Joe Lewis (Peterborough Keeper)

Just been on SSN that Joe Lewis has been "asked to leave" Peterborough United.

23 Years old ... was the under 21's keeper and was called up to the full squad last year for a friendly.

Supposed to be one of the best keepers outside the Premiership.

Bit of a dilema really, the sort of player id like us to go for BUT Weaver is still quality !

What would you do ?

Any player 'asked to leave' (presuming that's not a typo) would make me very wary of signing him, not matter how good he is. We had a team full of wee pipe eds last year, we need to steer clear of that.

Or they could just be skint and he's one of their saleable assets.

EDIT: Just looked on the Sky Sports site, he's handed in a transfer request because they rejected a bid from a Prem side

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_6651508,00.html

Edited by Wednesday-Wonderland

The chairman of Peterborough sacked the manager for 'not seeing eye to eye on policy' so it is not beyond the realms of imagination for the teams star player to go to the chairman to 'discuss' the manager leaving and having a similar 'disagreement about policy'.

I have no idea though.

Or they could just be skint and he's one of their saleable assets.

EDIT: Just looked on the Sky Sports site, he's handed in a transfer request because they rejected a bid from a Prem side

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_6651508,00.html

Can't blame him it's only Peterbrough he plays for. Imagine if the lost him Boyd and Mackail-Smith. They would be fighting off relegation.

Guest FoggyS17

j lewis will more than likely go to a championship club or maybe even a prem club looking to develop him maybe loan him out, he's a top keeper with a lot of potential

Guest Buxtonian

Weaver certainly not 'too old' in relation to GK's. Must have 4-5 good years left at least, and don't we have a promising understudy in O'Donnell ?

Not denying that Joe Lewis would be a quality signing at Hillsborough but I say we save our money as we already have a brilliant keeper.

Ive lost count this season the amount of games that Weaver has kept us in it.

Some people say that he is 31 and reaching the end of his career but remember he is a keeper and they can play longer than outfield players and assuming Weaver stays injury free I think we could get another 2 maybe 3 more years of quality from him.

Plus I think if we kept offloading Richard O'Donnel and Aaron Jameson on loan to get match practise then we may as well have them as back up to Weaver.

So nice idea on getting Joe Lewis but I would rather we spend the cash on a decent midfielder or a striker instead