change position to try to provide last-ditch cover and didn't manage to get there?

You're right that perhaps Weaver could have done better but even that's nitpicking - but no way was it the fault of Purse

Do you know, I said something similar about Morrison being totally out of the picture, and leaving Purse on his own, at the time it happened. but Purse was within touching distance of , and made no attempt to tackle, their striker who went through and scored as though Purse didn't exist.

It's not worth argueing about, so I concede to your greater knowledge of things football related. Just as a matter of interest do you have an opinion on the own goal he'd have needlessly conceded in the second half (through his own very poor play) had it not have been for a top class save from Weaver.

Purse, like Beevers, is a liability, who has far more games like he had yesterday, than he does decent ones, and whether the fault for the first goal was entirely his, was a major reason why we conceded two stupid goals in the first six or seven minutes, and were facing an uphill battle almost from the start.

I'm not evaluating the entire Wednesday career of Purse - just yesterday's 1st goal and he was in no way, shape or form to blame for it - nonsense to say he was

We've seen he's a bluindering idiot at times and we've been disappointed with his overall contribution because it wasn't what we expected we were getting

But in relation to yesterdays 1st goal it just cheapens people's arguments to pin things on him which he patently wasn't to blame for

Guest Willy Fitzwinders

Have to agree with that assessment but it will have been smoke screened somewhat by the way in which the penalty was conceded, also, who is going to criticise Morrison on his home debut after last week.